PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Central locking pump went out, Locked Gas Tank Lid

AAQSC
01-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Fuck. My central locking pump went out on Sunday and I havent had to put gas in the car until tonight. I quickly realized that it is locked and will not open. I tried unlocking all of the doors manually, unlocking the car using the remote, and everything I could think of and I cannot get it open.

Is there an emergency release for it somewhere?! I cannot find anything on here, audiworld, or the vortext about it. Please help!

AAQSC
01-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Ok I found an emergency release on the right hand compartment in the trunk. There is a little red ring that you can pull towards you and it releases it.

SeanF
01-12-2007, 05:31 AM
stuff like this is listed in the Owner's Manual

AAQSC
01-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Kind of hard when you dont have one.

Don Supreme
01-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Good job posting this information. Now others can research this in the future.

AnthraciteA4
10-14-2007, 12:33 PM
If you don't have an owners manual, or a little red ring to pull, if you remove the trunk liner from the passenger side of the car, you will see a white button with a tab on each side of it. Reach your hand around the sheet metal and support the assembly and then press the white button until you feel it release. Once its free pull it toward the back of the car and away from the original location. Now the gas door is free to open and won't lock again until you put the actuator back in the original location.