PDA

View Full Version : My Tip Won't Work

Exoduz
01-29-2007, 08:01 PM
I've searched for about a 1/2 hour on here and found some similar threads but with no answers....basically, my tiptronic mode wont work at all. i switch into tip mode and it still shifts like an automatic. the buttons and the steering wheel do not light up and the display doesn't change at all. it drives perfectly fine in auto but i still want tip mode[drive] . any suggestions or advice? i hope it isn't anything serious...[confused]

Mattgfx
01-29-2007, 08:17 PM
hmm first time ive heard of this, i would die with out my tip.. :( good luck fixing it !!

a4sleepa
01-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Really? I dont use the tip that much. I barely get on it. Do you guys actually drive all the time in tip? [drive]

d_maniac
01-29-2007, 08:29 PM
i drive in tip mode 90% of the time, try checking a fuse maybe...

speedydragon
01-29-2007, 08:29 PM
I use tip when I'm driving in mountain roads,

Mattgfx
01-29-2007, 08:42 PM
tip 100% of the time, unless im trying to hold my drink..fucking cup holders[headbang] .. with out tip its no fun lol

a4sleepa
01-29-2007, 09:00 PM
tip 100% of the time, unless im trying to hold my drink..fucking cup holders[headbang] .. with out tip its no fun lol

I've always felt like i was beating up the tranny every time i move the shifter to the right...IDK, I baby my car

zrowcool
01-29-2007, 09:03 PM
see if the cover around the shifter (chrome with the letters in it) is loose. I had a problem where the little clips broke on mine and it wouldnt change into tip mode. Also there can be a misalignment of the magnets. not too sure so check on audiworld for the write up.

Mattgfx
01-29-2007, 09:03 PM
I've always felt like i was beating up the tranny every time i move the shifter to the right...IDK, I baby my car

[rolleyes] lol

RippleChip
01-30-2007, 05:48 AM
It will be the magnet that is out of place. I've had this before, the magnet under the shifter area was out of place and it wouldn't register the shifter being slid over into tip mode.

dc2002
01-30-2007, 08:17 AM
This happened to me and its the Tiptronic Multifunction Switch

3 01V 919 821 D multi-function switch for
automatic gearbox
F >> 8D-Y-200 000*
8 pin

OR

(3) 01V 919 821 B multi-function switch for
automatic gearbox
F 8D-Y-200 001>>
10 pin

Check your vin for which one by the chassis number...

Carl

jrau13
01-30-2007, 08:43 AM
^^Where do I find this switch? I have had this problem for some time and my magnets are fine so I gave up looking.

dc2002
01-30-2007, 08:53 AM
http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/d/kdcj2002/misc/a4qtipswitch.jpg

Its the yellow #3 attached...

Exoduz
01-30-2007, 09:05 AM
i'm going to check the magnets and then i'll look into the fuses and whutnot....
thanks for the input so far....

Exoduz
01-31-2007, 04:23 PM
well, i took off the plastic and chrome but the chrome was attached to some plug, which was attached to a circuit underneath. i tried to look but i really couldn't see anything...anybody know how to get this plug off so i can get my tip back?

loustylez
01-31-2007, 04:28 PM
yah there's a small little tab/button you push in on the connector to disconnect it. i'm assuming you're talking about the one that connects to the circuit board that lights up the led's on your shift console. feel around and you should figure it out.

Capt. Obvious
01-31-2007, 04:32 PM
My Tip Won't Work
My girlfriend says the same thing. [:(]

loustylez
01-31-2007, 05:08 PM
My girlfriend says the same thing. [:(]

your name says it all.

and i'm speaking to the guy who couldn't figure out how to unplug a wire in context of his ^ name. [confused]http://www.planetdreamcast.com/dcvmuicons/images/WEEDLEAF.gif

MSMITTY
01-31-2007, 06:25 PM

2nd, always in TIP [drive]

jrau13
01-31-2007, 06:52 PM
http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/d/kdcj2002/misc/a4qtipswitch.jpg

Its the yellow #3 attached...

Ill have to look at this when I get a chance. Thnaks!

Quattro
01-31-2007, 08:13 PM
i couldnt find any info on AW bout the tip, anyone that that link?

my tip dont work, i want it =D

Capt. Obvious
02-01-2007, 11:48 AM
My friend Jackson lives in Boston currently, and I got his email from him this morning about it:

You don’t know how close we came to being completely obliterated. You know that they placed these “bomb-like devices” in Seattle too? I tell you the world has to be kept safe from clever marketing campaigns. I have a dream that my children can wait at a train station without having to be worried that the strange drawing hanging under the overpass is going to blow up. I have a dream that one day little cartoonists and police men can coexist without massive investigations or grand jury hearings.

They are officially charged with “placing a hoax device in a way that results in panic.” What fucking legislature came up with this crime? Boston city police shut down trains and highways based on this plastic box. How stupid do you have to be to think that a few lights poked through a piece of plastic with a few D batteries is a bomb? Whatever happened to the simplistic assumption that things are not a bomb? That seems like the way we should live our lives, assuming that everything is a bomb. I woke up this morning and my TV freaked me out, I thought it was a bomb. My phone rang and I dove behind the couch. I walked outside and saw these blinking lights in the sky, I thought it was an alien so I called the authorities. Apparently it was just a traffic-light, but you can never be too sure. I got a citizens award for bravery, that’s how paranoid this city is.

The threat of terrorists is ever present on the East coast. As I was explained to this morning, the East Coast is the buffer between the terrorists and the rest of the country. We on the west coast are able to sleep comfortably at night and not worry about mooninite invasions because the police on the Eastern half of the country are on their guard for threats to our freedom. Thank God for the people of Boston who spent $750,000 eliminating a threat from fictional aliens. Thank God I’m here to tell the tale.

Jackson

Quattro
02-01-2007, 09:34 PM
wtf? does that have to do with tip problem....no offense

d_maniac
02-18-2007, 10:08 PM
!!!! this problem happened to me today!!!!!!!!!!! i seem like a black clip is broken inside though.....

d_maniac
02-18-2007, 10:16 PM
how do you take the shift knob off....i cant get the chrome plate off without taking off the shifter.

zrowcool
02-19-2007, 09:33 AM
theres a chrome sleeve around the base of the shifter, push that down until it unclicks. then put the shifter in like 3rd or 2nd, pull the button out (opposite of what you would do to switch gears) and place something behind it so it doesnt go in. Then you just pull the f*ck out of it.

d_maniac
02-19-2007, 07:31 PM
my knob pulled of easy, but i didnt see anything wrong except a broken black clip but it looks to be a washer.

How can you tell if the magnet is not in place right???

how much is a Multifunction Switch???

ProOnThaSnow
02-20-2007, 08:42 AM
that many of you really drive in tip 24/7 huh? Wow, I rarely use it, basically only when fucking around with someone on the roadway, or running from the five-ohs... hmm, maybe I'll start using it more. I supposed when the engineered it they assumed some would use it all the time, so it can prob handle it as long as I'm not driving like a complete dickhead.