View Full Version : Rear Stabilizer Bar???

12-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Hey guys. I've been trying to figure out exactly which bar is bent in my rear suspension. My dad took the wheel off and described it to me but unfortunately I'm not at home to look at it myself. He said there's just one bar bent. IIRC the only things that connect to the rear wheels are upper and lower control arms, axle, and another member which I believe is called the stabilizer bar. I believe this is what's bent. Could someone give me the correct name, whether or not they think this is what's wrong and a place where I can order this part. Sorry for all the questions, but I really appreciate the help.


12-08-2006, 11:47 AM
sweet! 4 wheel steering!

12-08-2006, 12:51 PM
sway bar maybe

12-08-2006, 12:52 PM
go ahead and put a wheel bearing in it too, cause it definitely took a hit and i'd bet money it's life expectancy just went to shit.

^^^not a sway bar, that controls the up and down movement of the suspension in relation to the opposite side, nothing to do with toe.

12-08-2006, 01:18 PM
control arms, tie rods, and possible the sway bar and end links could be damaged.

as mentioned above it may be a good idea to replace wheel bearing.

12-08-2006, 02:05 PM
poor wheels!

12-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Apparently it's the "track rod" that's bent. This is killing me not being able to look at my own car [headbang]

Does anyone know a good place to get this part. Autozone says it's a dealer part, but I'm sure I can order it online. Thanks.