PDA

View Full Version : sound or looks?

JMaN06
12-05-2006, 05:59 AM
not sure how to do actual poll, so lets see what people think! i am undecided on what to buy and only have money for one or the other...no performance yet. i love the car the way it is..for now

looks:
1 pc. blacked headlights
1pc. blacked taillights
18" racing rims
35% front tinted windows, 25% backs and rear
black RS4 grill
1" lowering springs

or

sound:
7" touch screen DVD head unit
high quailty interior speakers with 4-channel 1000 watt amp
mofo-12 subs, 2400watt max, 1400 RMS
bandpass box
2000 watt amp
3 farad cap
2 gauge wiring kit

tanklee
12-05-2006, 06:07 AM
I would rather have looks.

94jedi
12-05-2006, 06:14 AM
scrap all that and get yourself a k04 setup or if you buy used, get a ATP elim kit.

But, in line with your thread, I'd say sound since you say you love the way the car looks now.

JMaN06
12-05-2006, 06:24 AM
no, i just love the car now. performance wise and just in general. but it either needs the sounds or looks..

a4cefed
12-05-2006, 06:26 AM
how can someone love the performance of a stock b5 ?
if you want looks then get suspension and wheels.

JMaN06
12-05-2006, 06:26 AM
i have always been a sound man...the most important thing. but shits so expensive. but maybe some rims and skimp on the interior speakers and amp

JMaN06
12-05-2006, 06:29 AM
because im a teen and once i get some more experience with drving and think i can handle all that power i will upgrade.

if i was doing performance i would only get chip, turbo back exahust, and intake

Neo1130
12-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by r12055ma4play
how can someone love the performance of a stock b5 ?

You ever driven a stock Civic, Taurus or Stratus?!

JMaN06
12-05-2006, 06:46 AM
yea...they dont compare to the power of a stock B5.

a4cefed
12-05-2006, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Neo1130

haha
good point [;)]

94jedi
12-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by JMaN06
i have always been a sound man...the most important thing. but shits so expensive. but maybe some rims and skimp on the interior speakers and amp

nice wheels and a drop would do your car VERY nicely.

johnnybravoa4
12-05-2006, 07:15 AM
well if your going with a bandpass box it would seam you dont like sound quality, if you have bose, and a bose amp the stock interiors sound exreamly well for stock speakers, when i installed my head-unit i was greatly surprised.. and Im a sound quality freak

allshowA4
12-05-2006, 07:53 AM
rims, tint and suspension first. imo. a side note about tint tho... i would do all the windows the same percentage. i have 15% all around and i really like it. i had what ur thinkin about doin and the windows are too different for my taste. that just my 2 cents tho

JMaN06
12-05-2006, 07:59 AM
good looks on the same percentage. i will do that.

and it doesnt have the bose system... am i am a ported bandpass man, sound quality.....

but i am thinking rims and drop after winter because we get some snow up here and thats where the quattro comes into play.

Cosmic Fur
12-05-2006, 08:34 AM
It depends on how much you love music man. Since you said rims and suspension can wait till after winter (which is a good idea), I wouldn't do any "look" upgrades unless I had the performance to back the looks up. So I'd choose sound. But I love a good tune almost as much as I like a spirited drive, so I'm a little biased. Besides, if you're going to be mostly driving the car, you'll appreciate the nice sounds everytime you drive a lot more than how it looks from outside when you're walking to it.

P.S. Props on being a teen and knowing you need some experience with the stock car before throwing a huge turbo on it and wrapping yourself around a pole.

sandnessmj
12-05-2006, 10:34 AM
am i am a ported bandpass man, sound quality.....

I don't understand how these can honestly be in the same sentence. Yes, for all those that will scoff, it is possible to get good SQ out of a bandpass box, but you REALLY need to know what you're doing. The average joe building his own bandpass is going for loud thumps at a certain freq. range.

IMO, if you REALLY want SQ, the best way to go is with a sealed box of the proper volume for the specific driver you're using. In car freq. response is generally flat due to cabin gain, whereas ported and bandpass boxes are more for showing your neighbors and the local would-be thieves that you have equipment to steal.

johnnybravoa4
12-05-2006, 10:47 AM
I agree... hey sandnessmj what do you think of the slot port design? been messing around with them for a little bit...

