PDA

View Full Version : Muffler/Exhaust Clamp Question

dr3qm
12-27-2006, 05:53 PM
For the past few months, my car had been emitting a sound like a helicopter (...or something) from what seemed to be the front passenger side in the engine compartment. Searched around on here, and assumed it to be an exhaust leak of some sort and decided to sort with it at a later date, since it wouldnt cause my car to burst into flames.

Tonight, I just got my car back from a garage, where I had it inspected and emissions tested. When I picked it up, the guy had said that he replaced two broken muffler clamps under the car, and that was the only work that was done to it. This is great, because I noticed when I started my car, it didnt sound like a diesel anymore. However, when I pulled away, I did notice that there was a new sound to my car. I cant really describe it, but I am assuming that its the exhaust/muffler vibrating with the new clamps that were put on. It only makes the sound when I'm on the gas pedal, but doesnt really do it if I am gentle.

Can someone verify that this would be due to the new clamps that were placed on my car? Will this go away in time as they seat, or do I need to do something about it? If so, what should I do to these said "muffler clamps" (as written on my invoice) to take care of it?

Thanks in advance...

dr3qm
12-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Bump.

Help me out here...the buzzing under acceleration makes me want to steer into oncoming traffic.[headbang]