PDA

View Full Version : questions about software

audithisworld
12-15-2006, 05:38 PM
it seems the more i look for a chip for my car the more stuff i see that i dont understand. i work alot, and even though i would really like to know as much as i can about my car, i dont really have any fellow audi buddys around here, just volkswagen cats. i was looking today for used chips for sale and i keep seeing things like h box and stuff like that that i dont understand. im sure its easy and sounds dumb having someone ask about it, but thats how i am, sorry. if anyone can give me any info on what would be the best chip for me i would really appreciate it. i have a 99(not sure if its a 99.5, how do i tell?) 1.8t manual quattro. i know in some opinions giac and dahlbach are best and thats probably what im gonna throw in my car but i wanna make sure i do it the right way when i order it or buy it from someone else so i dont have any complications. i know these questions are something you would expect from like someone who drove a mini van and bought their first sport car a day ago, but im still like in my vr6 state of mind also. thanks alot.

sean1.8t
12-15-2006, 07:08 PM
H box, CH box, etc. are the types of ecu's for the different era's of the B5. you have to get a chip that is compatible for your ecu.. the best advice i can give for the chip is to go with the company that has the closest dealer to you. hopefully its GIAC. great chip and easy upgrades to a ko4 turbo if you plan on that route.

and to tell if you have a 99 or a 99.5 you can see the differences here

http://ctny.audiworld.com/mark/a4/diff/

audithisworld
12-15-2006, 07:11 PM
99.5 it be THANKS