PDA

View Full Version : I need spring advice.

Slo.Mo.Shun.
01-02-2007, 11:12 AM
The are several brands of springs to chose from, but which one should I chose?
Eibach, H&R, Tein, Neuspeed, and Vogtland.

What I want to do is lower the cars hight, while maintaining the same or more stiffness of the sport suspension. I don't want my car feeling like boat when cursing, in other words all I want is to lower it a bit without losing handling over stock.

180motorsports
01-24-2007, 12:05 AM
i would go with the vogtland springs

jeremy@matrix
01-24-2007, 12:10 PM
The are several brands of springs to chose from, but which one should I chose?
Eibach, H&R, Tein, Neuspeed, and Vogtland.

What I want to do is lower the cars hight, while maintaining the same or more stiffness of the sport suspension. I don't want my car feeling like boat when cursing, in other words all I want is to lower it a bit without losing handling over stock.

So you have OEM sport susp now?

We just removed a client's Vogtland's that he had supplied for install (we just installed Eibach's now) as the Vogtland coils were touching each other and causing a odd harmonic. So, I wouldn't recommend them for B6/B7 cars at least.

Slo.Mo.Shun.
01-24-2007, 01:46 PM
I have heard great things of the vogtland springs, I ordered mine directly from Vogtland and supodedly they are going to be tailor made for the B7 A4 FWD.

They should arrive the 29th of this month.

Lest wait and see.

jeremy@matrix
01-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I have heard great things of the vogtland springs, I ordered mine directly from Vogtland and supodedly they are going to be tailor made for the B7 A4 FWD.

They should arrive the 29th of this month.

Lest wait and see.

Ok don't say I didn't warn you. [;)]

Re5pectThe_Cuz
01-24-2007, 02:31 PM
I have my eibachs and love them. however, for the first time I went with springs rather than coils and as of today I regret it. I did not mind at all until I was rotating tires and found my rears cupping already. About 5k miles since I've lowered the car. Save up, dish out, do something get struts and springs or coils all together.