PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Dual Turbo Timer - anyone installed one?

Slapshotnerd
01-12-2007, 07:45 AM
i picked one up off of a friend who sold his CRX for a good price (read a 6-pack of beers and future handjobs).

Unfortunately, he didn't have the information that came with it originally (manual / box / etc). So i'm trying to figure out what everything on the wiring harness is for...

anyone actually done this?

I'm excited to get it in and get the boost gauge hooked up [wrench]

94jedi
01-12-2007, 08:02 AM
go to the website and see if you can download the manual.

Slapshotnerd
01-12-2007, 08:46 AM
already tried. This one is 2 or 3 generations old, so it's not even listed.

I also fired off an email to Blitz USA. but i'd imagine they get several hundred a day (plus they haven't opened for the day yet). So I'm just trying several different resources.

Slapshotnerd
01-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Holy crap, Blitz USA rocks!! I got this response:

Dear Sir,

Please provide us with a fax number and we will able to send you the instruction. But here is the wiring colors for now, red = 12v constant, black = ground, green = ignition, blue = accessory, purple = ground OR hand brake. Good luck on your install.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Staff
Blitz Performance Sales, Inc.

took em less than an hour to get back to me!

w00t!

dsswain
01-12-2007, 11:02 AM
I have it on my car. The one thing that is weird is overcoming the centeral locking. Alot of the instructions have you look for the wire coming out of Fuse 6 (on S4, I think it's the same for you), and tap it behind the fuse panel. I looked forever and couldn't decide with enough certainty which one it was so I made up my own solution which think is far superior and give you a margin of error. If you screw up all you have to do is use a new fuse.

See my post in this thread below that has the pics, it has to be the easiest way of defeating the locking system, and it makes me feel smart that I thought of it and it isn't in any instrucitons anywhere : )

http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57807

Slapshotnerd
01-12-2007, 11:43 AM
hm. interesting. I may try that if i need to...

i have a few write-ups to reference, and I found a local VW / Audi tech who's going to work for beer :D so I think i'll get it handled.

thanks y'all :)