PDA

View Full Version : messed up bumper lastnight.. :(

tha5150
01-13-2007, 03:28 PM
ya ya, i know i know, its only a stock B5 bumper, but its all i got right now. soon i wil be getting a. RS4 bumper or somthing like that. but now its sooner.

so lastnight i pulled into a parking slot, unaware that the parking block was moved about 2 feet forward and not even with all the others.. so i pulled up and SMACK>CREEK>RREERRRKKKKKCHCHHHHH..... right side of front bumper was smashed in, bent it all to hell.. i couldnt do anything other than back up slowly and see what happened... it pulled it back out but was a bit mangled.. all my wiper fluid was gushing out. i thought it was my radiator or somthing, i had no clue, then i smelled it and was only water thank god.. anyways, i got it all back into place except the little pop up jet washer cap wont go on. all the pieces in there was moved around so i cant get it on..

i am just thinking of glueing it back on or something, just to have it look ok.. but i will be looking to get an RS4 bumper soon or some type of differant bumper that the stock thats on there.. i will then paint my lowers and have rims and springs aswell.

i have been looking on ebay for RS4 bumpers and found them for around 250 with 90 bucks for shipping.. im not too sure about these prices though.. i would like to see what else is out there before jumping into that.. possibly seeing if someone on here would already have a white one for me or somthing...

so here is a pic of the end result. got it together the best i could.
anyone have an extra bumper????

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/tha5150/3.jpg

AudiSport12
01-13-2007, 03:31 PM
that sucks. you gotta watch out those parking blocks will jump out if front of you

tha5150
01-13-2007, 03:33 PM
another funny thing to add here is that it has been in the shop for 2 weeks for an electrical issue.. i didnt even have it for 4 hours when this happened lastnight.. sucks even more...

prices on painted bumbers????

maxspeed
01-13-2007, 05:04 PM
you should be able to scoop a used s4 bumper for like 350

tha5150
01-14-2007, 10:36 AM

painted? where?

Euro
01-14-2007, 04:09 PM

Sure ... but they are hard to find. When you find one, don't wait around or it'll be goine before you know it.

good luck with what ever you buy