PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket



savetheclutch
11-27-2006, 02:23 PM
...

00black1.8t
11-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Karma, sorry that sucks.

Quattrocket
11-27-2006, 02:36 PM
ouch, no racing charge though???? theres good news. the other night I had a little run with a nissan SER then found out that two guys got nailed for racing up the road around the same time.

sandnessmj
11-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by andresito360
I love to street race, i go fast every day but it sucks to get a speeding ticket when you are not actually racing. Got a ticket for going 34 over the speed limit "55", now I have 5 points and a $200 ticket... that blows

So you were going 89 in a 55 and didn't expect to get a ticket?

RyanSA4
11-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by sandnessmj
So you were going 89 in a 55 and didn't expect to get a ticket?

seriously, and you're wishing you would have got it for "street racing" instead?

Hugh Jass
11-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Speed and you get a ticket?? ...weird how that works.

pipe7284
11-27-2006, 03:38 PM
my brother got a ticket for racing on freeway, and wreckless driving.
judge said, one year DL suspention and $245 court fees.
my brother was so damn stupid that he kept on driving and kept on geting more tickets for driving with a suspended DL withou knowledge, until one cop said "ok thats enough for you" took him to jail for like two days, i recvd a call from him to go pick him up.

bellofello
11-27-2006, 03:41 PM
damn in Canada they just passed a law this year, if you get caught street racing, your car get impounded and crushed automatically.

sandnessmj
11-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by bellofello
damn in Canada they just passed a law this year, if you get caught street racing, your car get impounded and crushed automatically.

Haha...that should cut down on some street racing!

bellofello
11-27-2006, 03:57 PM
lol they televised it on the news when they crushed them. Even if your driving someone elses car, or your parents it still gets crushed. I remember some kids got caught in their daddy's lexus racing and.... creushed

I'll try to find the news cast.

*edit*http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_1233.aspx there isn't a video but the picture sums it up lol.

sean1.8t
11-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 00black1.8t
Karma

MultiAudis
11-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by sandnessmj
So you were going 89 in a 55 and didn't expect to get a ticket?


Originally posted by RyanSA4
seriously, and you're wishing you would have got it for "street racing" instead?

94jedi
11-27-2006, 04:49 PM
89 in a 55??? LOL! you were asking for it bud. We ALL race, anyone who says they don't is lying but 89 in a 55 and you weren't racing? What did you expect?

gotta pay to be stupid I guess.

d_maniac
11-27-2006, 05:03 PM
That’s nothing I was cruising up the hutch north and got caught doing 81 in 50 zone on top of that the cop game my two other tickets for "following to closely" and improper lane switch"

so i'm facing 14 point in one stop.....

94jedi
11-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by d_maniac
so i'm facing 14 point in one stop.....

Lol, in NY, isn't that jail time? no parole? lol

maxspeed
11-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by d_maniac
That’s nothing I was cruising up the hutch north and got caught doing 81 in 50 zone on top of that the cop game my two other tickets for "following to closely" and improper lane switch"

so i'm facing 14 point in one stop.....


i ****ing hate the hutch! cops everywhurr
and now that they repaved the sawmill, they invaded that road!

but yea, dont complain when you get caught for doing something wrong.

sandnessmj
11-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by d_maniac
so i'm facing 14 point in one stop.....

Ouch...in CT if you plead no contest and pay the fine, you don't get the points, to my knowledge...

Cosmic Fur
11-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by bellofello
lol they televised it on the news when they crushed them. Even if your driving someone elses car, or your parents it still gets crushed. I remember some kids got caught in their daddy's lexus racing and.... creushed

I'll try to find the news cast.

*edit*http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_1233.aspx there isn't a video but the picture sums it up lol.

Yeah, that sucks, but at least our weed laws are pretty lax. :P And there's a lot less cops crawling around than in the States.

