PDA

View Full Version : suspension mod?

AUD-A4
11-28-2006, 04:28 PM
hey guys i have a budget of 200-250 on springs,wat wld u guys suggest for a 98 audi a4 quattro. i will be buying f/r sway bars in the near future,and maybe some performance shocks
thanx
-mandoh

ridelikeme
11-28-2006, 04:37 PM
dude learn to ****ing search, and read the newb thread. your going to annoy alot of people

sandnessmj
11-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Is this thread going to get "Zoolanderized" as well?

ridelikeme
11-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by sandnessmj
Is this thread going to get "Zoolanderized" as well?

its looking that way... cause i wouldnt mind spraying these newbs down with gasoline and waitin for a spark [headbang]

edit: actually there is one newb that shows promise...RJW01A4Q

AUD-A4
11-28-2006, 04:46 PM
woah guys srry,just asking for opinions

sandnessmj
11-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ridelikeme
its looking that way... cause i wouldnt mind spraying these newbs down with gasoline and waitin for a spark [headbang]

Heh...take it easy, man! Might as well laugh at it, because it's going to keep happening over and over and over...

Just think of it as comic relief!

sandnessmj
11-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by AUD-A4

The word is "sorry", not "srry". The "o" is located between the "i" and "p" on the keyboard.

If you click here (http://www.audizine.com/forum/search.php?s=) you might the opinions that you're looking for. If you need help with the search function, well then, I don't know what to tell you. Go to www.google.com until you figure it out, and then come back.

ridelikeme
11-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by AUD-A4

just search. there are tons of threads on suspension. spring, coliovers, sway bars, camber, offset, everything... serious go read the newb thread it is helpful

Mad_Audi
11-28-2006, 04:50 PM
i learned really quick on these boards to search to find what i'm looking for. if u dont, either bump a thread that somewhat pertains to your question and if there is nothing close THEN you make your own thread.

btw dont let the post count fool you, my 300 previous posts got wiped out when those tards decided to mess up this fantastic forum

AUD-A4
11-28-2006, 05:28 PM
ok guys,i catch the drift!!!!

4ringAR
11-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Vogtland Sport Springs @ PURE motorsport.

$190 + shipping

smoothie
11-28-2006, 06:02 PM
maaan you guys are harsh. don't worry about it i'm a noob too but...i didn't ask questions like that....?? i've been on another forum for over a year now, and just now i joined this one. save yourself a flaming and search. but don't get discourage by this thread here you started, just try and not pull dumb chit like that. good luck on your next post/thread.

e.van
11-28-2006, 06:21 PM
(Don't worry about all the haters here on Haterzine...)

I got some Neuspeed Race springs for ~$200 shipped. They look great IMO.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/adamsonem/avant_prelude_wrx_14oct06/DSC04512.jpg

AUD-A4
11-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by e.van

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/adamsonem/avant_prelude_wrx_14oct06/DSC04512.jpg

thanx,yea i was leaning towards the neuspeed,but i'm also debating whether to get the eibach pro kit or the H&R sport spings from tirerack.your avant looks great!!! love that color

AUD-A4
11-28-2006, 06:31 PM
what kind of drop do you have on those neuspeed springs by the way?

e.van
11-28-2006, 06:55 PM
They said 2"f/2"r. I'm sure if I got decent shocks they'd be a little lower too.

This is what it looked like, so I'm sure it was all of the 2" they claimed...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/adamsonem/avant_and_downtown_2/DSC04368.jpg

4ringAR
11-28-2006, 07:11 PM
wow, that really makes me want to drop my avant now.....[up]

you need to tint your windows though. you have a nice color combo with green and then black/anthracite. tinted windows will look great, and while keeping the interior cooler in the summer, being a theft deterrant, and helps keeps out the UV rays.

AUD-A4
11-28-2006, 07:12 PM
thanx your info is greatly appreciated!!!

smoothie
11-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by e.van

very cool i love the color...looks like a winter green lol. also i'm diggin' the color match on the wheels[up] way to work with what you got, props to you my friend.

tanklee
11-28-2006, 07:26 PM
my H&R race springs look lower...maybe cuz its on koni shocks... wish i went with something more conservative like eibach prokit or sport springs.

SeanF
11-28-2006, 09:14 PM
i have an eibach pro kit, and like it... i would love stiffer springs, but i dont want to deal with rattles more than i do now...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/643000-643999/643733_35_full.jpg

e.van
11-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by 4Ring_Jelly
wow, that really makes me want to drop my avant now.....[up]

you need to tint your windows though. you have a nice color combo with green and then black/anthracite. tinted windows will look great, and while keeping the interior cooler in the summer, being a theft deterrant, and helps keeps out the UV rays.

Yea I definitely want tint. I had it on a previous car and LOVED it! Plus, yea it would look mass good.

Also, thanks for the comments. It's all about the Audis!

