PDA

View Full Version : the feeling you get after ordering parts...

SeanF
12-29-2006, 07:11 AM
ok, so the other night (wednesday night) i was kinda bored, had a little christmas money leftover (only about $100) and i figured id go online shopping... well at that point i was trying to decide between s4 motor mounts and an SPP fan kit...

well, i just decide to get both... i was thinking "man im gonna hate myself tomorrow" <--- you all know that feeling

but no, for the first time in a while i have no regrets about spending the money... that might change though after i put the parts on if they dont do anything [:p]

anyone else usually get bad feelings when you buy stuff?

and the other feeling i hate about buying parts is right after your done... its just over... you dont feel like anything is different... and you dont have your parts for a few days...

LateraLex
12-29-2006, 07:14 AM
I hate the wait for delivery...

94jedi
12-29-2006, 07:15 AM
ok, so the other night (wednesday night) i was kinda bored, had a little christmas money leftover (only about $100) and i figured id go online shopping... well at that point i was trying to decide between s4 motor mounts and an SPP fan kit...

well, i just decide to get both... i was thinking "man im gonna hate myself tomorrow" <--- you all know that feeling

but no, for the first time in a while i have no regrets about spending the money... that might change though after i put the parts on if they dont do anything [:p]

anyone else usually get bad feelings when you buy stuff?

and the other feeling i hate about buying parts is right after your done... its just over... you dont feel like anything is different... and you dont have your parts for a few days...
lol, I know the feeling!!! you feel like a druggie who's trying to get clean but you just snorted a pound of coke. Imagine how I felt after dropping over $1k in s/w and fueling.

1 ate T
12-29-2006, 07:17 AM
I know what you mean... You're excited but then you're like... Uh I dunno if I should have done that. For fear of 'financial situations'.

I just bought a cone filter, and an exhaust... Was like "hmm... maybe I shou... Ahh nevermind, I'm happy" haha.

^^ Me too

a4cefed
12-29-2006, 07:30 AM
i need to stop buying stuff for my car, yesterday i looked at the credit card balance and almost took a leap of the roof. but god i love the feeling when ups drops off my order [:D]

SeanF
12-29-2006, 07:33 AM
ha, i go easy on my credit card... thats dangerous territory

yusoslo
12-29-2006, 07:37 AM
Man everytime the UPS guy shows up its like christmas for me. I think its better than going to the store to buy a part. I dont know why but I like it, maybe cause its wrapped in a box??

SeanF
12-29-2006, 07:39 AM
and cuz you never know when that bastard will show up...

plus its a damn holiday so im not getting my shit till mid next week... even with 2 day shipping :-\

SeanF
12-29-2006, 07:42 AM
and this is what i hate about the UPS guy...

you know hes coming on that day, so you make plans to install your stuff that day, but the guy doesnt show up till like 7pm...

grrr..

onemoremile
12-29-2006, 08:17 AM
I hate getting home from work and finding the UPS tag stuck to the door. Sorry sir, your sooper kewl parts are in town but you can't have them right now. Better luck tomorrow...

SeanF
12-29-2006, 09:33 AM
"I didnt even want to have to sign for it!!! Just leave it on the doorstep!"

1 ate T
12-29-2006, 10:17 AM
I hate getting home from work and finding the UPS tag stuck to the door. Sorry sir, your sooper kewl parts are in town but you can't have them right now. Better luck tomorrow...

omfg, i know

Euro
12-29-2006, 06:13 PM

+100,000,000

By far the worst part.

sean1.8t
12-30-2006, 01:03 AM
im waiting on two shipments right now.. nothing special like a BT yet but still im all

"antsy in my pantsy!"

IKE20VA4
12-30-2006, 08:04 AM
it's more the wait for delivery that kills me to death...I've been waiting like 2 weeks for some LEDs from hong kong...grrrr

audisnapr
12-30-2006, 08:52 AM
what's even worse is that the shipper sends you a tracking number. So you of course immediately plug in that random letter/digit combo to see what state your shiat is in... even if it was shipped that day and all you get is "the shipper has only transmitted the shipping information... we haven't even picked it up your toys you impatient f*ck". Of course you check it a few times a day if you sit a computer all day long like some of us. Then, as the delivery date gets closer, you make arrangements to be home to receive and install, check the status five more times and finally... see that there was some sort of "problem" and the delivery date has been rescheduled for another day. And repeat.

oh wait, maybe that's just me.

SeanF
12-30-2006, 09:14 AM
no, i think thats everyone... ha

BzeB5A4
12-30-2006, 09:27 AM
lol, i know that feeling. I really hate teh wait!

Quattrocket
12-30-2006, 09:32 AM
For me its more like I order a mod part, pay for it. Then I go for a drive and something breaks, now I need $$$ for a repair and its not there anymore.
I always have to rationalize a mod to make me feel better about it. Oh my turbo is shot, so I will install a k04 cuz the price isnt that much higher.

gotdubd
12-30-2006, 07:17 PM
havent gotten there with the a4 yet.
but spending 3600 in a week between suspension, wheels, audio and some cosmetics for my mk4 was kinda painful.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/lkptlow/GTi/00000002.jpg
that.

and a JBL/Infinity stereo with an alpine flipout.

thank god i work at a shop.
wouldve been 3500 alone in stereo at full retail.

benzteck
12-30-2006, 09:44 PM
what's even worse is that the shipper sends you a tracking number. So you of course immediately plug in that random letter/digit combo to see what state your shiat is in... even if it was shipped that day and all you get is "the shipper has only transmitted the shipping information... we haven't even picked it up your toys you impatient f*ck". Of course you check it a few times a day if you sit a computer all day long like some of us. Then, as the delivery date gets closer, you make arrangements to be home to receive and install, check the status five more times and finally... see that there was some sort of "problem" and the delivery date has been rescheduled for another day. And repeat.

oh wait, maybe that's just me.

I don't sit on the computer at work and I'm not supposed to but I get the urge to check like every hour on the hour so I sneak around to a computer to check, It's like smoking you just have to do it every hour till it shows up or you start going through with drolls

audisnapr
12-31-2006, 09:13 AM
or how about those times you impatiently wait days and days for that part, going through the process I described above, no shipping problems, you arrive at home to see your package sitting there calling out your name to open it... the suspense is killing you, you open it and find out it's the wrong part. send it back and repeat.

lude2euroa4
12-31-2006, 10:51 AM
i never feel guilty about buying parts untill i have to tell my girlfriend.... then i get the whole story how i waste money and i should blah blah blah, but its ok when she buys gucci bags and prada sunglasses...

delivery by the ups man is def the best, i get ancy like all of us but i dont mind the wait.... what i hate is going to bed at night and i cant sleep cuz all i think about is my next mod and when i can afford it, calculate paychecks and bills, debt plays a part in it also...

anyway cars arent fun unless you mod.. now that i saw the jedi thread and his cars worth like 6 g's and all that work im starting to think is modding worth it!

wow did i really just say that? someone E-SLAP me!

soupie69uk
12-31-2006, 11:53 AM
I hate how i get the bits then i sometime have to have them sitting around the house till I can be bothered fitting them.