Originally posted by sandnessmj
I don't understand how these can honestly be in the same sentence. Yes, for all those that will scoff, it is possible to get good SQ out of a bandpass box, but you REALLY need to know what you're doing. The average joe building his own bandpass is going for loud thumps at a certain freq. range.

IMO, if you REALLY want SQ, the best way to go is with a sealed box of the proper volume for the specific driver you're using. In car freq. response is generally flat due to cabin gain, whereas ported and bandpass boxes are more for showing your neighbors and the local would-be thieves that you have equipment to steal.

onemoremile
12-05-2006, 11:12 AM
I've done them all. Ported and bandpass enclosures are for trying to boost a speaker's efficiency. The best audiophile sound (low Q) is going to come from a decent sized and very rigid sealed enclosure. If you don't have room for that then an aperiodic membrane is next on the list. If you can't do that then ported enclosure with a filter to kill everything below the port tuning frequency starts to make sense. A bandpass just screws with the sound too much. There are great ones out there but the other 99% of them are lacking. If you've room for a bandpass you've got room for a waveguide or folded horn. Both of those designs have higher efficiency and greater frequency extension.

A port is a replacement for displacement the same as a turbo is. It does a good job of faking it but it tweaks the curves a bit. You get more but over a narrower range.

My basement system unequalized is flat +/- 1dB from below 20hz to over 25k. F3 is 13Hz. Q is .6. The subs are designed with full range music but just happen to belt out 146.2 dB each at 1m. The entire room is a massive bandpass enclosure. The 10x30 room acts as the ported chamber with the doorway and stairway acting as the port. It amplifies the low frequencies in the room and kills the sound traveling upstairs.

I've been down this road several hundred times. A single high quality driver in a well built enclosure will sound better than multiple drivers. There are less nodal zones and less chance of them screwing with each other harmonically.

I ran a single Adire Audio Shiva 12" in a 1.5' fiberglass and carbon fiber enclosure in the rear quarter of my Jetta and it was amazing. The 1300w of clean power from a massive Harmon Kardon TC600 may have had something to do with it. For the money you're investing just follow my simpler plan with a McIntosh or similarly high quality amp. Audison is another solid brand. Massive branding campaigns are for companies that can't sell on SQ alone.

sandnessmj
12-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by onemoremile
Massive branding campaigns are for companies that can't sell on SQ alone.

Love this quote.[up]

A few other companies to check out (besides Adire):

-Elemental Designs (personal favorite of mine)
-Resonant Engineering
-CDT Audio
-Image Dynamics

There are many more to add to this list, but this is all I could think of off the top of my head...

BTW, here's a few auctions for older eD subs:

The A series subs absolutely pound. I had a 10a, and I wish I hadn't sold it.

onemoremile
12-05-2006, 11:47 AM
ED and ID subs rock. I've used ID subs and horns several times with excellent results.

e.van
12-05-2006, 11:56 AM
I'd rather have looks, but go lower than 1"!

offroader1006
12-05-2006, 11:58 AM
his post, four up, along w/ factory bose, is the reason i skipped sound, got wheels and a turbo.

id rather put all my time to learning about tuning, but very much kudo's for you that know it.

onemoremile
12-05-2006, 12:20 PM
I've always been tempted to do sound in the Audi but the Bose is just good enough to be tolerable. Some songs are just terrible but others are great. The Symphony Bose in the S4 Avant is much better than my Concert.

smoothie
12-05-2006, 12:55 PM
i would do a little of both. it doesn't take much to make these cars look clean as all hell and not much more to improve the sound system. thats the way i'm going. also i'm not driving a show car, i don't know about you?? :)

JMaN06
12-05-2006, 06:08 PM
nah...the car is for just making it enjoyable to me. and i like sound...so maybe that first. but as far as bandpass vs. sealed, i have always had good experience with bandpass and subs sound better with bandpass, if they suck. if they are good subs, then a bandpass with conceal their "actual sound" and make them sound "crappier," when in fact they are better. so maybe for the Power Acoustik Mofo-12 subs i am getting might be better in a sealed box.

when i said bandpass, sound quailty. that was sarcasim. like i said above, crappy subs sound decent in a bandpass, good subs sound distorted and lower quailty in a bandpass...now the choice is mine..

this is the bandpass i was going to get...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BANDPASS-DUAL-12-SUB-BOX-ENCLOSURE-HARDCORE-BASS_W0QQitemZ130053573830QQihZ003QQcategoryZ32823 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130053573830

give me some ideas on a sealed box...

sandnessmj
12-05-2006, 06:14 PM
this is the bandpass i was going to get...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BANDPASS-DUAL-12-SUB-BOX-ENCLOSURE-HARDCORE-BASS_W0QQitemZ130053573830QQihZ003QQcategoryZ32823 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130053573830

give me some ideas on a sealed box...

