PDA

View Full Version : Spring help!!

Teabag
01-08-2007, 01:19 PM
yo im new 2 audizine i drive a gutless 1.6L fwd 97 a4 im just wondering what is the cheapest way 2 get my car sitting very low, i d0nt want coil overs (2 expensive) i dont care about the ride i get, what do you think of compressed springs or shortend shocks, what would be the best and the cheapest as im only 17 and have no money :)

ps, i wont cut my springs either ;>

europshhrc279
01-08-2007, 01:54 PM
1.6l a4? that exists? you could get springs such a tein s-tech or H&R race that are low other then that..dunno

Teabag
01-08-2007, 02:03 PM
yup sure does lol they built them in singapore i think. whats the drop like for those springs?

hey4
01-08-2007, 02:11 PM
well, if you want to know what's good for you and your car you won't get "Shortened shocks & compressed springs". never seen such things but I've seen similar things and would strongly advise to stay away from them. The cheapest way to slam the car relativley safely is to get springs but then again your shocks will give out pretty soon thereafter. You could always put a lot of weight in the car. That will slam it. But seriosuly we at AZ advise you do things right or don't do them at all.

Teabag
01-08-2007, 02:16 PM
so if i put aftermarket springs in my car it would ruin the suspension?

AudiRacerS4
01-08-2007, 02:22 PM
if you dont get soprt shocks then yes you will blow your shocks from using aftermarket springs

Kreizy31
01-08-2007, 02:22 PM
only if you leave the stock shocks on as well...

get some used coilovers.

i have koni coilovers and i love them...if not, get some used springs/shocks or leave your car alone and deal with it. :)

CSHO1.8t
01-08-2007, 02:23 PM
I have the stock sport struts on mine and they are working fine for now. As for springs, i went with H&R race... i love them and they were not very expensive. droped my car quite a bit

Teabag
01-08-2007, 02:27 PM
would sport shocks make the tyres tuck in the guards thats the look i want :P

panix73
01-08-2007, 02:43 PM
so if i put aftermarket springs in my car it would ruin the suspension?

Yes, it certainly will. Your shocks will go out very soon after if you install race springs on a stock suspension. And, don't forget that your car will get tons of wheel hop and will be very "bouncy" and sloppy because your shocks will not be able to absorb/rebound the high compression shocks your springs will deliver.
.. basically, just don't do it. Not only will your car handle like shit, it'll also look like shit when your car hits any small pothole and your shocks can't rebound. Just save your time, money, and effort for a set of coilovers.