PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas! advice please!

HellasA4
01-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Ok, so I have a 2.8 30 valve. I also have an intake, and exhaust system, and a set of 30lb. injectors on hand. Now I would like to know if there is any solo fuel management system that I can install with these injectors to get a little more hp. I know they are pretty high, but I figure if I can lower the duty cycle to match the air intake of the engine, I could also possibly improve fuel economy. If this is possible, then would I need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, larger MAF, or any other part that would help in this process.??????? I am trying to get the most out of this engine keeping it naturally aspirated.

(I also do not want to result in purchasing a tuning chip, I want to see how much I can do with the parts I already have, and maybe a fuel management component if is needed).

iin10ded
01-12-2007, 11:22 AM
it's possible i suppose, but why reinvent the wheel when you can just do the tried and tested bits to improve mileage and economy? typically the injectors have a bit of headroom to make more power than stock. intake, exhaust and chip i would think would work nicely.

or you can try the lemmiwinks software, lets you hack the ecu to reset fuel trims, etc.

HellasA4
01-12-2007, 12:01 PM
well i was thinking that buying some software would be less than a chip... i dunno.. its a mix of that and a little experimenting. lol. I will take a look at that software. thank you. anyone else with anymore ideas such as different software are welcomed!