PDA

View Full Version : Do I have HIDs?

shaahid
01-10-2007, 04:01 PM
I didn't think I had HIDs until some people started saying Audis came with them stock. I have 01 Audi a4. The lights are definitely yellow so I'm assuming they're not. What's the easiest way to check?

ice cream man
01-10-2007, 04:04 PM
are they the same color as any bmw's headlights??

speedydragon
01-10-2007, 04:13 PM
have a buddy turn on your lights while you look at them in the front of the car. if they're HID's they should kinda turn on slowly, and get brighter as the headlight/bulb/whatever warms up.

AudiSport12
01-10-2007, 04:17 PM
its kind of sad if you dont know if you have HIDs or not.
just look at the back of the headlight housing and if you see a yellow lightning bolt in a triangle, youve got them.

a4cefed
01-10-2007, 04:23 PM
now this is funny

SoFresh
01-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Just look at the bulb through the front of your car.... HID bulbs DO NOT look like standard H7 bulbs.... this thread should be closed.... wow

AudiSport12
01-10-2007, 04:30 PM
^^ you cant really see the bulbs in the projectors

shaahid
01-10-2007, 04:50 PM
now this is funny

Fuck you...

Just look at the bulb through the front of your car.... HID bulbs DO NOT look like standard H7 bulbs.... this thread should be closed.... wow

...and fuck you

I don't know much about cars, but I'm trying to learn. Thanks to everyone else that helped.

LateraLex
01-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Some S4's come with them, not A4's. Xenons look like a white beam of light... you would definitely know if you had them.

SoFresh
01-10-2007, 04:53 PM
^^ you cant really see the bulbs in the projectors

oh hahaha, oops, wanst thinking there, I had this image in my head, but that was my old car, lol, there were no projectors... on the audi, yeah you cant see thorugh the front, so pull out our bulb, and if its all long and skinny... you got an HID bulb. sorry for the other remark.... wasnt fully awake, lol

AudiSport12
01-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Fuck you...

...and fuck you

^ that will get you far

SoFresh
01-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Fuck you...

...and fuck you

I don't know much about cars, but I'm trying to learn. Thanks to everyone else that helped.

hey... youre the one who asked the stupid question you tool..... wish I had 4 hands, to give you 4 thumbs down... [down] [down] [down] [down] wow, this newbie isnt gonna last too long on here.... [:p]

as for not knowing much about cars.... we already know that by the reading this thread.... but youre not gonna learn to much when you tell people to f-off... just my 2 cents... just a suggestion, next time search... for someting this easy, you could search google for a pic of a normal bulb, and then another search for a HID bulb... then simply look at your bulbs (dont touch them however, because they can explode if you tough an HID bulb and then install it and turn it on...) haha, im still helping you even after you told me to f-off... i know youre type... and i already know by your name on here and how you respond to people, you wont get very far in life, so i thought id help with this one.

sean1.8t
01-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Fuck you...

...and fuck you

you need to take it easy guy. if you come on here and within one week ask one of the most n00b questions i have seen in weeks then you're going to get flamed.. simple as that..

just be glad that some people helped you

shaahid
01-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Some S4's come with them, not A4's. Xenons look like a white beam of light... you would definitely know if you had them.

Yeah they don't look white, which is why I don't think they are HIDs, but I just want to make sure because some people say I have them because all Audis come with them stock (they haven't seen it in person)

shaahid
01-10-2007, 05:00 PM
you need to take it easy guy. if you come on here and within one week ask one of the most n00b questions i have seen in weeks then you're going to get flamed.. simple as that..

just be glad that some people helped you

Which is why I thanked those people, not the assholes. How am I ever suppose to learn if I don't ask?

SoFresh
01-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Some people such as yourself also say that ALL audis are quatro... but they're not...

if they look weak, they arent HIDs buddy, hey... at least you know that your vehicle is an audi (probably by the plaque)... maybe they should put an HID plaque on the headlight housings... just a thought...

shaahid
01-10-2007, 05:03 PM
and i already know by your name on here and how you respond to people, you wont get very far in life, so i thought id help with this one.

By my name? WTF is that suppose to mean? I only respond to people like you like that.

SoFresh
01-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Which is why I thanked those people, not the assholes. How am I ever suppose to learn if I don't ask?

you wanna learn... use the SEARCH section, youll find that over time that button will be your best friend on here, its there for a reason.

shaahid
01-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Some people such as yourself also say that ALL audis are quatro... but they're not...

I never said that all Audi's have HIDs. I said some people told me that.

shaahid
01-10-2007, 05:05 PM
you wanna learn... use the SEARCH section, youll find that over time that button will be your best friend on here, its there for a reason.

Yea, I've been doing that since I joined. Just couldn't find a definite answer on this.

SeanF
01-10-2007, 05:32 PM

thats not correct...

all b5 s4s have bixenons (US models that is)

a4s beginning in 99.5 or 2000 had xenon as an option

IKE20VA4
01-10-2007, 05:40 PM
thats not correct...

all b5 s4s have bixenons (US models that is)

a4s beginning in 99.5 or 2000 had xenon as an option

that is not correct either...

b5 s4's do not have bixenons...they have the same xenons as the 01's did as an option. it was the B6 s4's that have bixenon. open up a set of b5 s4 headlights and tell me if you see a solenoid on the projector housing...

benzteck
01-10-2007, 05:45 PM
hey... at least you know that your vehicle is an audi (probably by the plaque)... maybe they should put an HID plaque on the headlight housings... just a thought...

