PDA

View Full Version : B5 RS4 fitment

AnthraciteA4
01-16-2007, 08:53 PM
I am in the process of revamping my 99.5 B5 2.8. I have lots of performance goodies on order, but I am still lacking when it comes to interior accessories. Right now, what I need to know is whether the B5 RS4 steering wheel will fit my A4. I have sourced a new OEM punched leather steering wheel, but I don't really want to buy it unless I KNOW it will fit. I appreciate the info.

xpl0sive
01-16-2007, 09:25 PM
quick question... why are u putting all this money into a 2.8 TIP...

4ringAR
01-16-2007, 09:37 PM
probably because he loves his car.

Mawhitey
01-16-2007, 11:50 PM
If its from the same age car then yes it will, pre 98 were different splines iirc

docurley
01-17-2007, 04:51 AM
Plus you would need airbag as your's will not fit.

mike-2ptzero
01-17-2007, 08:26 AM

You might want to ask that question to show car owners since 99% of the Audis tend to be TIP's.

AUD-A4
01-17-2007, 10:36 AM

ok, i own a 2.8l TIP and love my car,doesnt matter what you drive, dont go asking them stupid questions like that. lets see he's obviously putting money into it because he wants to personalize it to his likes. and also since when has making a car better a bad thing??? this 2.8l bashing needs to stop fellas, yea when it comes to performance on the 2.8l, i agree, there are not many aftermarket performance parts out there for it and thats where the creativity of the owner comes in. but the car performs very well for what it is,and i would not just want to give up on the car b/c i no what it can and cant do!!!! so imo,lets stop telling people not to do this and that to their car and be helpful if we can, just my 2cents

xpl0sive
01-17-2007, 10:41 AM
what caught my attention was that he said he had a lot of performance goodies on order which made me wonder what i could be... i mean if he's getting a S/C thats one thing, thats gonna make his car faster than a lot of 1.8T's out there, but really what else is there... unless he's got custom turbo set-up coming theres not much i can think of performance wise... and it was only a question, not bashing his car...

AUD-A4
01-17-2007, 10:46 AM
i didnt mean to put you on the spot,but i've just notcied a lot of bashing here on the 2.8l's,not saying u personally were bashing. but you are right there isn't much for the 2.8l wich sucks but like i said you get creative,there's a few guys who attempted the turbo setups and succeeded. but in my case i dont have that kind of money, so thats why i bought an exhaust,chip,intake,getting my pulleys soon,ect. there are also things that don't have to deal w/ performance but helps the car out like motor mounts,i can keep goin but it's all on the owners taste and style.

AnthraciteA4
01-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Well as far as performance goes, I am in contact with Eurosport spec. They are working on using the 3.0 crankshaft, and thus stroking the 2.8 along with their own custom rods and JE Pistons. If you want to couple that with the PES supercharger and a smaller pulley then you've got a really good start. Then throw in an ACTUAL cold air intake, headers, high flow cats, and cat back exhaust. After that you add in some meth/water injection. Add in some suspension mods, some mods to take the slop out of the driveline and a LSD. That is borderline supercar level... granted its costly but the B5 is a gorgeous platform.

Tiluleshpingen
01-19-2007, 01:01 AM
i think he was trying to say why is he putting so much money on a tip tronic car.. i personalike the 2.8 alot cuz you can put a S/C on its nice and you can also doa custom turbo setup..the only thing that bothers me is that its Tiptronic :(

goody6691
01-19-2007, 07:13 AM
You might want to ask that question to show car owners since 99% of the Audis tend to be TIP's.

watch it, my car is a "show car" too. ...........................and i beat the hell out of it.

AnthraciteA4
01-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Okay, so your problem with the tiptronic is what? Does it shift too quickly with the AWE Tipchip? I can understand how something that shifts like a sport bike could bother someone. Or maybe its the driveline slop that there is a brace to correct? Or perhaps its because you can't gear drop it, which of course Audi puts enough slack in the first gear of all of their non S line transmissions that launching hard is not only stupid to try, but its BAD FOR THE CAR. I will take my hassle free shifting tiptronic over a 5 speed manual any day of the week. If I could swap a 6spd manual it would be a entirely different story. I am not trying to start a fight, but being that I HAVE a tiptronic, thats what I am going to mod, its not worth buying another car to have it repainted the color I want only to have a transmission that requires more from me when sometimes I just want to sit down and go. Thanks again for the info, I found a RS4 steering wheel of the appropriate age with the airbag and cover included I just needed to be sure it would fit.

mike-2ptzero
01-19-2007, 02:53 PM
watch it, my car is a "show car" too. ...........................and i beat the hell out of it.

What am I watching? Even I beat the hell out of my car every weekend at the track while it was a "show" car. All I said is that most of the A4's that are show cars tend to be tips.

Tiluleshpingen
01-20-2007, 06:09 PM
not saying anything to enoy you just you should try a modded 2.8 manual

AnthraciteA4
01-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Having driven both the tiptronic and manual, when I found a car in Anthracite gray and with the tiptronic, I opted for the rare color rather than the transmission because I couldn't notice much of a difference in acceleration other than I could shift quicker with the manual, but with a tipchip from awe, I don't think I can beat a 0.2 second delay even with the best short shifter out there. But this is just a discussion, there is no need for anyone to be annoyed.