PDA

View Full Version : best price on Carbotech Bobcats(b5 S4)?

h3lp_c0mput3r
11-27-2006, 02:34 AM
anyone know where to get Carbotech Bobcat brake pads for a good price?

thanks!

quattshot
12-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Try calling Carbotech.
Ask for Larry (owner)!!!...He's nuts but you'll love him!
Sorry, dont have the number.

MikekiM
12-31-2006, 06:14 AM
Larry doesn't own Carbotech anymore. Sold it about a year ago to Dan.

You can contact them, or go to purems.com. They carry them as well.

Another Drew
01-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Go www.brakeswap.com and call them. Tell them I (Another Drew) sent you and you should get a discount that no one will beat.

I'm running on Bobcats now and they're the best street pads I've tried. Virtually no brake dust and grabs/modulates great.

quattshot
02-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Larry doesn't own Carbotech anymore. Sold it about a year ago to Dan.

You can contact them, or go to purems.com. They carry them as well.

Wow! Good for him. I worked for Larry YEARS ago when he was located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Good guy and his wife was sweet as well.
J.

onemoremile
02-22-2007, 12:00 AM
I found the Bobcats to be underwhelming especially for $160. There was amost no dusting but the cold bite was terrible. They were quiet until after a trackday. They were worn down to nothing after 5 lapping sessions. Larry recommended a set of Panther XP10 for track duty and I couldn't be happier with them. I now run $60 PBR Ultimate Ceramics on the street and find them to be superior to the Bobcats in every way regardless of price. They are silent, don't dirty the wheels, and have great cold bite.

onemoremile
02-22-2007, 12:04 AM
I should mention that the Bobcats didn't last a summer while the Ultimates have endured two years of street use, a full track day, and some autocross. They are still on the car and have half their life left. Maybe I got a good set of one and a bad set of the other, who knows?