If they did that it would stop interesting and informative posts like this one though[:D] J/K

shaahid this is a comparison between HID's and regular lights

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112299&highlight=hid

If you have the way brighter and blue tinted light you have HID's the not so bright no blue tint lights you have normal halogens. Just a heads up you might want to seach a little harder next time it took me about 45 sec. to find that post. If you want HID's this is a good place to get them a few of us (me included) have purchased these lately http://www.cqlight.ca/index.php their a great product for the money and their super easy to install even if you new to the car modding thing you can install these.

SoFresh
01-10-2007, 05:53 PM
^^^^ haha, true

StreetUrchin
01-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Just a heads up, while I am on AZ pretty consistantly I've noticed that if you are BRAND new and want some basic questions answered head over to audiworld.com, cause on AZ a lot of posters are snobs who act like they were born knowing all there was to know about German engineering [rolleyes]

I'm just saying...

sean1.8t
01-10-2007, 06:10 PM

just remember that those are comparing old 2 peice non projector lights and projector ecodes w/8000k HID's in them..

stock audi HID's are 4300k which would not look like those 8000k's at all.. just pay attention to the light output

quadaxel
01-10-2007, 06:31 PM
regular lights = whitish to yellow light. HID = blueish light. and im probably just regurgatating information. be easy on him, we all were in his shoes at one point.

E Fresh
01-10-2007, 06:40 PM
How about using the "search" feature before making a thread where you know your going to get destroyed [rolleyes] . Many basic questions and knowledge like this already have threads.

a4cefed
01-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Fuck you...

...and fuck you

first off dont come around here and act like an a$$ just because i didnt answer your stupid question. i didnt say anything to offend you, did i ? all i said it that this is funny. i dont think that deserves a "fuck you" I have done my part around here to help out when i can. so i think i have the right to say what i feel on this board. Next time search before you ask a dumb question and you wont get replies like the one i gave you.

turbo kraut
01-10-2007, 06:54 PM
How about using the "search" feature before making a thread where you know your going to get destroyed [rolleyes] . Many basic questions and knowledge like this already have threads.

i would have to say he didn't know he was going to get "destroyed" or he would not have asked this question

and yeah, telling people to f' off will get you banned, at least temporarily

maxspeed
01-10-2007, 07:23 PM
got your oiriginal window sticker?

p.s. your a dick.

shaahid
01-10-2007, 07:34 PM
If they did that it would stop interesting and informative posts like this one though[:D] J/K

If you have the way brighter and blue tinted light you have HID's the not so bright no blue tint lights you have normal halogens. Just a heads up you might want to seach a little harder next time it took me about 45 sec. to find that post. If you want HID's this is a good place to get them a few of us (me included) have purchased these lately http://www.cqlight.ca/index.php their a great product for the money and their super easy to install even if you new to the car modding thing you can install these.

Yea, I saw that yesterday (nice lights btw). And mine look like the yellow ones. And like I've said, I've always thought I DIDN'T have HIDs, but people that are more knowledgeable with cars told me otherwise. So, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask before I bought the whole kit. Thanks for the help. I don't have HIDs. And I was planning on getting them from that site you posted. The 6500k though.

Maxspeed- who are you talking to?

benzteck
01-10-2007, 08:00 PM
I got the 6500k's, I drive cars with HID's all the time and can't stand regular halogens now that I've seen the light HID's produce, it only took like 2 years to finally buy some and now I couldn't be happier. HID's are a must do. You will love them if you get them

DGAFxxx
01-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Do I have lowering springs? My car sits alot lower than other audis, how can I check this?

No, That's just your mom causing your car to sit lower. She has exceeded the recommended weight capacity. But props to you for getting your car slammed with no money out of pocket, most guys on this forum have had to spend upwards of $1000 to get their car to sit that low.

sean1.8t
01-10-2007, 08:43 PM
^^^HAHAHAHA, [up]

sandnessmj
01-10-2007, 08:48 PM
p.s. your a dick.

"You're", not "your". There, now I'm a dick.[:D]

quadaxel
01-10-2007, 08:50 PM
lol this is gonna get brutal.

shaahid
01-10-2007, 09:16 PM
No, That's just your mom causing your car to sit lower. She has exceeded the recommended weight capacity. But props to you for getting your car slammed with no money out of pocket, most guys on this forum have had to spend upwards of $1000 to get their car to sit that low.

Haha its pretty funny you gotta make up shit I never said to get at me.

Hugh Jass
01-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Finally...a very helpful/useful thread! Ok...i know i have headlights, but how can i tell when they are on? And i know this is a little off topic but how do i know what color my car is? Is there any way to tell? TIA. I have noooo idea. Sorry for all the hard questions.

4ringAR
01-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Finally...a very helpful/useful thread! Ok...i know i have headlights, but how can i tell when they are on? And i know this is a little off topic but how do i know what color my car is? Is there any way to tell? TIA. I have noooo idea. Sorry for all the hard questions.

sounds like you need a set of these (http://cgi.ebay.com/REAL-PRESERVED-WILDCAT-EYES-veterinary-study-specimen_W0QQitemZ300068031982QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4 13QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)[up]

benzteck
01-10-2007, 11:28 PM

^^^[:D] [:D] That shit made me roll[up]

bassed
01-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Seriously people need to lighten up across the board, whether it be noobs or vets. The whole point of this is to help people out regardless of how dumb a question they ask. I have been making a serious effort myself to exercise more tact and I suggest we all do the same.

JMG
01-11-2007, 11:13 AM
You guys need to lighten up. If you have a problem with someone asking a question you think has been answered too many times, then don't post in the thread. As there is no need to flame any longer this thread is closed.