That's just a generic box. Wouldn't you rather get something that's at least tuned for your drivers?

For sealed, see what the recommended volume is for the drivers you have, then build a box. A sealed box isn't hard. Get creative and try your hand at fiberglass. There are a bunch of tutorials flying around on how to build your own FG enclosure. Then you'll have a nice sealed box that blends in with your trunk and minimizes the amount of space taken up.

Edit, I just looked up the Mofo's, and it seems they're not recommended for sealed enclosures. They're an SPL sub made to go in a ported box.

Euro Avant
12-05-2006, 06:14 PM
sound!

JMaN06
12-05-2006, 06:40 PM
thanks for that. i didnt know they recomended ported. i am looking at this now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300056699270&fromMakeTrack=true

seems to be best bang for the buck...

sandnessmj
12-05-2006, 06:53 PM
thanks for that. i didnt know they recomended ported. i am looking at this now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300056699270&fromMakeTrack=true

seems to be best bang for the buck...

Hey, the price isn't that bad, but if I were you, I'd download WinISD or some similar program, punch in the TS parameters for the subs you have and see exactly what kind of tuning you'll be getting out of that box.

JMaN06
12-05-2006, 06:57 PM
thanks...but thats one thing electronic i dont know..

sandnessmj
12-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Power Acoustik Mofo 12 TS specs from Power Acoustik website:
2400 watts power handling
1200 Watts RMS
270 oz . magnet
3¡± BASV/Kapton Hybrid 18 AWG Voice Coil
SPL 90 dB
Fs: 36.7 Hz
Vas: 0.73 cu.ft.
Qms: 5.34 ? Qes: 0.36 ? Qts: 0.3363
Xmax: 0.7"
Sealed box: N/A
Ported box: 2.4 cu..Ft.
Tuning: 40 Hz
Port size: 3¡± (dia)x 6.75¡± (length)
# of ports: 2
Mounting Depth: 6.75¡±

WinISD: http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisd

By the way, the recommended tuning is 40hz...definitely NOT a SQ driver.

audiluver
12-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by onemoremile
ED and ID subs rock. I've used ID subs and horns several times with excellent results.

+1 for ED subs! My friend is the owner.....www.edesignaudio.com

Ado
12-05-2006, 07:33 PM
i would go for the looks.

JMaN06
12-05-2006, 08:18 PM
whats an sq driver

JMaN06
12-05-2006, 08:23 PM
btw, ii just ordered my system up...

JMaN06
12-05-2006, 08:39 PM
okay, so as far as interior speakers, i guess 4" for the doors and 6.5"s for the rear, what are the best bang for the buck. im thinking $100 tops for the 4 speakers. what are the best sounding speaker forthis price? i know there are hundreds on topics on speakers, but i wanted specific answers, and just want some speaker feedback. cheap speakers that are loud and clear.

sandnessmj
12-05-2006, 09:24 PM
i know about stereos

A SQ driver is a speaker designed for sound quality...flat frequency response, tight bass, not sloppy, etc. An SPL driver is designed for high sound pressure levels, like in a competition or some kids fart box sub setup that wakes your neighborhood at 12am. SQL is structured query language...har har har...

What did you "order up" for a system?

Cheap speakers that are loud and clear...ummm...well, are you planning on replacing the tweeter and mid in the front door with a component set? Just replacing the midrange in the front door? Do you care about sound stage, imaging, etc.? What are you going to power them with, the head unit, or a separate amp?

BoostTed
12-06-2006, 01:12 AM
I hope you didnt order any of the stuff you listed.

sound:

high quailty interior speakers - whats your definition of high quality?

4-channel 1000 watt amp - A quality 4ch amp at 1000watts RMS will prob cost you more than your A4. You are probably looking at the peak numbers with is useless. Pay more attention to the THD% and S/N.

mofo-12 subs, 2400watt max, 1400 RMS- power acustic is pretty crappy

bandpass box - if you insist on running a box built for bass, run ported.

