PDA

View Full Version : ABS light n Break light!! help!

Mattgfx
12-06-2006, 04:47 PM
This morning i turned on my car(25degrees out), drove for a good 15mins dropped my sister off at school.. and i hear a BEEP , then my dashboard shows ABS light(Yellow) and a flashing Red Break light!! wtf? so i keep driving and stop at my friends house... where we turn off the car... pump the break a few times till it gets hardd and then we check the break fluid which is fine... Turn the car back on .. no lights since!!!

Does anyone know what these lights mean???

Thank you!!

R1ceRocket
12-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Our cars are notorious for the ABS control module going out. That will cause ABS and Brake light to flash. It can come and go, but it's only a matter of time till it becomes mostly permanent.

Since 80k miles my ABS lights have been constantly one, every once in awhile it'll go away, but either at next start up, it'll be on again, or it'll beep and come on again while driving.

It's an expensive $1k fix, for just a stupid little module, but I just choose to ignore it. I don't mind not having ABS.

BoostFrenzy
12-06-2006, 05:14 PM
I can repair your module for you if you ship it to me, PM me... this is very common

AudiDude007
12-06-2006, 05:16 PM
they can be fixed for around $250-300

chuckievi
12-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Well, assuming its his module and not one of his wheel sensors. Vag it to check, the module will get you an intermitent signal error, versus the sensors won't, thats the best way I know of to tell.

Mattgfx
12-06-2006, 07:56 PM
yea i have to bring it to audi to get a new gas gauge.. anyways... so i should have them check this over also