PDA

View Full Version : Nogaro Monster RS4

OrangeA4
01-14-2007, 09:08 PM
http://hels.com/AutoIMAGES/DSCN0332.jpg

I rode in this car. Insane.
I sat on these pics for a couple years. It's not my ride so I felt like I shouldn't be posting it, but I have to share what is one of my most favorite avants ever.
S4 to RS4 conversion, (inside and out) roof rail delete. Pretty much everything it needs to be and more. Really frightening fast. Jaw dropping. The end.

Maybe some bay area peeps have spied it.

It is so deserving of this-->[hail]

sean1.8t
01-14-2007, 09:14 PM
[eek] that is a dope looking automobile right there. do you know the main mods? i mean i know it is stg 3 and all but what tweaks does she have to be "lightning fast"? oh and plain ko4's?

ceas
01-14-2007, 09:25 PM
yea... thats what I am thinking. I have a friend with twin k04's and its quick, but it doesn't compare to the supras and turbo mustangs i've been in.

OrangeA4
01-14-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm looking everywhwere for the other pics.........[headbang]

Anyway, I mean it's a full RS4 conversion.... like actual R$4 parts mated to the S4 powerplant (im not talking about the bodywork) it's all done, everything, bored out, sorted, and all that that entails to make it as close as possible to RS4 specs. Turbos, fuel delivery, ECU, I just cant even imagine the level of work.
This was 2 years ago. Who knows what has been done to it by know.

I know other cars could even be faster, but the attention to detail on this car was unbelieveable. It's the kind of car that would make me almost quit my job and just drive it around all day.

sean1.8t
01-14-2007, 09:32 PM
[headbang]

ok, let me rephrase my post. i know what the car is and all RS4 conversion. except for this "bored" out thing you said[confused].. but, i was wondering if there were any additional tweaks to the motor/fueling that you knew about? or if it is running plain KO4(RS4) turbos? or if they are hybrids (RS6/RS4 KO4 turbo's) maybe.

and full RS4 turbo's/fueling/intercoolers isn't a new or uncommon thing. that's what a Stage 3 S4 is. RS4 power in an S4 body

allshowA4
01-14-2007, 09:41 PM
so clean...props to whoevers car that is

b00st
01-14-2007, 09:43 PM
wasn't this posted up on AW a while back. and the whole deal of him going through it. i think thats where i saw that car from...someone on AW.

docurley
01-15-2007, 05:52 AM
Nice but I don't the RS6 rims on it, looks a little wrong.

1 ate T
01-15-2007, 05:58 AM
I agree. Would look SO nice with the RS4's

onemoremile
01-15-2007, 11:41 AM
It would look great with a set of B7 RS4 wheels.

All you need to turn a S4 engine into an RS4 engine is a stage 3 kit and a set of 2.8 heads. Maybe a set of cams too.

Wagons need roof rails.

4ringAR
01-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Wagons need roof rails.

agreed. i was looking at it and knew something about it was wrong, and then i realized it was the lack of roof rails.

other than that, sick looking car. and probably fast as hell.

mike-2ptzero
01-15-2007, 01:44 PM
I guess the only thing it is missing to make it a real RS4 is a RS4 vin. Just sucks that the owner will never get RS4 money for it or get the money back that he sunk into making it look like an RS4. Other then that it looks pretty nice, I wonder how it would run against my little A4.[;)]

onemoremile
01-15-2007, 01:49 PM
It would embarrass you from 2000-4000 rpm at which point you would obviously return the favor. Top Gear did a pull from low rpms with an Evo FQ400 against a pitiful little turbo diesel wagon. Even on their long runway the Evo had no chance of catching up. It was a great way to illustrate boost threshold. Of course, if the Evo downshifted it would have walked away but that wasn't the point of the test.

sean1.8t
01-15-2007, 05:50 PM
^ i remeber that test. they did dumb little things like turning radius and such to try and make it look bad after it kept up and ultimately surpassed a Murcielago. i didn't even care if it couldn't turn around, it's like 5 mpg, or how slow it is in a 5th gear start

that Evo is fast and looks like a blast

mike-2ptzero
01-16-2007, 08:17 AM
It would embarrass you from 2000-4000 rpm at which point you would obviously return the favor. Top Gear did a pull from low rpms with an Evo FQ400 against a pitiful little turbo diesel wagon. Even on their long runway the Evo had no chance of catching up. It was a great way to illustrate boost threshold. Of course, if the Evo downshifted it would have walked away but that wasn't the point of the test.