2000 watt amp - again a 2000 watt mono or two ch amp at least a quality one will cost you $1500-2K.

3 farad cap - absolutely useless. I ran a 15 farad because I was sponsored, but it did shit for me. The weakest point in the cars elec system is the alternator. If the alternator already has problems powering the amps, what makes you think adding another piece to the system that draws power from it is going to help. Invest in a drycell battery.

2 gauge wiring kit -

BoostTed
12-06-2006, 01:18 AM
okay, so as far as interior speakers, i guess 4" for the doors and 6.5"s for the rear, what are the best bang for the buck. im thinking $100 tops for the 4 speakers. what are the best sounding speaker forthis price? i know there are hundreds on topics on speakers, but i wanted specific answers, and just want some speaker feedback. cheap speakers that are loud and clear.

$100 bucks tops for 4 speakers?

You are in for a huge surprise. If that is your budget then stop all together. Any set of speakers that cost 50 bucks will be worse than what you already have. You are better off powering the stock speakers with an amp. You have to realize that more power is not better than clean power. The watt rating is pretty much all marketing, unless you put out the money and get something that puts out watts and doest it cleanly. At the lower to mid range level pay attention to THD and S/N.

JMaN06
12-06-2006, 07:27 AM
i am going to power the interior speakers with a 4 channel amp. and i bought speakers for my last vehicle that were $80 for 4 of them and they sounded crystal clear all the way up.

which brings me to my next question someone mentioned, where can i get a high power alternator?

this is what i got:(andi dont need critisism. i have ran some of these items before and loved them.)

Jensen 7" touch screen DVD player

Power acoustik 3 farad cap

power acoustik mofo-12 subs

power acoustik 2 gauge wiring kit

ported box, i took advice from a few of you and others and dropped the bandpass and went for ported

2000watt Volfenhag slim amp, i loved my last one, sounded great(btw, $150)

i might have forgot something... but thats so far. after christmas i am going to get 1200watt Volfenhag 4 channel amp(loved that too. btw, $120)

and then havent decided on the interior speakers yet. i may just run volfenhag speakers. i ran them last time and they sounded sooooo good and they were all $80. cant beat that. you'd be suprized. my last system was cheaper and wack. i had the best sounded system out of all of my friends, because i did it right. but need the interior speakers decided still..

d_maniac
12-06-2006, 07:53 AM
because im a teen and once i get some more experience with drving and think i can handle all that power i will upgrade.

if i was doing performance i would only get chip, turbo back exahust, and intake

damn teens usually WANT to go fast....pull your skirt down..

sandnessmj
12-06-2006, 08:28 AM
i bought speakers for my last vehicle that were $80 for 4 of them and they sounded crystal clear all the way up.
"Crystal clear" isn't the only way to judge the quality and output of a speaker. Go buy some walmart speakers if you want.

this is what i got:(andi dont need critisism. i have ran some of these items before and loved them.)
If you don't need any critisism, why do you keep asking for people's opinions on gear?

ported box, i took advice from a few of you and others and dropped the bandpass and went for ported
You went for a pre-fabbed ported box that most likely won't do your subs any justice. I'm sure they'll be loud, but they probably won't sound half as good as they could (and yes, I remember we're only talking about Power Acoustik here) if you'd spend a few minutes to get the proper box design.

i had the best sounded system out of all of my friends, because i did it right.
Did you do it "right" like you're doing this install? Because I'd hardly call what you're putting together a "quality install".

In the end, run what you want. I don't care. I won't have to hear it. But why ask a million questions on what to run and how to run it if you're just going to ignore any advice given?

johnnybravoa4
12-06-2006, 08:37 AM
souds like this guy is all about sound quality for sure..lol.. oh well cant win them all

Originally posted by sandnessmj
"Crystal clear" isn't the only way to judge the quality and output of a speaker. Go buy some walmart speakers if you want.

If you don't need any critisism, why do you keep asking for people's opinions on gear?

You went for a pre-fabbed ported box that most likely won't do your subs any justice. I'm sure they'll be loud, but they probably won't sound half as good as they could (and yes, I remember we're only talking about Power Acoustik here) if you'd spend a few minutes to get the proper box design.

Did you do it "right" like you're doing this install? Because I'd hardly call what you're putting together a "quality install".

