PDA

View Full Version : "Euro Spec" springs for S4

heliskyr
12-01-2006, 01:35 AM
I was talking to a guy at a local Audi tuner shop and he suggested I get the "Euro Spec" springs for my S4 to reduce ride height and body sway. He said the European versions of the S4 have different springs than the US version.

Is this true? i haven't heard of anyone buying "Euro Spec" (ie. Audi OEM European) springs, but rather some other aftermarket springs and/or coilovers.

jeremy@matrix
12-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by heliskyr
I was talking to a guy at a local Audi tuner shop and he suggested I get the "Euro Spec" springs for my S4 to reduce ride height and body sway. He said the European versions of the S4 have different springs than the US version.

Is this true? i haven't heard of anyone buying "Euro Spec" (ie. Audi OEM European) springs, but rather some other aftermarket springs and/or coilovers.

Hi Doug,

Sometimes vehicles overseas have springs that lower the vehicle more than the stock US market springs do.

I am honestly not sure however if there are "Euro" springs for your B7. Does anyone else know?

heliskyr
12-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks for your reply. Based on what I have been reading in the various forums, it sounds as though going the coilover route is the way to go if I want to lower the car a little but maintain a good quality ride (firm, but not harsh or bouncy.

I'm now looking at which coilovers for a mainly street application.

jeremy@matrix
12-08-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by heliskyr
Thanks for your reply. Based on what I have been reading in the various forums, it sounds as though going the coilover route is the way to go if I want to lower the car a little but maintain a good quality ride (firm, but not harsh or bouncy.

I'm now looking at which coilovers for a mainly street application.

You're very welcome.

I would agree on coilovers.

We'd highly recommend STaSIS' products as they've been engineered specifically for your Audi;

STaSIS TrackSport coilover kit for B6/B7 S4, B7 RS4; 4 STaSIS custom-valved KONI dampers; double digressive damping; single adjustable (rebound), wide band; adjustable while installed on vehicle; silver chromate plated threaded steel damper bodies; height adjustable; STaSIS mounting hardware; 4 linear rate Hyperco springs; 450 lb. to 1000 lb. spring rates; balanced and adjusted on SPA damper dynamometer
$2095

STaSIS MotorSport coilover kit for B6/B7 S4, B7 RS4; 4 STaSIS valved OHLINS dampers w/ external front reservoirs, double digressive damping, external damping adjustability (comfort & performance), adjustable while installed on vehicle, lightweight aluminum threaded damper bodies, height adjustable, 4 linear rate Hyperco springs, 450 lb. to 1000 lb. spring rates, balanced and adjusted on SPA damper dynamometer
$3895

LMK how we can help!