PDA

View Full Version : my cat just went

bigmook078
01-17-2007, 04:27 AM
my cat just went, i would liek to up grade it as well as the exhaust, any suggestions of what cat to get? where to get it and a price?

2001 a4, 1.8, chipped.

AudiRacerS4
01-17-2007, 04:33 AM
get a testpipe instead of a cat

1 ate T
01-17-2007, 04:48 AM
http://www.labreemotorsports.com/products_vw.html

Get the Labree HFC. It's $250

bigmook078
01-17-2007, 05:06 AM
what exactly is a test pipe, it wont pass any inspection, correct?

i was thinking of getting a high flow cat, with a new exhaust, borla or something, not exactly sure... i am uo in moris county, near rockaway mall...

1 ate T
01-17-2007, 05:10 AM
I have a test pipe. It is a pipe that bypasses the cat. So essentially, if you have an aftermarket exhaust, it would make it a turboback, instead of catback.

Downside the the test pipe is it's pretty stinky. You can get an "anti fouler" mod that a member on here makes, that will make it so you have no CEL, and can pass inspection.

Test pipe is definitely cheaper, but I think the HFC would have been worth it now.

SurferForever
01-17-2007, 05:56 AM
you said you wanna do the full system? I would suggest either the Borla or Milltek systems. As far as the cat, it may cost a little more but i would go for a nice hfc instead of a testpipe if you dont want to worry about loudness and inspection . . . Borla may be a little louder then the milltek

xpl0sive
01-17-2007, 10:44 AM
I have a test pipe. It is a pipe that bypasses the cat. So essentially, if you have an aftermarket exhaust, it would make it a turboback, instead of catback.

Downside the the test pipe is it's pretty stinky. You can get an "anti fouler" mod that a member on here makes, that will make it so you have no CEL, and can pass inspection.

Test pipe is definitely cheaper, but I think the HFC would have been worth it now.

How would this anti fouler mod make the car pass inspection? Not only do they check 98+ cars for CEL's but they also test the exhaust gases, and if u dont have a CAT, then u sure as hell aint gonna pass....

1 ate T
01-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Why don't you ask the people the post up saying they passed inspection with a test pipe? lol

xpl0sive
01-17-2007, 10:52 AM
hmm well then i guess it really depends where u are... different lower standard laws are good for this kinda stuff... wehre i am, they are all fucked in the head about the environment and theres no way to pass with a test pipe... btw do u have the link to the anti fouler write up... i searched on here and couldnt seem to find it

1 ate T
01-17-2007, 11:25 AM
I forget the guys username... I'm sure someone will chime in with it.

I know what you mean about the inspections, it's just what I've heard about people passing them. We don't have inspections in Ohio.

LateraLex
01-17-2007, 12:18 PM
hmm well then i guess it really depends where u are... different lower standard laws are good for this kinda stuff... wehre i am, they are all fucked in the head about the environment and theres no way to pass with a test pipe... btw do u have the link to the anti fouler write up... i searched on here and couldnt seem to find it

Look what "anti fouler" turned up... [rolleyes]
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107381&highlight=anti+fouler

Mr.Black
01-18-2007, 04:34 PM
i believe the dealer will replace them FREE if you have less than 80k miles

SurferForever
01-18-2007, 04:59 PM
i believe the dealer will replace them FREE if you have less than 80k miles

WHO MR. BLACK IS HERE ! ! ! yeah bro

does it matter what year your car is or as long as its under 80k?