In the end, run what you want. I don't care. I won't have to hear it. But why ask a million questions on what to run and how to run it if you're just going to ignore any advice given?

onemoremile
12-06-2006, 10:00 AM
I checked Volfenhag's site. It may be a "German Concept" but it looks like standard rebranded Pacific Rim crap.

For those that don't know how this stuff works let me shed some light on it. You want an audio equipment company without the hassle of actually having to hire and manage designers, engineers, and deal with all of the testing and UL approval headaches. So you form what is basically a marketing corporation and see what is available in the Taiwanese catalogs. Your primary contact (usually a rep for many pac rim companies) will handle coordination between the companies on that side of the world. All you need to do is pick your new products out of a catalog and specify color, finish, and branding. You order them in quantity and start selling.

Most companies like this don't know enough about their products to publish full spec sheets on them. They just know what they are given by their manufacturing reps and sell the product. These are the kind of products you see when you go to one of those huge sales advertised on the radio and held in an arena.

When I was in high school I got ahold of a catalog full of cheap audio equipment. It was what started me into the business. I sold Power Acoustik, Pyramid, Pyle, Crunch and started to pick up a few decent brands like HiFonics and SoundStream. I just checked google and found the site for that catalog. I wasn't surprised to see Volfenhag among the brands listed.
http://www.twhouse.com/

Some companies do end up doing some cool things and making on their own even though they started with this ready made business model. Audiobahn did it.

If you're interested in these cheap amp companies then also check out Diesel Audio. I bought a few amps from them when they first started several years ago. They are still going strong. I paid maybe 40-60 bucks for each amp.
http://dieselaudio.com/

onemoremile
12-06-2006, 10:07 AM
FWIW, that Pac-Rim business model is something I've used with bikes.

http://fairing.com/ Looks like a normal California shop but the vast majority of their business is imports. They gave me a catalog 3" thick with knockoffs of every new model available for 10 cents on the dollar. They rep all the companies in this consortium and handle everything. A friend went to Taiwan several times over the course of the project and saw American flag stickers with "Made in America" on them being put on Treks. Yeah, I was pissed too.

We had frames made in Taiwan and by a high respected custom builder in Colorado for more than 4 times the price. The Taiwanese frames were unbelievably high quality. Perfect welds and exacting attention to detail. We live in a crazy upside down backwards world.

ICEBIRGSLIM
12-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Neo1130
HaHa thats funny as hell cause i just drove my buddies stock taurus home from NY this past weekend. that things handling, acceleration.....basically overall the car just plain stinks.....

ICEBIRGSLIM
12-06-2006, 12:30 PM
I think all from the northeast should know with winter coming, looks should be a secondary thought. A nice drop and rims during 2ft snow won't do anybody any good. Since you will be running to get in the car from the cold i'd say do all of your stereo stuff during the winter. you get a chance to work the bugs out and really listen and fine tune everything since the windows will be up most of the time. then save your money for your cosmetics for when spring is rolling around. then you can crank your stereo up to make evry1 look at your exterior car mods! plus nice bass does a pretty good job of shaking the snow off of the car [;)] !

onemoremile
12-06-2006, 12:45 PM
The only looks mod I would do now is the Headlights. Some one piece projectors with a HID kit is more of a performance and safety mod than a purely cosmetic thing. Gotta remember that the lights help you see not just change the way you are seen.

ICEBIRGSLIM
12-06-2006, 01:14 PM
i hope you know you will have to find yourself a custom dashkit or modify the metra dashkit for the a6 if you have the double din bose deck. i went thru a whole bunch of crap trying to get a dashkit until i just finally had a quick custom one made.

JMaN06
12-06-2006, 04:51 PM
thanks ofor everything. and icebirgslim, metra makes the dash kit now....
sandmessnj, you make a good point. i was trying to get input on what i wanted to try out this time. but you guys make things complicated and assume i have great amounts of cash. i am on a tight budget and the items i purchased where on my budget and seem to be decent for everyday bass. if this system fails(will know beginning of january) then i will admit i suck at life and i will from now on take the advice of the guys on this forum. my only problem is price, thats why i went the direction i went. i dont have alot of money, the car was expensive enough to afford at 17.

