PDA

View Full Version : First 6 people get them......

fred2ka4
11-30-2006, 09:37 PM
The molds for the doors are almost done, and Fiber Images has told me they will make 6 sets. So the first six people who want in will be able to get a full set of doors. The permanant molds will be done in 2 weeks and they will be making a set every week. First come first serve. PM me with any questions, or your info if you are serious. I know a lot of people will be interested, but please contact me only if you are serious about getting a set. They may be willing to make more depending on the number of people interested.

Fred

Genix
11-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Wish I had money.

ExpLlclT
11-30-2006, 11:00 PM
damn can't wait to photoshoot your car

ActiveMonkey
12-01-2006, 12:18 AM
How much will they be asking for?

tunerb5
12-01-2006, 12:41 AM
3200 for a set i believe

burner799
12-01-2006, 12:42 AM
damn

fred2ka4
12-01-2006, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by tunerb5
3200 for a set i believe

If the order goes above 6 the price will go down .... [:D]

MultiAudis
12-01-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm sure everyone would like them, but b5s are old and cheap, and that is pretty steep... good luck though! Maybe there are 6 people hardcore enough?

fred2ka4
12-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by MultiAudis
I'm sure everyone would like them, but b5s are old and cheap...

SSSSSSSHHHHH ......

What were you thinking?!?! ... [eek] ... She might hear you .....

Don't worry, he didn't mean it ... [:D]

SeanF
12-01-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm sure everyone would like them, but b5s are old and cheap, and that is pretty steep... good luck though! Maybe there are 6 people hardcore enough?

i dont want to lump audis with nissans and hondas but so are 240sx's and civics but people still buy them and spend thousands on them... whats your point?

MultiAudis
12-01-2006, 09:13 AM
you really dont get the point?

Maybe there are 6 people hardcore enough?

I didn't say it wouldn't happen, I said it would take some hardcore people, the same as you described regarding the other models... that was the point... didnt mean to offend

MultiAudis
12-01-2006, 09:19 AM
and by the way, I have my fingers crossed that people get them, I love the idea and for some people it will be a great fit for their needs. I really just wanna see them on some cars!!

Militant-Grunt
12-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by fred2ka4
SSSSSSSHHHHH ......

What were you thinking?!?! ... [eek] ... She might hear you .....

Don't worry, he didn't mean it ... [:D]

She's parked 7 blocks away..

Those doors are litterally half the value of my A4 =O.

AudiBoy808
12-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Hey Fred, that's good to hear but I'll wait till you get yours and post up pics so I can check it out first and see if you have any issues with them. Then I'll commit plus I might be getting an S4 too so not sure. Definitely a big commit but will be sweet for the show circuit next year if I decide to buy. Because no one on this island has CF doors yet. Hey did you hear anything from boostinmr2 on the doors he's also from HI I know he was thinking about it too. So far me and him are going the same route but he has more money so he's ahead of me as far as installations. I'll check with him to see if he's going to order them.

fred2ka4
12-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Just tell him to check out this thread and decide, because once the 6 sets are made I don't know how long it will be before the next run. He can also go to Fiber Images website to see the quality of their work.

http://fiberimages.com/main.html

juju4uofa
12-01-2006, 05:30 PM
hhmmm... CF doors or BT. I guess if you already have a BT and have some money to kill. Definetely cool, but I think I'd rather by a Miata.

Poopie
12-01-2006, 05:36 PM
I guess its for the 99.5+ models because of the door handles. Something potential buyers should be aware of so they can purchase the handles.

fred2ka4
12-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Poopie
I guess its for the 99.5+ models because of the door handles. Something potential buyers should be aware of so they can purchase the handles.

This is correct as the doors are being designed from a 2000 A4 model .... [:D]

Diesel_A4
12-01-2006, 08:29 PM
lol...I wish i had 3200 dollars to piss away on CF doors

what a waste imo

fred2ka4
12-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Diesel_A4
lol...I wish i had 3200 dollars to piss away on CF doors

what a waste imo

Don't we all waste money in our cars one way or another? Putting money into a car is not an investment, but a hobby.

Maybe some people have more money to waste than others. On the B6 forums there is some guy who is trying to sell his Audi for 60k, and he says he has over 100k into the car, but I don't hear the guy complaining about not having enough money or not being able to eat. To each his own.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106924

fred2ka4
12-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by ExpLlclT
damn can't wait to photoshoot your car

Thanks...

Sushi_Turbo should be getting his car back pretty soon, so we should plan on a day, and a nice spot. I'm down, just let me know when. I think all three cars together would look awsome as a photoshoot ....... [:D] [up]

Diesel_A4
12-02-2006, 07:44 AM
No I agree with you, its a hobby more than anything and believe me, If I had the money to spend id have just as much in my car as anyone else lol

But I dont think ill ever be to the point where im gonna spend money on CF doors lol

do you plan on getting them painted?

AB18
12-02-2006, 08:12 AM
What a waste, honestly. Anyone who speeds 3200 on cf doors is just retarded unless its a full blown race car.

Aliel
12-02-2006, 08:56 AM
AudiBoy18 weren't you the weight reduction freak back in the day? So you would rather have no seats and have regular door?

I think what Fred is doing to his car is classy and he is not loosing functionability and comfort. Also it's beacuse of him that we have a chance to have carbon fiber doors.

I would do the carbon fiber doors myself but not at this moment. I have a couple of other projects that I started with my car that need cash to get finished. Afterwards I would really consider getting them if I have leftover cash.

fred2ka4
12-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by AB18
What a waste, honestly. Anyone who speeds 3200 on cf doors is just retarded unless its a full blown race car.

Well I'm sure you've done some retarded things in your life as well, but you don't hear me putting you down for it. What's the difference between 3200 for cf doors, or 3200 for turbo upgrades?

The difference is the person who is buying it! One thing might be important to one, while the other has different values. But that does not mean anyone is wrong. If I played golf and went out and spent 10k on clubs would that make me retarded? No, because it's what I like, even if I'm not a pro.

There have been plenty of people here who have done things differently than I would have, and when I don't like it you know what I do? I go on to the next thread. I don't post that it is a waste and that they are retarded, unless they REALLY REALLY deserve it .... [:D]

My point is if we all did things the same, we would all have the same mods and nothing to talk about, and the automotive industry that thrives off of us and for us would not exist. I remember when I saw the first eclipse flip up moniter, and thought, "WOW" and now moniters are standard features on some cars. The new Corvette has carbon fiber body parts on it to reduce weight, but it is not a track car. Like I said before to each his/her own.

Peace, Fred

b5pusher
12-02-2006, 03:29 PM
fred, are they going to include carbon fiber door handles?

fred2ka4
12-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by b5pusher
fred, are they going to include carbon fiber door handles?

Not that I know of, but it wouldn't be hard to do at this stage. I will ask.

sushi_turbo
12-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by fred2ka4
Thanks...

Sushi_Turbo should be getting his car back pretty soon, so we should plan on a day, and a nice spot. I'm down, just let me know when. I think all three cars together would look awsome as a photoshoot ....... [:D] [up]

Fred I just picked up the car today after a week in the shop and everything looks AMAZING. We should plan a photoshoot on Sunday or Monday during the day, when you're off!

fred2ka4
12-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by sushi_turbo
Fred I just picked up the car today after a week in the shop and everything looks AMAZING. We should plan a photoshoot on Sunday or Monday during the day, when you're off!

Monday in the morning would be good. Damn, now I have to wash the car. I just got through changing my fuel filter, and discovered that one of the straps that holds the tank was bent so I am going to order a new one on Monday. Let me know what time works for you guys.

Later, Fred