PDA

View Full Version : Boost Leak Issues-Pic attached

zrowcool
01-02-2007, 06:41 PM
I found a boost leak that has been lurking in my engine bay since i got the car. Above the skidplate really close to the bumper is a pipe that connects from the turbo to the intercooler. The previous owner drilled holes into it to attach the lower bumper valance that was falling off so theres about 8-10 little holes in it where screws once were. Can i just JB weld the holes or even replace the pipe with some intercooler piping then attach it using strap mounts? Or should i get it from the dealer? TIA
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/Zrowcool/drilledpipe.jpg

sean1.8t
01-02-2007, 06:47 PM
oh my god that dude is an idiot..

i would try the JB weld at first and see if it holds up(i think that it will). maybe even put little square plates on the holes and weld them on the pipe and then weld them again on all the seems.

but call the dealer and price out a part, you never know, could be one of those cheap audi parts i sometimes hear about

AudiRacerS4
01-02-2007, 07:13 PM
rofl wtf is wrong with people...haha not you zrowcool, this is pretty funny

AudiRacerS4
01-02-2007, 07:13 PM
drilling holes in the IC piping thats something you dont see everyday...

zrowcool
01-02-2007, 07:18 PM
i was like what the hell is are these holes? looked at the valance and like what a fu*kin moron. Ive changed all the vac lines, new charge hoses, even the secondary lines, and still had the hiss under load. Found this today and you couldnt be able to imagine my face.

im going to try the JB weld patches. then call the dealer for a price and if its at least reasonable then ill get it. if not im going to get some intercooler piping and just cut it to size and make brackets for it. its straight as is so it wouldnt be too difficult. if not then a muffler shop may be able to cut me some stainless.

AudiRacerS4
01-02-2007, 07:23 PM
it should be an easy fix...i just cant believe someone did that haha

neter
01-02-2007, 07:24 PM
lol...to funny...that guy must've been a dumba$$ fixing cars

MSMITTY
01-02-2007, 07:26 PM
sorry to hear, that is real crzy shit.

if the dealer cost is high, what about used from a junk yard? or even shokan, they may be able to help you out.

good luck either way.

Ado
01-02-2007, 08:18 PM
yea that previous owner is a idiot. when i got my car it was way more fucked up then yours. i have a leak on the same pipe as you do but mine is only on the inercooler side. i'm thinking of just putting in a FMIC cuz that will by-pass the pipe where we have the leaks.

that pipe is really expencive from the dealer cuz i have looked into it and it dose not look fun to be replacing it.

AudiA4_20T
01-02-2007, 08:28 PM
A FMIC will fix that heh

Ado
01-02-2007, 08:30 PM
^^^^ yup. now were thinking. lol

zrowcool
01-03-2007, 05:13 AM
thought about it, but on a ko3? I am going BT in the future but wouldnt a FMIC actually be worse for my current setup?

1 ate T
01-03-2007, 05:16 AM
thought about it, but on a ko3? I am going BT in the future but wouldnt a FMIC actually be worse for my current setup?

Not if your not stupid and get a HUGE FMIC... Wouldn't really do much other than look cool, and prepare you for the future..