PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy V1?

fade
12-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Wasn't sure which forum would be most appropriate for this question, but anyone have any suggestions?

brlukosk
12-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Got mine on ebay.

SeanF
12-18-2006, 03:06 PM
best place to get it is from Valentineone.com

they have a really good resale rate so its just worth it to get one new...

brlukosk
12-18-2006, 03:09 PM
best place to get it is from Valentineone.com

they have a really good resale rate so its just worth it to get one new...

True, I think I only saved around $50 buying it used.

If you do go the ebay route, make sure you run the serial number at the V1 site to see what firmware it has loaded.
[up]

needforspd
12-18-2006, 04:30 PM
V1 direct is the best way. Like said above if you go ebay make sure you look up the serial number on V1's website to see what it would cost to upgrade it to the new specs. 95% of the time its not worth buying used and upgrading it vs buying it new.

Not to mention buying from V1 direct you know you have the 1 year warranty which theyll fix it w/o any problems. (Ive already had to do this and they did it w/o any hassles).
Used Im not sure if you can transfer the warranty to another user.

pdxa4
12-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Best place is from Valentine 1 directly, they have a good warranty and it makes future upgrades much easier.

panix73
12-18-2006, 06:22 PM
I cannot urge people enough to go out and by one of these RIGHT NOW!

I say this because I've been telling myself for years now that I would buy a V1 due to how many speeding tickets I've accumulated and that the price of a single speeding ticket would pay for it. Although I never actually bought one and now I'm in such bad shape that I just had my license revoked for 1 year!

Lucky for me, not to the judges expectation, instead of 1 full year revocation, I will have two 6 month revokes running at the same time. Oh yeah and I can't apply for a restricted license either since I've already had one of those and got a speeding ticket days after my license was issued back on a previous suspension.. Oooopps!

So learn from my mistakes guys, avoid the mess all together, go out and buy yourself an early Chrismakwanzika present, and pickup a Valentine 1 today!!

turbo944s2
12-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Hmm its a good tool to have if the cops arent using Laser's. When I was living in Georgia it was almost obsolete. All the cops I seen where using laser. But in here in Detroit it works like a charm.