PDA

View Full Version : air conditioning problem!!

agentsmith988
11-22-2006, 12:28 PM
i got in my car today and started her up. i pushed the auto defrost and the a/c didnt come on. so i tried all the combos i could think of to keep get the a/c on but i got nothing. the little snowflake light comes on when the a/c button is pressed but vanishes as soon as i take my finger off...any ideas?

its a 97 2.8qm..and it was raining pretty hard today (no idea if that would do anything)

Neo1130
11-22-2006, 01:04 PM
How cold was it? The compressor won't come on under a certain temp... Also could be you are low on R-134...

SeanF
11-22-2006, 01:07 PM
sorry for the threadjack but neo, can you look at my vag-logs? i posted them on here but havent got any opinions... im running bad caps times like you previously were..

agentsmith988
11-22-2006, 03:23 PM
it was about 39-40ish out and raining...if the compressor doesnt turn on below a certain temp...how do we defog our cars??

Neo1130
11-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by agentsmith988
it was about 39-40ish out and raining...if the compressor doesnt turn on below a certain temp...how do we defog our cars??

I would like to know the same thing... If it warms up go out and see if it does it again... Actually the heat from the system should help fend off the fogging windows but the A/C gives it that little extra kick...

agentsmith988
11-22-2006, 04:05 PM
okay i let the car sit in the shop for a few minutes and the temp reading shot up to 44 and voila! a/c kicked on!

this is bloody retarded...i was driving around town today looking out peep hole of clearity on my windshield...

whats everyones thoughts on this? any way to disable this lovely little feature with vagcom?

Neo1130
11-22-2006, 04:10 PM
No, you cannot disable it with VAGCOM, Audi does this for a specific reason actually because I think the freezing point or some other characteristic of R-134... So it would be be left alone... Just hit the defrost button and let it do its work... The Germans know what they are doing when it comes to engineering...

Pinnersaudi
06-21-2011, 11:19 PM
I went to get my ac serviced today cause it's blowing hot air. They told me it has free on, the fuses are good,and that it is most likely an electrical problem.. I have only had the car 7 months and I have never used the ac. Is there an a/c button I don't know about. All I know to do is turn the temperature down to lo or whatever temp desired. Anyone have an idea?? I just joined and haven't figured the site out yet, it is a 2001 tt quattro awd.. Thanks

99blueb5
06-22-2011, 12:07 AM
I went to get my ac serviced today cause it's blowing hot air. They told me it has free on, the fuses are good,and that it is most likely an electrical problem.. I have only had the car 7 months and I have never used the ac. Is there an a/c button I don't know about. All I know to do is turn the temperature down to lo or whatever temp desired. Anyone have an idea?? I just joined and haven't figured the site out yet, it is a 2001 tt quattro awd.. Thanks

your on the wrong forum if you have a "TT" !!!!!!!!!! there should be a ECON button, if its lit up then the a/c is off, keep it on AUTO and let it do the work

QuattroGinger
06-22-2011, 05:31 AM
i have a similar problem however mine seems to just work whenever it wants. its a 50/50 chance. someone told me to check the clutch? any ideas? oh, i have a 01 b5 quattro

cory.smith
06-22-2011, 09:39 PM
What have you got the temperature set to? If the snowflake comes on, then goes away that makes me think something that might sound dumb. If it is, in Fahrenheit, say 78, and you wanna defrost. The AC will not put out cold air if you've got it set to 80. So, you press the AC button, the flake shows up, and goes away when you take your finger off the button.

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but, just maybe....

-Cory