PDA

View Full Version : EFK Questions

SeanF
01-16-2007, 10:02 AM
i know onemoremile has the SPP fan kit... im working on getting one with a group buy.

How does the fan operate? relay/temp sensor?

Seat of pants difference? or no?
Im not too worried about the power difference, but my fan clutch causes an annoying rattle (like shaking a marble in a coffee can), and i want to replace it anyways, and with the price of the group buy, it is not much more than a new viscous clutch would be new... this is already the 2nd viscous clutch that has been on the car... so i figure replace it with an upgrade...

What are your inputs on the kit Onemoremile?

bitterchild
01-16-2007, 10:05 AM
in hindsight I would have just bought the fan itself since the "kit" is just 3 screws and 3 pieces of metal. That and the fan itself is like 1/2 the price.

SeanF
01-16-2007, 10:10 AM
it doesnt come with any kind of wiring relay or temp switch?

even at the group buy price?

Got a part number on the fan [:p]?

SeanF
01-16-2007, 10:22 AM
well, if you go without the kit, the fan is around 100 bucks depending on shipping and other stuff, and you're going to need a shorter belt as well...

Im still going to plan on the kit, since it includes everything needed... i think at the GB price, its worth it, but likely not at the usual price.

b00st
01-16-2007, 10:23 AM
there is no power gain...it prevents some power loss. when the fan kicks on to cool the car...you get to not rob the car of power....its negligible either way really.

no temp switch...everyone has to get that separate.

i did notice however that i gain 2MPG. and that the engine revved easier. my oil temps where higher though...my fan was found faulty. had evoms send me a new kit out. but i never went back to put it in. i think the stock fan clutch cools better anyway than the SPAL....i dunno....its neither here nor there.

bitterchild
01-16-2007, 10:29 AM
most people go to a shorter belt anyways instead of the counterweight that spp uses

mike-2ptzero
01-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Some people feel a gain while others have said they felt the car was slower because there was less load on the motor.