PDA

View Full Version : Rocking seat

matt719
01-07-2007, 05:52 PM
So my seat was loose so I got the new bushing kit from ECS and installed it. It maybe feels a *little* better, but it still clearly rocks back and forth. I can't really tell for sure, but it seems like maybe the upright portion is loose from the base of the seat? Again, it's hard to tell, but that's what it looks like when I shake the seat while not sitting in it. I'm thinking of swapping the driver and passenger seats so I don't have to deal with this anymore.

Does anyone have any other ideas, besides bushings, of what could be the culprit of the mysterious rocking seat?

AudiSport12
01-07-2007, 05:56 PM
i couldnt help ya but i know how that feels when the seat moves around on ya. my pops A6 does that so when you get on the brakes you rock a good 1 inch forward then back and its very annoying

AHB900
01-07-2007, 08:43 PM
mine does that too i always thought that was normal

HighDesertAudi
01-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Check out the Tech section on AW, its a pretty common problem.

Teabag
01-08-2007, 01:39 PM
i have that aswell!!

matt719
01-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Check out the Tech section on AW, its a pretty common problem.

Not sure which article you're referring to, because I can't find any on the matter. Moreover, I believe the common problem is the three worn bushings, which I replaced to no avail.

Edit: I should probably also mention that my passenger seat is completely rigid, so it isn't supposed to be like this.

Kreizy31
01-08-2007, 02:32 PM
If you want a complete new set of seats, let me know. I just bought Sparco Supersports and my stockers are sitting in the corner of my closet. Never rocked, no problems whatsoever, just wanna get rid of them.

matt719
01-08-2007, 03:01 PM
If you want a complete new set of seats, let me know. I just bought Sparco Supersports and my stockers are sitting in the corner of my closet. Never rocked, no problems whatsoever, just wanna get rid of them.

Are they sport seats? Color? Shipping looks like it would be tough.

I like my seats, but they are the cloth sport seats and tend to get dirty very easily.

Kreizy31
01-08-2007, 06:32 PM
They are non-sport Black Leather(ha! by leather, you know what I mean)

They are in 9.8/10 condition.