PDA

View Full Version : squeaky

Gman
12-10-2006, 07:05 PM
I have been driving my 2001 TT for the past winter or 2, before that I stored it for winters.
This is the first time I have ever had any squeaking.[headbang]
It seems to me that the bushings somewhere in the suspension system(both the front and the back) are making a really crappy niose every time I go over a bump.
My TT has a new coilovers / shocks as well as new sway bars. But I have to believe that there are 1 or more stock bushings that have not been replaced along the way.
Any ideas you might want to share, to get rid of these squeaks, I sure would like to hear em.
Thanks [tt]

stockblacks4
12-13-2006, 12:38 PM
you probably ripped your bushings. I am having all my bushings replaced because I had the same squeaking noise coming from my B5 S4.

jeremy@matrix
12-15-2006, 04:27 PM
I have been driving my 2001 TT for the past winter or 2, before that I stored it for winters.
This is the first time I have ever had any squeaking.[headbang]
It seems to me that the bushings somewhere in the suspension system(both the front and the back) are making a really crappy niose every time I go over a bump.
My TT has a new coilovers / shocks as well as new sway bars. But I have to believe that there are 1 or more stock bushings that have not been replaced along the way.
Any ideas you might want to share, to get rid of these squeaks, I sure would like to hear em.
Thanks [tt]

Most likely front swaybar squeaks; bushings, end links, etc. We see them all the time. Most recently it was swaybar bushing squeaks (the fix was to replace the bushings with OEM).

HTH,
Jeremy

jeremy@matrix
12-15-2006, 04:29 PM
you probably ripped your bushings. I am having all my bushings replaced because I had the same squeaking noise coming from my B5 S4.

On the B5's and C5's (even D2 A8's) the squeaking is either caused by the control arms (usually the 4 uppers, bushings ripped and now the joints are squeaking) or the tie rod ends (same--bushings ripped, etc).

Gman
12-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks

jeremy@matrix
12-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Thanks

Anytime.