[a4]

ExpLlclT
11-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ridelikeme
dude learn to ****ing search, and read the newb thread. your going to annoy alot of people

thats why i hate this forum sorry about that i had the same questions as you

Mad_Audi
11-28-2006, 10:55 PM
I was hating.....I was just letting the guy know there is a vast archive of audi knowledge at our disposal. =)

AUD-A4
11-29-2006, 07:13 AM
i was just asking on how people liked there springs. i'm debating whether or not to get the eibach pro kit,or the H&R sport springs. the race springs bring the car down way to low,and i don't have money right now to replace my shocks w/ performance ones. that's the point i was trying to get at.

Poopie
11-29-2006, 08:11 AM
honestly, do it right the first time to save you the trouble later on. Can't wait till after winter to save up for struts too? You still run the risk of blowing your stock struts with sport lowering springs.

AUD-A4
11-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Poopie
honestly, do it right the first time to save you the trouble later on. Can't wait till after winter to save up for struts too? You still run the risk of blowing your stock struts with sport lowering springs.

i plan on buying the springs now but they won't be put on the car till after winter. then when the springs go on,i'll probally have saved up for sway bars, and then i would do the shocks. i dont no if there is a difference but my bro has a spec-v and he bought eiback race springs,and 1yr later he blew his shocks. he didnt replace them b/c he was able to deal with the ride. and i've driven in it many times and it wasn't a problem. but it could be different for the a4. do u think i can run w/ blown shocks as bad as that sounds?

SeanF
11-29-2006, 10:02 AM
why you would want to, i dont know...

id rather have stock performance than lowered shitty performance...

nice springs with blown shocks are a downgrade from stock suspension.

i had an eibach pro-kit on for a while, and i eventually got shocks. yes my shocks were going bad, i think that had less to do with the aftermarket springs and more to do with the shocks having 115k miles on them.

they only have an estimated lifetime of 110k miles...

either way, your going to want new ones...

loustylez
11-29-2006, 10:13 AM
might as well ask in here...

this is probably a noob question, but i'm a little confused.

i know there's generally speaking 2 options for suspension:

people get springs + shocks or they get coilovers.

i've decided on Bilstein PSS9's but i started thinking...

do i need springs too when i get those? are they just going to use my stock sport springs or do they come with their own setup? besides adjustability, i guess i'm unclear as to the differences between a spring/shock setup and a coilover setup.

AUD-A4
11-29-2006, 10:35 AM
well i deffinetly don't want to sacrifice my handeling(point of having performance springs), i have 100k on the car and the suspension still seems to be running strong on my car,looks like they have been replaced before i bought the car,however if i buy the eibach pro kit would i have to buy shocks or can my stock suspension handle them?

e.van
11-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Well technically, unless you're bagged or whatever, every car has coilovers. It's the adjustability you pay for.

loustylez
11-29-2006, 11:18 AM
i got my question answered from a local shop tech.

in other news, made an appointment at my shop next friday for:
1. OEM rotors and Hawk HPS pads all the way around
2. tie rod ends were going out, being replaced with S4's.
3. Bilstein PSS9's

can't wait to see my baby with a proper stance!

Originally posted by loustylez
might as well ask in here...

this is probably a noob question, but i'm a little confused.

i know there's generally speaking 2 options for suspension:

people get springs + shocks or they get coilovers.

i've decided on Bilstein PSS9's but i started thinking...

do i need springs too when i get those? are they just going to use my stock sport springs or do they come with their own setup? besides adjustability, i guess i'm unclear as to the differences between a spring/shock setup and a coilover setup.

S4 in_lowplaces
11-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by sandnessmj
The word is "sorry", not "srry". The "o" is located between the "i" and "p" on the keyboard.

If you click here (http://www.audizine.com/forum/search.php?s=) you might the opinions that you're looking for. If you need help with the search function, well then, I don't know what to tell you. Go to www.google.com until you figure it out, and then come back.

Thats pretty sad that you are correcting him on his spelling and your sentences arent making sense. WTF is does "You might the opinions that your looking for" Mean. Dumb $hit!!

loustylez
11-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by S4 in_lowplaces
Thats pretty sad that you are correcting him on his spelling and your sentences arent making sense. WTF is does "You might the opinions that your looking for" Mean. Dumb $hit!!

wtf does "WTF is does" mean, dumb shit.

everyone just cheeeeeeeeeeel.

sandnessmj
11-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by S4 in_lowplaces

Damn, busted me. Oh well, at least it was just a typing oversight. Sometimes my brain is faster than my fingers...but only sometimes...[:D]

smoothie
11-29-2006, 12:13 PM
man you guys have to lighten up. stop being all macho and cool, get real. I'm in freaking high school and feel that i'm more mature than you, thats freakin' sad...

AUD-A4
11-29-2006, 12:50 PM
ok all this crap needs to end,i started this thread for info,not for people to rampage on others.everyone take a breather!!! i thought this forum was for audi owners who love there cars,they shouldn't have to go on a forum and deal with a**holes.lets all chill out including myself and be helpful to one another.