I don't think they'll be crushing EVERY car pulled over for street racing though - that's too many to crush, imo. Probably only repeat offenders. Also, laws like this have a double-edge - if you're racing in a car you dumped 10-20G in and you see a cop try to pull you over, there is almost no incentive for you not to run cause you're going to get ass raped out of your car if you're stopped anyway. So might as well save your baby and run, but of course that just makes it more dangerous for everyone else.

johnnybravoa4
11-27-2006, 05:48 PM
i have gotten many tickets never for street racing, dont know about the laws in your state but in mine you would be going to a driving class for 4 to 8 hours.. been to three of them in the past back when i was in HS and stupid.. im still stupid but i dont get pulled over as much..

savetheclutch
11-27-2006, 06:22 PM
....

TQMB5
11-27-2006, 06:28 PM
your lucky they didnt get you for evading the police...

johnnybravoa4
11-27-2006, 06:28 PM
dam.. in my state they would have nailed you for talking on the cell as well.. the class is a joke coasts like 60-90 bucks and it rather stupid.. usually rather funny though..

SoFresh
11-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Ive never heard about these points before...

johnnybravoa4
11-27-2006, 06:35 PM
every state is different.. ct we have points the more points you have the higher your insurance..

d_maniac
11-27-2006, 06:40 PM
in ny 12 points or more and you get your license suspended

savetheclutch
11-27-2006, 06:43 PM
i believe nj and ny have the same point system

johnnybravoa4
11-27-2006, 06:46 PM
if you dont go to the class in my state you get your license suspended as well, 3 classes in a year and your license is suspended

01'A41.8T
11-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by d_maniac
That’s nothing I was cruising up the hutch north and got caught doing 81 in 50 zone on top of that the cop game my two other tickets for "following to closely" and improper lane switch"

so i'm facing 14 point in one stop.....

lol I got ya beat 16 points in one stop [eek] ...But they all dissapeared [confused]

d_maniac
11-27-2006, 07:28 PM
hopfully mine will dissappear too.....

TQMB5
11-27-2006, 08:04 PM
haha how did you rack up 16 pointa, care to go into detail?

QuattroA4
11-27-2006, 09:10 PM
i got a street racing ticket while under the age of 18.. i got dl suspended for a month with no way to apeal it.. plus inssurance is a biznitch now.. not worth it

Black92LX
11-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by andresito360
I love to street race, i go fast every day but it sucks to get a speeding ticket when you are not actually racing. Got a ticket for going 34 over the speed limit "55", now I have 5 points and a $200 ticket... that blows

if it was me that pulled you over you'd be in jail right now!

DRA4
11-27-2006, 11:18 PM
I got one in Dirty Jersey this year. Paid $ 400 and no points.

burner799
11-27-2006, 11:32 PM
wow.

zrowcool
11-28-2006, 04:38 AM
love jersey tickets. No points. I got a speeding and wreckless driving with no accident. $198 and no points.

loustylez
11-28-2006, 07:08 AM
i just got a 93 in a 70 last week. he's like "i clocked you at 93" and i was just sitting there like "yup... um... what can i say".

when yur caught, yur caught. i just want to pay double so it stays off my liscense/insurance.

Yuikio
11-28-2006, 10:07 AM
I got an 85 in a 60 a week and a half ago. Dunno if Washington has points or what the deal is. I hope not. Speeding is stupid.

Quattrocket
11-28-2006, 10:28 AM
I wish we could pay double and get no points. My insurance went up because I got a ticket for out of date tags. WTF!?

94jedi
11-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Quattrocket
I wish we could pay double and get no points. My insurance went up because I got a ticket for out of date tags. WTF!?

now that is gay. you have a legit complaint there.

A4_2.8tuner
11-28-2006, 11:04 AM
karma sucks eh? at least ya didnt get nailed for racin. live and learn.

Ertman
11-28-2006, 12:49 PM
89/55, that is a $600 fine in one of the counties that I work in!!

