PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Put Exhasut Video

Tiluleshpingen
01-21-2007, 01:38 PM
HEY GUYS, AM TRYING TO PUT A VIDEO FILE FOR YOU TO SEE [up] BUT I DONT KNOW HOW! I DONT HAVE DEGITAL CAM CORDER BUT I HAVE ONE OF THOSE WITH THE TAPE CARTRIGES!!![down]
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE ON THIS TYPE OF FIELD[:p] ?

dmaize
01-28-2007, 09:16 AM
yeah you need to import it on your computer that edit it and convert it to a mpg or avi file. then upload it to youtube or googlevideo and then use there code to post it here.

Tiluleshpingen
01-28-2007, 10:12 AM
thanx.. how do import it when i have cartriges?? lol

icenutter
01-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Does the camcorder have a Firefire lead?

Tiluleshpingen
01-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Does the camcorder have a Firefire lead? have no idea what that is sorry am noob on these things

SeanF
01-28-2007, 10:49 AM

firewire*

Kyle H
01-28-2007, 11:05 AM

Lol @ firefire. [:p]

Post up the make/model of the camera and we'll tell you if you can even import it to your computer.

Most likely if it says MiniDV on the camera, then it'll work. If it says Hi8, sometimes it'll work, sometimes it can't.

Tiluleshpingen
01-28-2007, 11:17 AM
nope, noo idea what that is

tamadrumr88
01-28-2007, 11:33 AM
if you want us to help you youre gonna need to put out a little effort... that being said, 99.9% of the time the model number is located somewhere on the camera.... often times it is on the bottom of the camera.... you tell us what the model number is, we'll do the research and tell you what you need to do next....

theres a good chance your camera has an audio/video out connetion... its an 1/8" plug that turns into either two (mono audio: white, and video: yellow) or three (stereo audio: red and white, video: yellow).... we cant tell you if you have the components necessary to hook it up to your computer.... if you have a good video card it might have an audio/video input on it, the inputs may be on the front of the computer, etc etc. you may or may not have the software necessary to "capture" or import the audio/video from the camera, if you dont have these, or firewire, you're going to need to buy some kind of a video capture box (cheap one for example is "dazzle"... research it online)... i have an older sony video camera (Dig8) that still recorded on film but it has a "firewire" input/output meaning i have a direct connection to my computer that i can "play" the video on my camera and simultaneously record it onto the computer, i can also send video from my computer and have my camera record it onto the film cassette thats in it

you might also try finding a friend who has a dig camera thats also capable of recording short videos... either through the usb cable, or inserting the memory stick in a computer, this is probably the fastest and cheapest way of getting your video to a computer

ive done alot of video editting so if you have any questions feel free to ask them. but like i said earlier we cant hold you hand throughout the whole process, youll need to do some leg work so we can better help you

icenutter
01-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Aye, Firewire. Doesn't help to make a typo on that sort of thing [=(]