PDA

View Full Version : k i have been to hawaii alot

Fobia
01-10-2007, 07:09 PM
why does it seem like you guys hate the main land..

i remember once i was surfing in waikiki and some dude threaten to drown me and called me a mainlander.. which alot of people tend to call.. other people from the "mainland"

now if i lived there i probly would not surf where all the "mainlanders" surf..

no hating on "you guys" sorry i have ot use that term lol.. but waht is up with that.. you guys always seem to come off as if you have it harder and are more stuck up.. sure it is really hard to find a job there and property is expensive.. im sorry shiz!![headbang]

808a41.8t
01-10-2007, 09:01 PM
for the most part, everyone is really laid back and chill here. but then again there are the bad apples that ruin it for everyone. I'm surethat this can be said about anywhere you go. sorry you had to experience such bad hospitality...

HIstateS8
01-10-2007, 09:13 PM
That's a complicated question to answer. Though, a lot of us aren't like that. You have to see it in their POV. Some people that come here from the mainland really don't know how to be respectful of our way of life, here in Hawaii. Some of them come here and think that they can do things as if they were on the mainland. If you ever stay in Waikiki, you'll see a good prime example of what I mean. This situation can date all the way back to when Captain Cooke came abroad to our shores. So it's just another case of the bad apple spoiling the bunch. Which, I think is sad. Why can't we all just get along?

Fobia
01-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Some of them come here and think that they can do things as if they were on the mainland. If you ever stay in Waikiki, you'll see a good prime example of what I mean.
what do you mean?

HIstateS8
01-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Meaning, some tourists when staying in Waikiki wanna act belligerent in public, some go sight seeing and leave their litter behind, especially on the beaches..etc, etc. I hope you don't get the wrong idea, but here in Hawaii we are very laid back and don't like it when other people come here and disrupt our way of life. I'm sure it's the same in Minnesota, right? Sad that's why I said it's a case of one bad apple spoiling the bunch. I know for myself, not all visitors that come here are bad, but it's the bad ones that make it shitty for people like yourself. If you wanna come visit again you should hit us up here. We can prolly get together and kick it.

salz2135
01-30-2007, 05:33 PM
it's not just about bad apples leaving their trash around and others being upset about that fact. a lot of the disdain towards haoles has racist undertones.

HIstateS8
01-31-2007, 01:36 AM
^^Sure but name a place that isn't like that?? No matter where you go there is some type of racism going around. It's just apart of life and we all have to live with it....when it comes down to it, don't let it get the best of you. It's just words.

AudiA4T
01-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Fobia
why does it seem like you guys hate the main land..

i remember once i was surfing in waikiki and some dude threaten to drown me and called me a mainlander.. which alot of people tend to call.. other people from the "mainland"

now if i lived there i probly would not surf where all the "mainlanders" surf..

no hating on "you guys" sorry i have ot use that term lol.. but waht is up with that.. you guys always seem to come off as if you have it harder and are more stuck up.. sure it is really hard to find a job there and property is expensive.. im sorry shiz!!

If you were to take out the word "mainlander" that stuff happens to everyone (people that don't know how to surf/bodyboard/bodysurf etc). It's not only you because i for one can say that this shiet happened to me too. It may have been possible that you were in his way when he caught a wave or something. When i was tryin to learn how to surf/bodyboard, this happened to me constantly until i could atleast catch a couple of waves. i would just say, don't take that stuff to heart and just have fun. f*ck em and don't even worry about it.

It's not that we/ hawaii in general are stuck up, i would say that in certain areas, people are like that. I have my own opinion about some stupid f*cks around this island but i have to say that you were probably in the wrong place, wrong time kinda deal. like brandon said, the people on audizine are really cool ass people so please, don't make that judgement to hawaii as a whole. don't judge people before you get to know them. hang with them, chill with them, talk to them and then you can make your judgement about them. all in all, the people here on audizine are genuine people... i know some of them and they are good people.