PDA

View Full Version : new paint help

maxspeed
01-19-2007, 12:20 PM
ok so i just got my car back from the body shop today after getting the entire car painted cause some ****** keyed every single panel on my car. it looks great, except they put the a4 and 1.8t/quattro badges back on the car lol...

heres my problem, im going back up to school tommorow where the average temperature is going to be around -3 deg during the day for the next 2 or so months.
i dont have a garage, and obviously cant wax it cause it will take the new paint off... what can i do to keep my new paint looking new?

MultiAudis
01-19-2007, 12:50 PM
ugh... That is not a good situation... should have waited to have it painted after winter, but hindsight is always 20/20. All I can think is to gently wash it frequently, but not sure that will work. You should ask the adams polish advertiser here on AZ, Phil I believe, he will probably have some good insight

Poopie
01-19-2007, 12:59 PM
your just gonna have to gently wash it when it gets bad and detail the car in the spring. Not much you can do.

maxspeed
01-19-2007, 01:35 PM
[:(]

1 ate T
01-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Take it back to the shop and have them take the badges off [up]

sucks for your perdicament man.. hope it works out

AudiTLC
01-23-2007, 08:58 AM
For new,uncured paint, use 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. it is specifically made for fresh paint and adds proper protection.
..and don't pull badges off for at least a month!

maxspeed
01-23-2007, 09:41 AM
yea, im gonna leave the badges on till summer, right now its -1 deg out (its currently one in the afternoon) and my car is covered in salt. i want to cry.