PDA

View Full Version : HID conversion issues

IamCDN
12-21-2006, 08:20 AM
I've searched both AZ and AW and I think I've found the problem, but any more advice would be great.
I've just recently did a HID conversion: new VALEOs 2 piece projector and generic HID ballasts with 5000K H7 bulbs. The kit was pretty much plug and play.
I went 2 piece...yes...anyway, here's the issue, when I turn on the hid lights with car running, my trip resets to zero and my radio stops...it's still on..just seems to lose the signal...turn radio off and back on, no problems. When car is running only the radio thing happens when i turn the hids on.
I don't know if both issues are related...searching the web I've come across a few things that mention a huge amount of RFI comes out of these things, especially when they're turned on...
I'm wondering if using relay switches, and devoting separate power cables for these suckers would fix the problem?
Has anyone else encoutered similar issues with hid upgrades?
Thanks for looking.

fyi 97 A4 1.8TQ delta radio

goody6691
12-21-2006, 08:25 AM
um......................no

goody6691
12-21-2006, 08:26 AM
um......................no

killroy77
12-21-2006, 08:41 AM
You shouldn't receive any funny feedback. A seperate relay wiring harness is recommended, and may clean up your issue if the HID's are causing this.

Daft
12-21-2006, 10:37 AM
How did you wire the ballasts? Specifically the ground leads...