PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo, finally got a job interview!

Chard
01-22-2007, 09:41 AM
After sending my resume to a million companies, I finally got an interview in Hawaii for a Project Engineer position. I'm so excited!

If anyone's gonna be around, I'll be flying in on Thursday and staying till Monday. Might not have a car though...we'll see.

Quick question: what's proper attire for this interview? I figured a nice aloha shirt, khakis, and a pair of nice shoes...that good? I hate tucking in aloha shirts, but was advised to for an interview.

LAS
01-22-2007, 10:45 AM
awesome!

yes, a "nice" aloha shirt, not the swap meet kine...lol. macy's, hilo hatties and even sears get some nice ones. for interviews i'll definately tuck it in.

good luck.[up]

Chard
01-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Awesome, thanks for the advice! I'll make sure to tuck it in, haha.

AudiBoy808
01-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey congrats Chard, good luck man.

Chard
01-22-2007, 03:38 PM
thank you. I'm really looking forward to it.

HIstateS8
01-22-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd be safe and where a long sleeve dress shirt with a tie. Good Luck!

Chard
01-22-2007, 04:46 PM
are you serious? i don't want to be misinterpreted. maybe i should call the company and ask.

Chard
01-23-2007, 03:29 PM
just talked to a recruiter for the position...she said a nice aloha shirt and slacks would be perfect.

Thanks so much for the advice guys!

HIstateS8
01-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Awsome! Good Luck mang!

Jesse S.
01-25-2007, 06:57 PM
When are you coming?

easTTriver
01-25-2007, 10:03 PM
forget the long sleeve + tie unless you trying out for a law firm....

good aloha shirt, slacks, and dress shoes...

tuck in the aloha shirt.

Chard
01-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Went with the nice aloha shirt and slacks. Had 2 interviews today, both went very well. I am expecting to receive an offer from one for sure.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be here until Monday morning. It's a short trip because I didn't have enough vacation time from work. I might be coming back for good depending on this offer so I'll be able to catch up with everyone for sure.

[race]

Jesse S.
01-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Hope everything works out for ya. [up]

AudiBoy808
01-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Hey Chard, where you staying at? You should come cruise with us on Sunday. Should be fun. Let me know if you want to tag along.

Went with the nice aloha shirt and slacks. Had 2 interviews today, both went very well. I am expecting to receive an offer from one for sure.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be here until Monday morning. It's a short trip because I didn't have enough vacation time from work. I might be coming back for good depending on this offer so I'll be able to catch up with everyone for sure.

[race]

Chard
01-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Dang it, didn't see this till now. Sorry Kurt.

Bit of an update: I am pretty sure I am going to take the position. I am super excited and nervous at the same time. Anyone know of a cheap/nice place to stay with a secure garage? I'll probably need to stay in town. Also, I need to get into contact with some moving companies...anyone want to recommend one?

Thanks so much for the help guys. Can't wait to meet the rest of you and hang out.

AudiBoy808
01-31-2007, 09:23 PM
Sup Chard, that's great can't wait for you to get here. You can try Island movers they have a pretty good rep we use to use them at my old job.

Chard
01-31-2007, 11:51 PM
Okay, I'll give them a shot. I'm waiting to hear a response from M Dyer as well. Sounds like it is going to be expensive, but as long as it's safe and insured...

JennifersAudi
02-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Hey Richard!! I was just reading that you're moving to Hawaii? How are you? I hope all is well and the prospective job is a good one!! What are you doing with your A4? If I had known you'd be here so soon, I"d have held onto the S4 for YOU!! I miss it sooo much!!!!!! You talked to Brad recently? And where are you living?

Chard
02-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Hey Jenn!

Long time no talk. How are you? I'm going to be doing project engineering, working on Sand Island. I haven't told Brad that I'm moving yet...he seems to be super busy lately with his training. I was out there for my interview a few weeks ago, but I didn't get to see him.

I'm going to bring the A4 with me [:D] I'm trying to get everything settled with it before I leave. I installed my APR stage 3 kit so it's pretty fast now. I'm going to have to install a new clutch and flywheel soon...probably want to get that done before I ship it over. Too bad the S4 is gone...that car was freakin awesome!

I'm going to be staying in town near Ala Moana. Are you still in the area? We definitely have to hang out when I get there. I'm flying out there for good in March and start work first week of April.

JennifersAudi
02-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Richard,
I'm excited for you!! The job sounds good huh? Yeah, Brad has been busy with the academy, but he has some free time now. You should give him a ring-- he can catch you up.

Your car will be sick!!! I can't wait to finally see it! and how fast it must be. The police are really getting down on speeders.. so thats a bummer!!

I miss the S4. But, I totally love my car now. You haven't seen it at all huh? It's still a work in progress, but since the S4 is gone, I'm driving it more now.

I'm in town too. We will defiinitely get together when you get here. If you need any help getting settled in or moving, give me a holler. You should consider using Horizon to bring your car in . THey are awesome.

As for all the other logistics of moving, e.g. need me to check out a place for you or anything like that, don't hesitate oK?
Good hearing from you !!! I'll pass on the word to Brad oK?
J