View Full Version : window tinting...??

TH85
12-19-2006, 12:02 AM
ok heres the deal....

this is whats gonna happen before the end of next summer:
-im gonna get my lowers painted
-new exhaust...borla or miltek?? still tryen to decide
-window tints....
i live in illinois and u can only tint the back windows legally...but i know there is a medical condition where u can be able to tint the front windows as well..anyone know what it is...its got somethin to do with your eye sight or somethin?? that is the only way i would tint my windows...dont need another reason to get pulled over...

by the way...is there any sport exhaust that audi makes (i know u can order one on their website for a b6, but not for a b5...im goin for a better sounding exhaust)

smoothie
12-19-2006, 11:49 AM
no idea man....

funny story though... one time i got pulled over and he tried getting me for my tint even though i'm out of state..... i talked my way out of it but he told me that some some guy ripped his tint off right in front of him when he pulled some other guy over....:P

loustylez
12-19-2006, 02:41 PM
if i couldn't tint all my windows i wouldn't do it at all. that would look horrible.

a4cefed
12-19-2006, 02:55 PM
try this for the exhaust, all i could find
http://collection.audiusa.com/store/accessory.asp?parent%5Fcategory%5Fid=11&category%5FID=48&subcategory%5FID=194&product%5Fid=776

RJW01A4Q
12-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Tint them all!!! All my windows are done with 35% I believe, and next week I'll be getting the windshield done also... IMO looks badass on a silver car!!

Euro
12-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Im made this thread a while back.

It might have some helpful info, Im not going to read it all for you.

check it
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99616

Nukkah03
12-19-2006, 05:43 PM
20% ftw, actually I've been pulled over 3 times and got a ticket for only one of them. $295 ticket is not fun, judge wouldn't reduce it so I said f it I'm gonna leave it on [:D]

http://myspace-640.vo.llnwd.net/00195/04/64/195844640_m.jpg

loustylez
12-19-2006, 09:33 PM
15% all the way around with a 5% brow across the front. i had the same thing on an acura 2.5TL but i had 5% on the back window. that was just stupid...

TH85
12-20-2006, 12:23 AM
yea illinois sucks...no tint on front two windows and i would definitly just not tint if i cant tint them all but we will see....

as for this..http://collection.audiusa.com/store/accessory.asp?parent%5Fcategory%5Fid=11&category%5FID=48&subcategory%5FID=194&product%5Fid=776

-would u guys consider this amongst borla and miltek?? im just looken for an s4 sounding exhaust...not to worried about the power increase as there would be little with any exhaust i would get..

and im liken the $360 price tag...

thanks in advance

a4cefed
12-20-2006, 07:17 AM
if your not looking for performance, and want better sound and looks im sure you could get a magnaflow muffler for less money.

AHB900
12-20-2006, 01:14 PM
^magna flow muffler wont give u much of a difference speaking from experience i put one on and the car sounded almost exactly the same as stock if your gonna do exhaust get a full one... unless ur willing to get a intake itll change the tone by ALOOOTT...... even now i still think its alittle to quiet but i dont really have much of a choice since my dad doenst want me waking everyone up at night when i drive in.....

Mad_Audi
12-20-2006, 10:33 PM
you could get a letter from a dermatologist stating that you need to be protected from UV rays

tanklee
12-20-2006, 10:42 PM
really? i can get a note from a dermatologist??? sweet! my sis is a dermatologist! now imma go get myself a note! =D

AHB900
12-20-2006, 11:16 PM
^but doenst that mean u have to tint your front windshield also? cause it would be kinda werid if u need to protect your self but u dont tint the one window that is truely a problem

a4cefed
12-21-2006, 07:17 AM
^magna flow muffler wont give u much of a difference speaking from experience i put one on and the car sounded almost exactly the same as stock if your gonna do exhaust get a full one... unless ur willing to get a intake itll change the tone by ALOOOTT...... even now i still think its alittle to quiet but i dont really have much of a choice since my dad doenst want me waking everyone up at night when i drive in.....

which magna flow did you have, i think my borla might be too loud.

loustylez
12-21-2006, 08:07 AM
^but doenst that mean u have to tint your front windshield also? cause it would be kinda werid if u need to protect your self but u dont tint the one window that is truely a problem

"Officer, I agree. I'm trying to do the best I can while being as safe as possible at the same time. I don't think it would be safe to tint the front window, especially at night, wouldn't you agree?"