SoFresh
11-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Black92LX
if it was me that pulled you over you'd be in jail right now!

you can seriously throw someone in jail for speeding.... seriously....?

pipe7284
11-28-2006, 01:25 PM
it was just a matter of posting in this thread. i just got a ticket for going 60 at a 45 speed limit area. i was not racing, just minding my own bus heding to work.
cop= "what year is the car?"
me= "98"
cop= "nice car, beautifull, looks new"
me= thinking to myself "****ing pig"

and still gave me the ticket.
in some way i agree with cop but some other times i fu@#ing hate them.

sandnessmj
11-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by pipe7284
it was just a matter of posting in this thread. i just got a ticket for going 60 at a 45 speed limit area. i was not racing, just minding my own bus heding to work.
cop= "what year is the car?"
me= "98"
cop= "nice car, beautifull, looks new"
me= thinking to myself "****ing pig"

and still gave me the ticket.
in some way i agree with cop but some other times i fu@#ing hate them.

So he's not allowed to give you a ticket if he likes your car? I don't know, I've had a lot worse run-ins than that...

I'm not going to sit here and preach about police protecting us by writing citations...it's definitely a revenue source for the state, and usually little else. However, it's his job. You were speeding. He caught you. Why hate?

01'A41.8T
11-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by TQMB5
haha how did you rack up 16 pointa, care to go into detail?

Not much to it, it was about 3am and I got racing on a highway and a speeding ticket. It was pretty dumb on my part, but what I lost in points I made up for in fines. I ended with about $850

94jedi
11-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 01'A41.8T
Not much to it, it was about 3am and I got racing on a highway and a speeding ticket. It was pretty dumb, but what I lost in points I made up for in fines. I ended with about $850

philly street racing kicks ass.

01'A41.8T
11-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by 94jedi
philly street racing kicks ass.

Honestly, I live in university city and have never been to "the races".

SoFresh
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
^^^ damn.... most pointless ticket I ever got was at 3am as well.... driving with the rear window fogged, lol... needless to say I was the only one out on the road and the officer was looking for speeders while parked in a apt parking lot with his lights off... pulled me over and I got a $110 ticket for obstruction of window.... how lame is that.... now thats something to bitch at.... even took it to court, and judge didnt dismiss is, lol..... f'ing Pullman...

Re5pectThe_Cuz
11-28-2006, 02:45 PM
i just got pulled over by a cop the other day. stupidest cop I've ever met in my life. Campus police actually but theyre supposedly real cops. Idiot was waiting in the parking lot during midterms. Few friends and i decide to go get some food during our break. I walk to my car and hes j ust sitting there...second I pull out of the lot he starts rolling and gets behind me. Pulls me over. (mind you i was giong speed limit, and full stops at stop signs) says i got you for tinted front windows...i gave him all my info. 30 MINUTES LATER he comes back (no exaggeration there) with my ticket. Asks me " how old are you?" while holding my license, and after I told him he wrote it down. Then holding insurance and registration asks me what kind of car I drive- after my answer he writes it on the ticket. Are people truly THAT stupid? I told him he wasted my time and that I would just get this written off - stupid douche got mad and walked away

SoFresh
11-28-2006, 02:48 PM
hahaha, wow, that almost beats mine, i got a ticket too like that, for clear corners on my old integ, lol, how dumb, so then i took it to court, with a picture of my car with the original turn signals in.... got it dismissed... then drove away from the court house with the clear ones still in... what a waste of time

Black92LX
11-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by high_octaneRS-4
you can seriously throw someone in jail for speeding.... seriously....?

sure can. in my state 26 over constitues reckless driving which is an arrestable offense.
I don't arrest for under 30 over though. but i also don't give tickets unless you are 15 over. Unless in a school zone or residential neighborhood. But everyone is different.

Got a kid doing 101 in a 65 he was 16 so I made daddy come and pick him up

SoFresh
11-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Damn, dont give tickets unless 15 over, very generous of you... my last ticket was for 27 in a 25... Colfax, WA... they wouldnt drop it either...

pipe7284
11-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by sandnessmj
So he's not allowed to give you a ticket if he likes your car? I don't know, I've had a lot worse run-ins than that...

