PDA

View Full Version : Question??!!??

Rob0511
12-12-2006, 12:30 PM
i just bought a 01 audi a4 quartro 5speed, i am totaly new to the quartro, any time i shit when i push down the clutch i hear a sound from the rear i think, i think it might be normal but sounds like the rear drive shaft but not sure? any 1 who has the same car please let me know if this is normal, its not that loud but noticable? thanks

1 ate T
12-12-2006, 12:34 PM
CV joints?

pipe7284
12-12-2006, 12:34 PM
you shit in your car? j/k...lol....
i also have a quattro and there are no sounds whatsoever, you might want to have that checked. if its the rear dif. than you`ll have to fix it asap. good luck!!!

MultiAudis
12-12-2006, 12:38 PM
ok a few things...

it is quattro, not quartro

"any time i shit when i push down the clutch"... well needless to say nobody knows what you mean when you say everytime you shit when you push the clutch...

I have a tip so I can't comment on noise when pressing the clutch, but I have had many manual cars and have never experienced any noise, so I would imagine yours shouldn't either. Seems we will have to let some manual guys chime in.

sean1.8t
12-12-2006, 12:39 PM
i have 01.5 and i hear nothing like that when i shit.. damn, i mean shift [:D]

1 ate T
12-12-2006, 12:40 PM
lmao

Rob0511
12-12-2006, 12:41 PM
ok guys you no what i ment haha, but anyways it is a quartro and its when i press the clutch down i hear i noise its not loud at all i never had a awd car so im not sure

JumboBlack1.8
12-12-2006, 01:33 PM
I think that might be your rear diff hitting the bottom of the car. I've got an '01 and I hear that sound from time to time. It doesn't happen EVERY time i take my foot off the gas to shift, but its definately a lil weird. I wasn't aware that it was a HUGE problem.....but someone else can comment on that, cuz I dont know a solution

sandnessmj
12-12-2006, 01:39 PM
I think that might be your rear diff hitting the bottom of the car. I've got an '01 and I hear that sound from time to time. It doesn't happen EVERY time i take my foot off the gas to shift, but its definately a lil weird. I wasn't aware that it was a HUGE problem.....but someone else can comment on that, cuz I dont know a solution

I usually on hear the rear diff hit when I lauch hard - not when I press in the clutch to shift.

MultiAudis
12-12-2006, 01:41 PM
ok guys you no what i ment haha, but anyways it is a quartro and its when i press the clutch down i hear i noise its not loud at all i never had a awd car so im not sure

quite saying quartro

buck
12-12-2006, 01:46 PM
If you shit sometimes when you push the clutch in, I believe that you need some more protien in your diet. Too much fiber can cause that... and I'm not talking carbon fiber.

There shouldn't be additional noise coming from your car when you dis-engage the clutch.

zionrider
12-12-2006, 01:48 PM
i just bought a 01 audi a4 quartro 5speed, i am totaly new to the quartro, any time i shit when i push down the clutch i hear a sound from the rear i think, i think it might be normal but sounds like the rear drive shaft but not sure? any 1 who has the same car please let me know if this is normal, its not that loud but noticable? thanks

This post just made my day. Made me laugh[:D] . I have the same car and sometimes I hear a little click kinda noise but that's about it. I'll try to listen next time I'm out. Enjoy the new car.

a4sleepa
12-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Quartro + Shit = Quartroshit?

I dont get it [confused]

smoothie
12-12-2006, 05:38 PM
lol you guys crack me up... haaa ... ya umm anyways check your motor mounts.... get under the car and look at the bottoms of them... if there is purple guey kinda stuff there then you need new mounts... that might be it, but if you say it's from your diff or driveshaft then it could be a differential mount, which can be also replaced. you need to describe this noise better. just a noise? a screech... a grind a clunk? can you feel it? if you can feel it and it's a clunk then like i said it could be motor mounts or rear end....

dont' shit in your quartro!!!!

lol sorry i just had to :)

Rob0511
12-13-2006, 12:17 PM
hey guys, i guess ill never live that one down, but anyways i brought my car to the shop today on break and i left it with them and 30 min later they called me back and told me that i need a new rear diff. ofcorse its coverd under the warr. that i have is only 3000 or 90 days. and i only bought the car 5 days ago, so everything will be ok in about a week or so. thanks guys[cool]

1 ate T
12-13-2006, 12:41 PM
You probably would have shit in it again if you didnt have warranty huh?

lol nice, good thing you noticed it soon. [up]

Rob0511
12-13-2006, 01:27 PM
hell ya thank god!!!![wrench]

mike-2ptzero
12-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Most likely the rear diff hitting, this happens during shifting since there is a weight transfer and is increased as the engine/trans mounts start to get worn/soft.