SurferForever
12-21-2006, 09:22 AM
dude, chances are a cop wouldnt even question why the fron isnt tinted

dj spiel
12-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Hey man just get all four done

If you want I can reccomend a spot. I've done tints there 2 times.

once in my 96 AUDI 2.8L & the other is my new car 1999.5 A4 1.8T q

I've also taking my buddy there he had his done he drives a 850T volvo & I sent another member from AUDIFORUMS there he drives a 2001 1.8T

Its $150.00 for all 4 & lifetime warranty

ok heres the deal....

this is whats gonna happen before the end of next summer:
-im gonna get my lowers painted
-new exhaust...borla or miltek?? still tryen to decide
-window tints....
i live in illinois and u can only tint the back windows legally...but i know there is a medical condition where u can be able to tint the front windows as well..anyone know what it is...its got somethin to do with your eye sight or somethin?? that is the only way i would tint my windows...dont need another reason to get pulled over...

by the way...is there any sport exhaust that audi makes (i know u can order one on their website for a b6, but not for a b5...im goin for a better sounding exhaust)

a4cefed
12-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Hey man just get all four done

If you want I can reccomend a spot. I've done tints there 2 times.

once in my 96 AUDI 2.8L & the other is my new car 1999.5 A4 1.8T q

I've also taking my buddy there he had his done he drives a 850T volvo & I sent another member from AUDIFORUMS there he drives a 2001 1.8T

Its $150.00 for all 4 & lifetime warranty

can you PM me the place?

tanklee
12-21-2006, 10:13 AM

HEY! Might as well get those tinted too then!

MultiAudis
12-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Paul aka djspiel, please get in touch with me I have been trying to get ahold of you for weeks!

GTO
12-21-2006, 01:23 PM
tint them all, don't be scared! never heard of Rx window tint, sorry.

4ringAR
12-21-2006, 03:44 PM
try this for the exhaust, all i could find
http://collection.audiusa.com/store/accessory.asp?parent%5Fcategory%5Fid=11&category%5FID=48&subcategory%5FID=194&product%5Fid=776

anyone have this, or a sound clip of it? i'd be interested in this over a borla since it is almost 1/2 the price.

Cheers.

Calabria
12-21-2006, 03:49 PM
i have 15% in front and 5% in back. havent had any tickets or second looks at my car either. ive been pulled over at night and the cop didnt say anything.
thinking about 35% on my windshield, cops dont notice if your windshield is tinted

BzeB5A4
12-21-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm in Illinois too.
I've had my tints on for like 4 months...only been pulled over once in Elmhurst.
I told the officer the car came like that when I bought it in Michigan. He let me go with a warning. :)

I got 20% all around. Looks Sharp!! Got it done by Nino @ Renn-Art from the GB they had. Only $150 with lifetime warranty!!

bass_lover1
12-21-2006, 06:56 PM
which magna flow did you have, i think my borla might be too loud.

I bought this one (http://performance-curve.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=663) about a year and a half ago, along w/ tips, but that part is personal preference. I made a mistake of getting one that is center in, center out. The stock piping as an offset in, so make sure you get that type of muffler.

I also replaced the center resonator w/ a 16" glasspack...if you have a 2.8 (dont know if you said which you drive) you'll want to get atleast a 20" glasspack or you'll get droning at cruising speeds.

Total, I paid about 300 bucks for this setup, its stock piping but the car lost about 40-50 lbs of unneeded weight, and it deffinitely sounds a lot better IMO.

Militant-Grunt
12-21-2006, 08:55 PM
20% ftw, actually I've been pulled over 3 times and got a ticket for only one of them. $295 ticket is not fun, judge wouldn't reduce it so I said f it I'm gonna leave it on [:D]

http://myspace-640.vo.llnwd.net/00195/04/64/195844640_m.jpg

I have 25% on mine, haven't gotten a ticket yet, *knock on wood*. It doest look that dark during the day, but at night you cannot see anything into my car, love it especially for parking (need to park mine on the street =/)

loustylez
12-22-2006, 06:51 AM
i can't be havin ppl looking in through my windows while i'm driving. too much steez being abused ;) 15% all the way around and have been pulled over... 3 or 4 times since and they never said anything about the tint.

they're just too blinded by the rest of the car and how beautiful it is.

dj spiel
12-22-2006, 06:58 AM
Ive sent payment 2 times!!! Calm down. ive been extremely busy.

If u want i mail a check. i am not going to paypal as i am going thru some issue with them

Paul aka djspiel, please get in touch with me I have been trying to get ahold of you for weeks!