PDA

View Full Version : Giac or someone else? 2001 chip upgrade...

s4fanatic
11-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Alright, im a newby to the engine mods. first car that i actually gave a f about. what i meant to ask was what works best on the dbw 2001's.. Just wondering if anyone has had more than 1 different kinds of chips? its seems most of u have apr or giac. i will do giac probably because i will go k04 if my car still runs clean by the time i can afford it.
Anybody in CT or MA that sells upgrades for my ecu, giac,apr,neuspeed?
Is there anybody capable of getting a group buy on chips for B5 A4s 2000+ or interested? Any suggestions?
Anybody with a new chip/ used i could get for a good deal?
thanks & for those who feel the need to give me your two sense, i dont give a f.

sean1.8t
11-27-2006, 10:17 PM
OMFG!

BranCKY3
11-27-2006, 10:22 PM
THIS FORUM IS SO GOOD.

JumboBlack1.8
11-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Search buddy...

RudeBwoi
11-27-2006, 11:22 PM
s4 they are mad because you didnt search before you posted. Anyways, depending on where you live in CT you have a GIAC or APR dealer, or can send out to get Dahlback'd. The best chip is whatever shop is closest to you for tech support, and also what mods you plan to do in the future. Like stated earlier, you should search theres alot of info on it. You can also PM since i live in CT and can tell you about some local shops.

burner799
11-27-2006, 11:31 PM
well damn, sinc eyou were SERIOUSLY thinking aobut it, its a whole different story. honestly this is getting quite annoying. I know i was a newb not long ago at all but its just starting to be ridiculous in here.

greenz
11-28-2006, 01:25 AM
just buy the first one that is from a 01. CH or M box.

kjgarreau
11-28-2006, 06:59 AM
http://www.modifieda4.com/web/caps/b518-new.html

If you want to compare apples to apples. It lists everyone's CAPS times (a performance measurement based off the S4 guys') along with their mods, year of their car, chip used, everything. It's not authoritative, it's simply a hobbyist site that will show you what "times" people are making.

s4fanatic
11-28-2006, 09:22 AM
i have searched. i know how cocky some of you are, thats why i cant sit on these forums & read ur bs talk all night, it gets so annoying. i just wanted to make a thread to see if i can get a good deal in CT or MA from somewhere i didnt already know about. i know the differences between GIAC & APR, its not like i just posted this so i can get what you have.

RudeBwoi
11-28-2006, 10:31 AM
you have momentum tuning in wallingford, and some apr dealer in danbury i believe

LateraLex
11-28-2006, 10:34 AM
GIAC-X from KTR in Ayer, MA. Or you could get MTM software through Status Auto in NH.

maxspeed
11-28-2006, 11:20 AM
theres a revo dealer in danbury, a giac dealer in norwalk, and an apr dealer in hartford, not to mention numerous other giac and apr dealers scattered around the constitution state

s4fanatic
11-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Anyone have Revo Technik or dahlback?

MultiAudis
11-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by s4fanatic
i have searched. i know how cocky some of you are, thats why i cant sit on these forums & read ur bs talk all night, it gets so annoying. i just wanted to make a thread to see if i can get a good deal in CT or MA from somewhere i didnt already know about. i know the differences between GIAC & APR, its not like i just posted this so i can get what you have.

If it's bs talk, then go ask somewhere else...

Monkeyboy
11-28-2006, 12:38 PM
I have a Revo chip on my 2001 A4 1.8TQMS AWM engine. Love it. No issues whatsoever.
Also can use a handheld pluggable device to switch between chipped / stock / 100 octane / kill. Let me know if you want more info.

MultiAudis
11-28-2006, 12:41 PM
btw there are also regional forums you can post in to address people who may have local knowledge to provide to you

LODOSS
11-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Thats why i always tell people. if you don't have anything nice to say.. why spend the time to post "OMFG" ..

bassed
11-28-2006, 01:19 PM
You could take a drive up to TJM in N.H. for the Dahlbach or ask Justin517 on AW where he got his (he's in CT). But honestly the X-Chip is tried and true I love mine:) It's ironic to me that AZ is now far more uptight than AW sometimes!

JumboBlack1.8
11-28-2006, 02:16 PM
I just got a Dahlback ECU last week and its amazing. With stock programming, I was peaking around 10psi and holding around 8psi. But now I'm holding around 18psi (according to my boost gauge....hopefully not wrong...haha). It seriously pulls so hard in ALL gears. I haven't driven a GIAC-X chipped car, but Dahlback is soooo smooth and powerful, while I've heard the X-chip can be torquey. Heres a link to an AW comparison. Hope this helps...

http://search.audiworld.com/search.html