PDA

View Full Version : I'm loosing it!

peej07
12-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Hey guys. I've got a 2001.5 A4 with minimal heat. At idle it blows cool air ( I live in Buffalo ) and at around 3000 rpms it gets warmer. So far I've replaced the water pump and flushed and burped the heater core. The blend doors are working and there are no codes in the climate control unit. I haven't touched the thermostat because once it warms up the gauge stays right in the middle. Any help would be great because I really like my car and don't want to bail on it!

johnnybravoa4
12-06-2006, 07:22 AM
try the temp sensor and the thermostat..

beejohn
12-06-2006, 07:59 AM
hmm, still sounds like a clogged heater core...

if under load it is getting hot, that means that there is enough pressure from the water pump spinning faster to get coolant moving through the heater core.

maybe try flushing again? when you flushed, did you hookup the feed hose to the return of the heater core(sending water through it backwards the intended way)? any junk come out?

peej07
12-06-2006, 08:28 AM
When we flushed it it flowed great and no junk came out. After bleeding the system I had great heat for about 2 weeks and now I'm back to luke warm at best.

johnnybravoa4
12-06-2006, 08:36 AM
did you use the right coolant? I would try flushing it again like beejohn said.. what year is the car

peej07
12-06-2006, 08:44 AM
I should mention that I work at a VW/Audi dealership. The right coolant was definatly used.

johnnybravoa4
12-06-2006, 09:38 AM
just making sure, some people dont know better.. did you ask a tech from where you work, they may be able to help you better then some of us, i use to work in a garage but im just getting familiar with audi/vw im on my third

beejohn
12-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by peej07
When we flushed it it flowed great and no junk came out. After bleeding the system I had great heat for about 2 weeks and now I'm back to luke warm at best.

seems like you somehow got air in the system again???
bleed again, use new clamps to ensure no air is getting sucked in?

peej07
12-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Well interesting developments, if you pinch off the line that goes to the oil cooler the car has great heat.