PDA

View Full Version : first fender bender

CEL_STAYS_ON
01-06-2007, 03:28 PM
I just had my first fender bender in 10yrs of driving. I'm not to sure how the insurance process works. I havew already made my claim. I have denied fault but if I'm found to be at fault what happens? Will I have any costs out of my pocket or does my insurance company cover everything. I opted not to use their repair shops. Will they send me a check to cover my cost. Rough last 4 weeks. Had my car stolen and told before xmas. Thanks

burner799
01-06-2007, 03:35 PM
what happend?

speedydragon
01-06-2007, 03:36 PM
well as long as you didn't hit them from behind then you probably won't be at fault, as long as you have logical reasons and crap

CEL_STAYS_ON
01-06-2007, 03:44 PM
I was pulling out of my parking spot. There was a woman to my right. There was a woman to my left perpendicular to me. As I pulled out of my spot I saw the woman to my right was pulling out at the same time. I was halfway out of the spot. We both stopped. She motioned me to go. As she waited I pulled out. The woman to my left tried to go around. That's when we hit. I guess she thought the woman to my right waived her to go. The woman was 81 and had a recent accident as well. She said there were so many cars she got confused. Anyways I denied fault since she was stopped when I mad my exit but with my luck who knows.

tanklee
01-06-2007, 06:54 PM
So it was like this? (mad skills yo!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/tanklee/untitled-1.jpg

er i had something like that happen to me too (with one of my teachers!) i was the one driving down the parking lot and my teacher was where u were and he hit me on my right front door area...i thought it was my fault for goin 30+mph in a parking lot, but ended up him getting all the fault. Yours looks like a close call...if im right, the person driving through the lot has the right of way and the person parked has to yield... =/ good luck and hopefully everything goes well!

CEL_STAYS_ON
01-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Haha yeah close to that diagram but I was backing up.