PDA

View Full Version : clutch question, yes i searched....

smoothie
11-30-2006, 07:37 PM
alright so i'm changing my clutch in my 2.8 12v. it has about 82 thousand miles on it, i kindof figured that the clutch would last longer than that.... but you never know with previous owners. so any ways i've got the clutch out and everything and it's really still in decent shape. the wear indicators ar worn down unless the factor clutch doesn't have any cut into it. so i compared it to the new disc (SB DXD rally) and it's not much thinner than the new one... I'm hoping that i am not doing this for a no good reason. I have read a lot on this and i do realize that it is common on these audi's that the clutch doesn't engage until the pedal is out quite a ways. I check the hydraulic system and the fluid was fine i bled the line and everything and nothing changed. what i was wondering is if there is some kind of adjustment on the clutch pedal itself? what else i was thinking is maybe the pressure plate was just getting weak, but the clutch wasn't slipping so that kind of ruled out that idea... any help or sugestions are greatly appreciated in advance. thanks fellas.[a4]

smoothie
11-30-2006, 08:17 PM
anybody? please? do you guys not like me:(....

Poopie
11-30-2006, 08:28 PM
The clutch release is damn near the top for my and my stock clutch is holding just fine with my k04. I have a light weight flywheel just itching to be installed once i get a good clutch though

smoothie
11-30-2006, 08:32 PM
hmmm see mine was fine too really just the grab point was way out... thats why i'm wondering if there is any adjustment any where that can alter this. i don't like the feel of it and it's been kind of hard to get used to....oh well new clutch goes in anyway. thanks for the input [up]

Poopie
11-30-2006, 08:33 PM
What clutch did you get? There is no adjustment because it is a self adjusting hydrolic clutch

sean1.8t
11-30-2006, 08:38 PM
you'll get used to the engagement sooner or later.. when i drive other cars like my brother nissan or my other brothers WRX i like mine better now

smoothie
11-30-2006, 08:43 PM
i got a SB DXD RALLY(stage 1)

searched even more.... found that there is no adjustment....that is besides the fact that it is a hydraulic clutch!!! some cars have and adjuster screw where the pedal assembly connects to the master cylinder. thanks for the help anyway. sorry, will search even more next time. :)

Poopie
11-30-2006, 08:50 PM
you will also find that the south bend clutches have a stock feel and the release point is almost the same.

smoothie
11-30-2006, 08:53 PM
ya this is what i have read.... kinda ticks me off cuz i would have been fine with this clutch for many many more miles by the looks of it...:( i would try and fab up something to change the engagment point but i wouldn't want to do something that would cause the clutch to slip. some things you just have to get used to i guess...

Poopie
11-30-2006, 08:58 PM
You learn to like it. Makes shifting super quick though since you don't need to push the clutch all the way down to dissengage.

Militant-Grunt
11-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Poopie
You learn to like it. Makes shifting super quick though since you don't need to push the clutch all the way down to dissengage.

Werd. Everytime my dad moves my car (alternate side parking I dont like waking up for.. ) he complains soo much about that clutch, but really though you learn to like it a lot.