PDA

View Full Version : HELP Started Race Tec FMIC install but instructions missing

TurboLover
12-01-2006, 09:24 PM
I have the bumper off, headlights out, and started taking the pipe off the tubo, but notice my Race Tec box with FMIC is missing any instructions.

Was I supposed to get some instructions or figure it out on my own?

If I am to figure it out no big deal, I am sure everyone can help me out.

Does anyone have pics or instructions? Where does the cross brace bolt up (upper bolts or the lower ones). Did anyone have trouble with the cross brace? Mine seems to be a little a little too wide to fit.

How about the powersterring cooler, do you just bend it up out of the way or does it unbolt and get mounted up higher?

Please help a brother out, thanks.

TurboLover
12-02-2006, 06:23 AM
I am up and going at it again. Anyone know if I need to do the install in a certain order or can it I just wing it?

Anyone have any tips that will help? I will check back later after the first pot of coffee.

ny02s4
12-02-2006, 07:26 AM
I would call them and have the directions sent to you in a PDF file ASAP.

fred2ka4
12-02-2006, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by ny02s4
I would call them and have the directions sent to you in a PDF file ASAP.

You can also have them faxed to you.

A little old school ..... [:D]

TurboLover
12-02-2006, 07:51 AM
I emailed him late last night and he responded quickly with the word doc for the install, thanks Russell

Question
How do you get the stock IC out? I can't seem to figure this one out almost like it doesn't have enough room. Any ideas?

1.8G
12-02-2006, 08:19 AM
You have to drop out the housing and everything... you will free up a lot of room.

TurboLover
12-02-2006, 09:02 AM
I checked my Bentley it says something about a lock carrier, I heading to the garage, but does anyone have tips on this thing?

Jason84
12-02-2006, 10:44 AM
i didnt get mine either but after i talked with the guy i understood it pretty well

id post up some pics but my friends got them on his camera.

also you probably have to cut some of your front plastic so the pipes fit. once you get it started you will see how it goes kinda.

and did you get the dominator core or the regular one? if you got the dominator be ready for about 2-3 hours of cutting 6 if you dont have the right tools or if the air cutter freezes up on you every 15 minutes :)

SoFresh
12-02-2006, 11:43 AM
It really shouldnt be all that hard without instructions..., theres piping... brackets... and the FMIC, just search for pics of FMICs on here and youll see many pics.

TurboLover
12-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks guys, Russell at Race Tec emailed me the install doc and Yippers clued me in on the bolts that need to taken out to loosen up the front end for the IC.

Its in, not just the tweaking of the pipes and cranking down the clamps. Can't wait to take it for a ride!

fred2ka4
12-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Make sure to post up some pics.

docurley
12-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Just loged on and saw this I could have posted up a load of pic's of my instal but you seem to have it in hand.[wrench]