PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?

a4sleepa
12-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Ok dumbass question here....Wheres the dipstick to check the auto-tranny fluid?? [confused]

euro3b
12-15-2006, 10:04 AM
There isnt one

Rich [:)]

a4sleepa
12-15-2006, 05:41 PM
well, you knew it was coming....how do I check it?

sean1.8t
12-15-2006, 07:00 PM
there is a fill plug to check it with on the side of the trans iirc.. if i were you i wouldn't worry about it and just change it. its only like 3 liters and a small amount of work and your shifts will be smoother

a4sleepa
12-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Ok I found the little reservior on the right of the bay that says hydrolikol....??

quickglx
12-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Welcome to modern Volkswagen automatic transmissions... There is a 17mm plug on the BOTTOM of the the trans pan. Get yourself a scan tool and read MVB 2 in auto trans and when she says 35 deg C, remove plug and let excess overflow slightly or top until full. Do not let it get too hot or too much fluid will run out and it will be low. The temp range is key to proper service

The resevoir you are looking at is likely the power steering resevoir... The auto trans is sealed and has a "lifetime" fill, which doesn't "require "periodic checking, unless you see or suspect a leak, or some type of driveability concern.... I'd definately recommend changing the fluid sometime in your cars life tho

a4sleepa
12-17-2006, 08:55 AM
The resevoir you are looking at is likely the power steering resevoir... The auto trans is sealed and has a "lifetime" fill, which doesn't "require "periodic checking, unless you see or suspect a leak, or some type of driveability concern.... I'd definately recommend changing the fluid sometime in your cars life tho

Wow...don't I feel smart

12-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah, its definately frustrating.
The previous owner didnt change the fluid and currently with this many miles, i'll be taking a big risk. Im still debating on what to do...

euro3b
12-21-2006, 03:43 PM
a4sleepa are you looking to change the fluid...just because or is there another reason why you want to access the fluid?

I knew of a guy on Passatworld.com that ran Redline D4 ATF in his Autotranny.

Rich [:)]