I'm not going to sit here and preach about police protecting us by writing citations...it's definitely a revenue source for the state, and usually little else. However, it's his job. You were speeding. He caught you. Why hate?

not that i am hating, i understand is their job, but why be all nice and sh!t when he is issuing you a ticket. just write the ticket and thats it. no need to tell me how nice my ride is, i already now that.
is like my friend, he is a realtor, and he got stoped for going over the speed limit. and the cop told him if he could "hook him up" with a property that he wants to buy. my friend still recvd the ticket.

AudiA4_20T
11-28-2006, 02:57 PM
all you have to do in NJ is plead the "unsafe driving" thing and you dont get points you just pay a fine. However, you only have 2UP on that so if you lose your 2, your screwed

Black92LX
11-28-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by high_octaneRS-4
Damn, dont give tickets unless 15 over, very generous of you... my last ticket was for 27 in a 25... Colfax, WA... they wouldnt drop it either...
i am not a traffic cop. I have better things to do. I would rather get the drugs off the street rather than being on a traffic stop.
I'll do them if someone is just doing something downright stupid and dangerous.

Black92LX
11-28-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by pipe7284
not that i am hating, i understand is their job, but why be all nice and sh!t when he is issuing you a ticket. just write the ticket and thats it. no need to tell me how nice my ride is, i already now that.
is like my friend, he is a realtor, and he got stoped for going over the speed limit. and the cop told him if he could "hook him up" with a property that he wants to buy. my friend still recvd the ticket.

to answer your question. it's because people are already pissed off. It only works against you to be cold and unfriendly you never know what will cause someone to snap. You don't know who you are pulling over. For the most part if you are nice and just talk to the person a little bit on a person to person level and not a cop to person level things go very smooth and you don't have people hopping out of the car trying to attack you or wanting to argue with you on the side of the road. I want to spend as little amount of time as possible on the side of the road becuause it's one of the most dangerous places for us to be.

I am very polite on my stops (unless you start to get mouthy first).
I would say I get a thank you from at least 85% of the people I pull over. And haven't had a complaint of rudeness on me yet like many officers get from a simple stop. with saying that i'll probably get one tonight.

Re5pectThe_Cuz
11-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Black92LX
i am not a traffic cop. I have better things to do. I would rather get the drugs off the street rather than being on a traffic stop.
I'll do them if someone is just doing something downright stupid and dangerous.

can you PLEASE move to Ca? show them how to be a real cop? I like the way you do your job (not that I am anyone to rate you, so dont take it that way) but some cops abuse their power and just want to issue the stupidest tickets

94jedi
11-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Black92LX
sure can. in my state 26 over constitues reckless driving which is an arrestable offense.
I don't arrest for under 30 over though. but i also don't give tickets unless you are 15 over. Unless in a school zone or residential neighborhood. But everyone is different.

Got a kid doing 101 in a 65 he was 16 so I made daddy come and pick him up

you're a good cop then.
BLACK92LX, I'm glad your busting real criminals like drug dealers and not messing around with street racing punks.

that said, somone speeding in a residential area or school zone should have their license revoked for 5 years.

94jedi
11-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Black92LX
to answer your question. it's because people are already pissed off. It only works against you to be cold and unfriendly you never know what will cause someone to snap. You don't know who you are pulling over. For the most part if you are nice and just talk to the person a little bit on a person to person level and not a cop to person level things go very smooth and you don't have people hopping out of the car trying to attack you or wanting to argue with you on the side of the road. I want to spend as little amount of time as possible on the side of the road becuause it's one of the most dangerous places for us to be.

I am very polite on my stops (unless you start to get mouthy first).
I would say I get a thank you from at least 85% of the people I pull over. And haven't had a complaint of rudeness on me yet like many officers get from a simple stop. with saying that i'll probably get one tonight.


we can all appreciate that. when I get pulled over (it's been about 4 years now) I put my hands on the wheel, let the cop know he's the boss, and I ask for permission to do everything just so there's no misunderstandings. no sense in making the cops job any harder than it has to be. I'd bet he doesn't want to be in that situation anymore than I do.

