PDA

View Full Version : bad battery or worse?

murph013
12-05-2006, 01:08 PM
A couple of times now, whenever I start my car, my doors lock, the climate control and all the functions on the dash display reset. It is hesitating on start-up most of the time... I'm assuming (hoping) I just need a new battery, my volts stayed steady all the way home today, and it started up fine when I stopped at the store.

smoothie
12-05-2006, 02:52 PM
may possibly be a bad ground on the ecm?? but more simply it could very well be a battery or bad connection with the battery. i would try cleaning it up first and get it check at autozone or somewhere to make sure.

murph013
12-07-2006, 03:00 PM
smoothie's always looking out for me when I have problems, it seems (well, like, twice now [cool]).

Anyway, I brought it in to have my snow tires changed over and I think they did something for me when it was in there, because it's been starting up fine ever since (plus I saw the hood up when it was in there, which I thought was odd... and my EQ settings were reset on my radio, and I didn't have one-touch down on my windows on the trip home).

burner799
12-07-2006, 03:27 PM
time to vag it then , right?

murph013
12-07-2006, 04:16 PM
yeah, that's a good idea... also with 3 audis in the family now, it wouldn't be a bad investment to pick one up for myself sometime in the future.