JMaN06
12-06-2006, 04:54 PM
and btw icebirgslim, i have the double din audi symphony. thats what the metra is for..

sandnessmj
12-06-2006, 04:55 PM
thanks ofor everything. and icebirgslim, metra makes the dash kit now....
sandmessnj, you make a good point. i was trying to get input on what i wanted to try out this time. but you guys make things complicated and assume i have great amounts of cash. i am on a tight budget and the items i purchased where on my budget and seem to be decent for everyday bass. if this system fails(will know beginning of january) then i will admit i suck at life and i will from now on take the advice of the guys on this forum. my only problem is price, thats why i went the direction i went. i dont have alot of money, the car was expensive enough to afford at 17.

I get what you're saying. Having three girls around the house (wife, daughter, and dog) doesn't give me heaps of money to spend on toys, either. But I did a lot of research and found some quality gear that doesn't have the mainstream pricetag. Honestly, though, you never really answered my questions - what kind of music do you listen to mainly?

CaSp3r9
12-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by ICEBIRGSLIM
HaHa thats funny as hell cause i just drove my buddies stock taurus home from NY this past weekend. that things handling, acceleration.....basically overall the car just plain stinks.....

The only thing Ford has ever done right (aside from their Saleen's and Shelby's...and the GT40) is in their turbo diesel trucks, I love them. All of Ford's cars and SUV's suck IMO.

JMaN06
12-06-2006, 05:09 PM
sorry...im a rocker, mostly heavier stuff. but i listen to some eminem to get the subs hitting

JMaN06
12-06-2006, 05:10 PM
haha. i agree with taht too. i like the new GT40(ford gt) and i love powerstroke diesels =)

sandnessmj
12-06-2006, 05:17 PM
sorry...im a rocker, mostly heavier stuff. but i listen to some eminem to get the subs hitting

Seriously, for your next install, do yourself a favor and check out www.edesignaudio.com.

Your ears, music collection and wallet will thank you.

JMaN06
12-06-2006, 05:21 PM
i still interior speakers to buy...i dont seem to see speakers? do they sell 6 1/2's and 4"?

sandnessmj
12-06-2006, 05:29 PM
i still interior speakers to buy...i dont seem to see speakers? do they sell 6 1/2's and 4"?

Unfortunately they only have 6.5" components at this time. Look under the "eD[i]ntegrated" menu.

If you get a chance, hit them up on Live Support sometime. Ask for Chris (or Alex). They can definitely help you out.

JMaN06
12-06-2006, 05:31 PM
and you you honestly think ED subs are that good? power acoustiks were like $300 for the 2 of them with a 1200watt rms

JMaN06
12-06-2006, 05:37 PM
thanks sandnessmj... but what do oyu honestly think about Volfenhag interior speakers? i was very happy with my last set and for 2 4" speakers and 2 6.5" speakers it costs $75...

sandnessmj
12-06-2006, 05:41 PM
and you you honestly think ED subs are that good? power acoustiks were like $300 for the 2 of them with a 1200watt rms

1. Yes, I do think eD subs are that good. Are they the absolute loudest subs out there? No. (Well, the SPv.2 is supposed to be pretty damn loud.) Do they still get loud? Hell yes, and they sound tight and clean while doing it.

2. Just because a sub is rated to handle 1200 watts doesn't mean it's a good sub. Just because a sub costs $150 doesn't mean it's a good sub. I'm not going to be completely one sided here - I'm sure those Mofo's can get loud. In my opinion, though, the quality of sound that they put out would pale in comparison to a pair of 13Ov.2's - ported or sealed.

3. Call them or use the Live Support tool and see if you can get "forum pricing" for their products. Tell them Matt was shooting his mouth off on Audizine...haha

thanks sandnessmj... but what do oyu honestly think about Volfenhag interior speakers? i was very happy with my last set and for 2 4" speakers and 2 6.5" speakers it costs $75...

I don't have any personal experience with that brand, but I think onemoremile's comments further up say a lot.

JMaN06
12-06-2006, 05:46 PM
yea...i hear ya. and i think i will try ED subs for my next sub needs..

JMaN06
12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
and i will definitely let you know how the mofo's sound...my friend has some of the crappier, older model power acoustik in his WRX and they sound great. so im hoping these sound this good....shouldnt be to much longer now

JMaN06
12-06-2006, 05:55 PM
sorry, one more thing. in your opinion sandnessmj, what is the best bang for the buck for 4" and 6.5" speakers? like i said, i liked the sound of the volfenhags and they are $75...so im thinking like $150 for some better speakers...what do yo uthink i should get for that price range?