Well at 2000-4000 I sure hope it would since even a chipped A4 could do the same to me, but the point of racing is to use your power band not below it. During racing I am never under 4500 rpm and that is only 2nd gear, after that I am never below 5k.

OrangeA4
01-16-2007, 09:39 AM
so I did some more research on this, and I guess this car was sold , or at least he tried to sell it and now drives a Lotus. You guys are probably right it was likely a stage 3 S4 I stand corrected. I think it was maybe a mix of parts then. The cosmetics are all RS4. including a full interior with Blue alcantara seats. He told me it was a complete conversion, internals too.
Seems like the engine bits were a bit vague depending on what post is quoted. There are a bunch of posts about this car on AW. Some think It's a full RS4 conversion from factory parts, some say a stage 3 S4 which I tend to believe is more realistic. Anyone know who bought it? 37k???

So since the car is probably sold, and there are already a bunch of posts about the dude, I guess I'll not worry about posting that it belonged to a salesman @ Negerbon Porsche Audi in Oakland.
He is a good guy, he helped hook me up with my RS4 front bumper. It was sitting @ the dealership so I drove up there to pick it up from him used. That's when I got to ride in this thing.
I was afraid. I went really fast and then it made this cat piss coolant smell. It made me [:D]

Tiluleshpingen
06-15-2007, 12:33 AM
yea... thats what I am thinking. I have a friend with twin k04's and its quick, but it doesn't compare to the supras and turbo mustangs i've been in.

i guess u never saw a real or full Stg III!!!!!!!

97audia4
06-15-2007, 12:43 AM
i have been in a full stage 3, i have also been in 1100hp supra, you must not have bc they are two different worlds

Tiluleshpingen
06-15-2007, 12:46 AM
i have been in a full stage 3, i have also been in 1100hp supra, you must not have bc they are two different worlds
stgIII still reatains stock form(DD), highly doubt that 1k hp supra does that !!

Tiluleshpingen
06-15-2007, 12:48 AM
plus, stgIII is not the end of the S4.....

TheBlueMartin
06-15-2007, 01:10 AM
stgIII still reatains stock form(DD), highly doubt that 1k hp supra does that !!

Stock 1JZ bottom ends are good for 1k hp (for a while) with a Supra. The only problem is they never hook up. 600hp is usually just as fast as 1k in the 1/4, just doesnt have as much wheel spin.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
06-15-2007, 06:43 AM
I like the roof rails it completes the car and does look so stationwagonny...

mike-2ptzero
06-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Stock 1JZ bottom ends are good for 1k hp (for a while) with a Supra. The only problem is they never hook up. 600hp is usually just as fast as 1k in the 1/4, just doesnt have as much wheel spin.

Also because to produce 1000 hp in the supra you need a huge turbo which is going to have major lag, they then need to use anti-lag to get off the line quick and that still takes some time to build up full boost.

tamadrumr88
06-15-2007, 07:39 AM
mmmm anti-lag http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXfUbFR-x7g

e.van
06-15-2007, 08:21 AM
And Supras need 1100 hp to be fast. End of story for an 80 bagillion tonne car. Lol.

onemoremile
06-16-2007, 10:51 AM
I'd bet the Supra and RS4 clone above weight about the same. A 380 or 440 hp stage 3 is really fast for those not used to that sort of thing. A full stage 3 with manifolds and the works is a hell of a ride.

97audia4
06-16-2007, 11:09 AM
when i said 2 different worlds i mean it, stage 3 spooled almost immediatly, the supra would mash it then it was wait wait all of a sudden 32 psi of boost hits

xpl0sive
06-16-2007, 05:02 PM
thats what twin turbo is made for.... use a smaller turbo for the low RPM range and the bigger one for the top end... it doesnt eliminate lag, but it sure as hell makes it a lot less...

sean1.8t
06-16-2007, 09:03 PM
thats what twin turbo is made for.... use a smaller turbo for the low RPM range and the bigger one for the top end... it doesnt eliminate lag, but it sure as hell makes it a lot less...

no, that's what sequential twin turbo charging is for [;)]

mike-2ptzero
06-16-2007, 09:52 PM

And becomes HUGE cork since 1 turbo is out of steam but still has exhaust trying to flow thru it. This is why most of the quick supra's run 1 huge turbo or 2 of the same size. Even guys with the stock turbo setup mod it so that both are used at the same time thru the whole power band.

onemoremile
06-16-2007, 10:00 PM
A sequential setup could be made to work properly but it would require big wastegates and careful tuning. One larger turbo is simpler, more reliable, and usually much easier.