PDA

View Full Version : rally cross floor bar?

4ringAR
01-23-2007, 09:20 PM
would this do anything or would it just be a waste of $50?

it looks to be pretty thick metal, so it might be of some value like anti-roll bars?

this (http://www.k2motor.com/sbflb10cr.html)

Howard Hughes
01-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't know how it would effect your car... but would you really want that laying accross your back seat foot wells?

INTEGRATION
01-23-2007, 09:45 PM
I had something like this in my old Honda, it really did improve the stiffness of the chassis and also improved the sensitivity of the steering response as a result.

4ringAR
01-23-2007, 09:59 PM
I don't know how it would effect your car... but would you really want that laying accross your back seat foot wells?

well i dont really care. i currently have a blanket, ice scraper, sunshade, and airfreshener back there.
and it would add some intrest to the back seat area, i guess.

I had something like this in my old Honda, it really did improve the stiffness of the chassis and also improved the sensitivity of the steering response as a result.

well thats good to know that there was actually some result.

Nexus1155
01-23-2007, 10:06 PM
please don't get adjustable stuff, it's not good because there will be more flex. It will be more benefecial to grab some metal and a welder. It will give you some knowledge about fabrication and after that you would probably be able to build your own cage... but don't listen to me i'm dumb anyways

speedydragon
01-23-2007, 10:13 PM
there's already no room in the backseat of a4s...puting a metal bar there would make it worse!

ExpLlclT
01-23-2007, 10:41 PM
lol ! for a DD (daily driver) why ? unless you hate passengers like i do, but then if you want that get a half cage ...

SoFresh
01-23-2007, 10:45 PM
they dont take up that much room, rear passengers feet go on top of it, i had one in my old honda and wrx, they actually do make a little noticable added stiffness in the flex of the car when entering sharp corners... fyi