Black92LX
11-28-2006, 03:17 PM
but some cops abuse their power and just want to issue the stupidest tickets



this is very true. but in all honesty it is the minority.
Everyone heres the shitty stories. But no one ever talks about when a cop is nice to them. Wish they would but it doesn't happen.

seatown88
11-28-2006, 03:26 PM
i got a ticket for 56 in a 30...it was in my sisters car...a 2000 vw bug. . i didnt know it could go that fast. i had just turned on to the road and then i saw the cop on my tail gettin ready to pull me over. it was a $276 ticket, but i got it difered so i only paid $100.

you gotta respect the cops though...we have had two killed this year because of people speeding and running red lights. they go out everyday knowing that they are at a risk. they are just trying to keep everything safe. even if it sucks sometimes

Re5pectThe_Cuz
11-28-2006, 03:27 PM
thing is man I've never had a nice one. not once, they were all douches to me for some reason. A lot of it has to do with my age. 16-20 year old in a nice car (audi in this case) they don't like to see it to often in LA. If i had a nice cop I would love it man. I have never been issued a warning or anything, except my female friend and sister seem to get out of the left and right...boobs help i guess

sandnessmj
11-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Re5pectThe_Cuz
If i had a nice cop I would love it man. I have never been issued a warning or anything

In my opinion, a cop shouldn't have to issue a warning just to be labeled "nice".

I got pulled over a few weeks ago (on my way to check out the A4 I have now). I was 75 miles from home in a neighborhood I didn't know and I was concentrating on street signs and not my speed. Well, wouldn't you know it, I was 10 over, and there was a local cop right there to catch me. I did the "shut the car off, hands on the wheel, ask permission to get my ID" thing, and got a citation. However, the cop was nice, explained that even if it's not posted, local laws dictate that any area with houses less than 200ft apart is automatically a 30mph zone. I explained that I was kind of lost, he helped me find the street I was looking for, wished me luck, and went on his way. I drove by him a few minutes later (under the limit, this time) and he gestured to see if I had found the street, and that was the last I saw him.

Do I think he was nice? Hell yeah. Did I want to get a ticket? Of course not, but them's the breaks, as they say.

Re5pectThe_Cuz
11-28-2006, 04:02 PM
that makes perfect sense. Wish I could even get someone like that lol

sean1.8t
11-28-2006, 04:07 PM
i've got you all beat!!

got pulled over and issued a ticket for not signaling a FULL 3 seconds before changing lanes.. i signaled and did not endanger anyone but i didn't signal for long enough.. BS right?

just got it last week so i don't know what the penalty/fine will be. since i have no tickets before i should probably just do traffic school

pipe7284
11-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Black92LX
to answer your question. it's because people are already pissed off. It only works against you to be cold and unfriendly you never know what will cause someone to snap. You don't know who you are pulling over. For the most part if you are nice and just talk to the person a little bit on a person to person level and not a cop to person level things go very smooth and you don't have people hopping out of the car trying to attack you or wanting to argue with you on the side of the road. I want to spend as little amount of time as possible on the side of the road becuause it's one of the most dangerous places for us to be.

I am very polite on my stops (unless you start to get mouthy first).
I would say I get a thank you from at least 85% of the people I pull over. And haven't had a complaint of rudeness on me yet like many officers get from a simple stop. with saying that i'll probably get one tonight.

as a matter of fact, i was stopped the other day,about a month ago, really nice cop, asked for DL and registration, i gave it to him, and he comes back sayijng if it was really me on that pic from the DL. he asked because i am a triplet (off course he didnt know) and like i said about my brother earlier on this thread, he is in deep sh!t right now with the cops, anyways i told him it was really me that i was a triplet, he said that he had a pic on his laptop of someone that looks exactly like me, i told him then that it was my brother, i even said if i could see the pic and he agreed and even let me IN THE DRIVER SIDE of the cop car to look at his laptop, and there was my brother. at the end he just let me go with a "have a good night".

killroy77
11-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Black92LX
this is very true. but in all honesty it is the minority.
Everyone heres the shitty stories. But no one ever talks about when a cop is nice to them. Wish they would but it doesn't happen.
Got 2 good stories.
Once when going through a left turn light, where I hit the intersection just after it turned YELLOW, I was pulled over. "In Oregon, if its yellow and you have time to stop you are required to stop". Guy pulled my record and noticed I had two previous tickets the same year. If you get three in one year you get suspended. I told him I was home from college for the weekend to do laundry, and he let me off with a warning.
No 2:
Drinking in car while driving. We had only had one or two beers each and we weren't drunk or even buzzed, but its still an open container. Got pulled over because friend was goofing off. Guy let us all off and said drive safe. And he was a motorcycle cop.
I wasn't driving, but I still don't recommend.

Black92LX
11-28-2006, 05:02 PM
even let me IN THE DRIVER SIDE of the cop car to look at his laptop

one needs to be careful with this. i never let anyone in the front of my cruiser. it's an officer saftey issue. unfortunatly in today's society you never know who you are dealing with and what they will try. In my front seat you have access to the vehicle, OC spray, extra magazine, backu weapon sometimes. It's just not worth it.
Lots of people think i have to show them the radar gun if i pull them over. Not the case. Sometimes they get pissed but i explain the officer saftey issue to them and they are usually cool with it.

NUISANCE
11-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Dude, 89. Was the REALLY necessary?

savetheclutch
11-28-2006, 06:32 PM
.....

sandnessmj
11-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by andresito360
did not realize he was pulling me over so he screwed me.. and put 89.

Still don't see how he screwed you. YOU jammed the gas pedal, my friend.


Originally posted by andresito360
I hate when a cop asks me if the car is mine, like a hispanic kid could not own an audi, and that happened a lot with my other car.. I guess they think I am a f...ing drugdealer or something

Ummm...I've been asked a few times when pulled over (yes, I've been pulled over my fair share of times) if the vehicle was mine. Why does that have to be a race issue?

savetheclutch
11-28-2006, 06:50 PM
because of the way they say it, one time a cop actually asked me how i could afford all the tvs and stuff on my nissan. and he screwed because when i tried to explain all he said was "i do not care." well anyways is done..

pipe7284
11-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Black92LX
one needs to be careful with this. i never let anyone in the front of my cruiser. it's an officer saftey issue. unfortunatly in today's society you never know who you are dealing with and what they will try. In my front seat you have access to the vehicle, OC spray, extra magazine, backu weapon sometimes. It's just not worth it.
Lots of people think i have to show them the radar gun if i pull them over. Not the case. Sometimes they get pissed but i explain the officer saftey issue to them and they are usually cool with it.

after all, you turned out to be a cool cop. wish we had some like that in my area. Since you cant come down here, i decided to go hang around your area, but decided not to, I am definately not going to your location.


"Hell"

Black92LX
11-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by pipe7284
after all, you turned out to be a cool cop. wish we had some like that in my area. Since you cant come down here, i decided to go hang around your area, but decided not to, I am definately not going to your location.


"Hell"

it's really not that bad here. i just wish they would let us where shorts for our uniform it gets a little warm from time to time.


I hate when a cop asks me if the car is mine, like a hispanic kid could not own an audi, and that happened a lot with my other car.. I guess they think I am a f...ing drugdealer or something
we ask you for the simple fact we would like to know whos car it is.
We call the stop over the radio and give the plate number. We then get out and talk to you. We ask you who's car it is because the plate info hasn't returned yet.
That's why we ask if it's your car. Has nothing to do with your race. Just standard operating procedure. The more information we have from the get go the quicker we get you back on your way

1 ate T
11-29-2006, 05:20 AM
get off your damn cell phone.

Black92LX
11-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by 1 ate T
get off your damn cell phone.

ohh if i come to the window and you are on your cell phone. i am not very nice. especially if you tell me to hold on.
I had a lady tell me once. "Uhh you're going to have to hold on a second, this is a private conversation"

as she started to roll up the window i took the phone out of her hand told they person she was going to have to call them back and stuck the phone in my pocket.
I don't think she will ever say that again.

loustylez
11-29-2006, 08:26 AM
i'm sorry sir, did you just try and strike me? i'll have your badge number please.

hah, i know i know. still... better be careful grabbing stuff from people before asking them to shut the phone off first.

it's crazy that people don't like cops.

you're born in to servitude and willing to sacrifice your freedom for a lifestyle of working for someone else as a means to get money, which is another tool of supression. you follow the rules but nobody agrees with them because it's all based on not trusting your fellow humans. that goes back to money - a tool that allows us to work with people we don't trust. so no, i don't like cops - period. i don't trust you because you don't trust me. fair game.

Ertman
11-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Black92LX
it's really not that bad here. i just wish they would let us where shorts for our uniform it gets a little warm from time to time.


we ask you for the simple fact we would like to know whos car it is.
We call the stop over the radio and give the plate number. We then get out and talk to you. We ask you who's car it is because the plate info hasn't returned yet.
That's why we ask if it's your car. Has nothing to do with your race. Just standard operating procedure. The more information we have from the get go the quicker we get you back on your way Wearing shorts on patrol isn't everything that it is cracked up to be... Wait until one makes bush bond on you and wind up in a 10-80 on foot through a patch of briars. It took weeks before my legs healed, looked like I was attacked by a cheese grater.

atlquattro
11-29-2006, 01:23 PM
I just got one yesterday. I was coming down this hill, in rural georgia, and a cop gunned me at the bottom of the hill going 61 ( it was in a 30 mph zone). he dropped 6 mph off so i wouldn't have to go to jail. $247 ticket. blows.

Ertman
11-29-2006, 01:53 PM
$247 is cheap!! DON"T EVER SPEED IN TREUTLEN OR CANDLER COUNTY GEORGIA!!!!!!

25+ on the interstate will cost almost $800.

pipe7284
11-29-2006, 02:15 PM
^^^^well ,i just also remembered that i was stopped by a highway patrol by savana GA, and he clocked me at 101 mph. he took me to a "detention center" until i paid for the ticket, $800. after i had to let go of that amount of $$$, i just let my brother drive til we got home.

RJW01A4Q
11-29-2006, 02:36 PM
First off if you drive over the speed limit(which I do very often) and you dont have a radar detector your an idiot. I got a ticket about 6 years ago when I was 16 for speeding through a residential area(38 in a 25) which I deserved, and on my 17th Bday I got a radar detector.... best present I've ever asked for. I was so pleased with it I bought a top of the line one($320) about 2 years ago. I havn't gotten a ticket since and I drive 80-90mph on the freeway everywhere I go. Now that I said that I'm sure I'll get one this week but oh well. A friend of mine is a highway patrol... he saw mine and told me it was a waist of money and they don't work... so we did a little test right there... he doesn't argue with me anymore.

Quick example of a cool cop run in:
My cousin was riding his 2003 Yamaha R6 in town one night and decided to pull up a wheelie... he rode it out and was probably doing around 65mph in a 40 when he set it down and saw lights in his mirror. It was a sheriff. He pulled him over and asked for his license and registration... then the next thing out of his mouth was "that was ****ing awsome, I wasn't going to pull you over, but there was a car full of people looking at me like aren't you going to do anything" Then he BS'd about his bike for a sec and asked him to do another one when he takes off... awsome cop!!!

JMG
11-29-2006, 02:38 PM
So you had point on your record and you were still speeding? Watch your 6 and ease up on the throttle next time.

sandnessmj
11-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by RJW01A4Q
First off if you drive over the speed limit(which I do very often) and you dont have a radar detector your an idiot.

Ehhh...I bought a radar/laser detector about 4 years back. Literally 30 hours later, I was getting pulled over. I just didn't have a chance against the lidar the cop was using. Sure, maybe I got a ticket for 83 in a 65 instead of closer to 90, but still...

Needless to say, I returned the radar detector. Since then, I've got a ticket or two, but the sum total of all my tickets since then wouldn't equal what I'd have to pay for a quality detector/diffuser/jammer that would really protect me. I'll take my chances without one until I find that money tree I've been searching for.

1 ate T
11-29-2006, 02:53 PM
I drive a constant 75 - 85 on the highway everyday and have only been pulled once, and it wasn't even for going that fast. you gotta have eyes, and not just drive like you have no chance of getting in trouble.. Would you be talkin on your cell phone while you're robbing a bank? no, breaking the law is the same no matter what you do.

atlquattro
11-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Ertman
$247 is cheap!! DON"T EVER SPEED IN TREUTLEN OR CANDLER COUNTY GEORGIA!!!!!!

25+ on the interstate will cost almost $800.

$247 isn't cheap to a senior in high school that is working on putting rims, tires, and springs on his car and paying for other things that senior's do [:D] !

RJW01A4Q
11-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by sandnessmj
Ehhh...I bought a radar/laser detector about 4 years back. Literally 30 hours later, I was getting pulled over. I just didn't have a chance against the lidar the cop was using. Sure, maybe I got a ticket for 83 in a 65 instead of closer to 90, but still...

Needless to say, I returned the radar detector. Since then, I've got a ticket or two, but the sum total of all my tickets since then wouldn't equal what I'd have to pay for a quality detector/diffuser/jammer that would really protect me. I'll take my chances without one until I find that money tree I've been searching for.

but has your insurance gone up from those tickets? I guess all the cops in my area use Ka band... I havn't run into a whole lot of laser. thank you california highway patrol!

pipe7284
11-29-2006, 09:18 PM
I think i am going to add one more item to my xmas list:
radar detector.

Ertman
11-29-2006, 09:51 PM
BTW, 89/55 in Georgia, if you are under twenty one is an AUTOMATIC ONE YEAR LICENSE REVOCATION, No permits, no nothing!! Actually 24+

AudiA4_20T
11-30-2006, 06:01 AM
You just cant be stupid. Dont think because you have a radar (I have a V1) that you cant get pulled over... Ive gotten pulled over twice for speeding with mine already. Luckily I was only a few over so they let me go but people think they get a radar and all of the sudden they know where all of the cops are. You do know cops are trained to estimate your speed or can use laser on you. Or even if their radar goes off, if your going 100 in a 65 and slow down to 90 by the time they get you, it helps but your still screwed... Just saying

Anyway as for the gay cops stories... I just got my B6 inspected on a friday and Im driving back to town on the next Tuesday. I failed because when I bought the car it had tints and the brake light was out. At the inspection place they say you have 45 days to fix everything and come back. Well Im pulling onto my road and I see the cop smile as he sees me pass after I go to slow down and my brake light is out. I pull onto my road (which is super narrow, just enough for one car) and am trying to find a place to pull over while hes behind me. Im going very slow until I find a side road which I pull onto. He comes out of the car FURIOUS saying

"MR. MASTERSON WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO PULL OVER!?!"

I wasnt trying to evade him or anything and I said

"Im sorry officer I just thought the road was pretty narrow and I knew we could safetly come over here".

He then (still angry) says

"well you know your brake light is out and (making me roll my windows up) yea you have tints on the front windows."

"I know officer Im sorry I just got the car inspected I was planning on fixing these issues right away Ive been away and havent had a chance. I failed for these things at Inspection and they said I had 45 days to fix them."

I handed him the sheet and he looked it over and says

"well the way that works is that you have 45 days with inspection but if your driving the car I can give you a ticket"

I had no idea about this so I say

"Im very sorry officer I was not aware I will be sure to get these fixed 2morrow if I can!"

The officer has cooled down and goes back to his car... Obviously writing some type of warning I hope... He comes back 10 minutes later and says

"Ok heres 1 ticket for the tints and 1 ticket for the brake light, o and Im being nice to you heres a warning for your exhaust. It falls under a law we call "unapproved equipment. Basically the law states that if something doesnt come with your car its illegal. Tell all your buddies (in a jackass tone because he knows Im friends with all the local kids with nice rides)"

WHAT A JACKASS... Anyway I got the tickets revoked because my friends mom is the prosecutor wooooo!