PDA

View Full Version : Update on my car

juju4uofa
11-22-2006, 06:01 AM
For those of you that don't know what happened, go here
Sad Sad Day (http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104841)
First of all, the girl that hit me never called her insurance. I left school to come home for Thanksgiving yesterday and had to have a rental car so I dealt with all of her insurance stuff myself (pretty pathetic). Luckily, State Farm (her insurance) was very easy to deal with. I went to pickup a rental car yesterday and they were out of "standard" or "economy" cars so I got a free upgrade to a '07 Expedition :).

As for my car, my adjuster (ALFA) came and looked at it Monday and claimed that it's a total loss. So, State Farm is accepting that and will call me with how much they're gonna offer me most likely early next week. My car was a '99 Turbo Quattro Manual Sport w/ 55k miles on it. How much do y'all think they'll over (not including my wheels and springs, just the car)?

Now it's time to start looking for something else. It's directly dependent on how much they give me. There isn't one B5 A4 TQM on autotrader within 300 miles of where I live with less than 60k miles on it. I found one B6 but it may be more money than I have. I can get an S2k for between 14-15k but I'm not sure about the whole practicality thing. I'm talking to my ex-boss this week about his '97 E36 M3, but that's a fat chance. Anyway, hopefully I'll find something I like.

Have a good Thanksgiving guys!!!

MultiAudis
11-22-2006, 06:06 AM
good luck in your search man!

A4CT1.8QTM
11-22-2006, 06:07 AM
Good luck and have a safe Thanksgiving.

Btw, if they let you, can you sell me your passenger side mirror?

Lemme know!

a4cefed
11-22-2006, 06:44 AM
good luck, a b6 would be a nice car move to.

mike-2ptzero
11-22-2006, 06:51 AM
Damage does not look too bad. The rear wheel is pointing out because the tie rod(toe adjustment arm) just like mine were, that is an easy fix with a new part and 2 bolts. The front end damage looks to be mainly just the radaitor support, hood, head light and bumper. The fender has a little damage on it but the spot above the head light looks to be in the correct spot which means there might not be any real damage to the fender rail or the frame. You might want to ask how much they want for the salvage and fix the car. I did exactly that with my car after the wreck.

Before
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/2716audi_011.jpg

After
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/2716shots_outside_004.jpg

offroader1006
11-22-2006, 08:38 AM
when i totaled mine, i wouldnt settle for anything but a B5.

i drove 24 hours to CT and back for it.

dont compromise cause its not local[:D]

SeanF
11-22-2006, 08:45 AM
yea, but youd use any excuse to drive somewhere...

juju4uofa
11-22-2006, 09:40 AM
HAHA well let's don't forget that I'm in college, have classes, and have absolutely no money. So, a relatively local car is unfortunately a must.

As for me buying the car back from State Farm, I'm very interested in doing this. The car is compeletly driveable except for that rear tire which apparently is a relatively cheap and easy fix. The probelm is, I don't know how much they'll want for it. Any guesses? Because whatever they'll give me for it being totalled minus what I buy the car back for, will be how much I have to spend on my next ride.

ActiveMonkey
11-22-2006, 10:01 AM
They should give you between $12000 and $15000

mike-2ptzero
Originally posted by juju4uofa
HAHA well let's don't forget that I'm in college, have classes, and have absolutely no money. So, a relatively local car is unfortunately a must.

As for me buying the car back from State Farm, I'm very interested in doing this. The car is compeletly driveable except for that rear tire which apparently is a relatively cheap and easy fix. The probelm is, I don't know how much they'll want for it. Any guesses? Because whatever they'll give me for it being totalled minus what I buy the car back for, will be how much I have to spend on my next ride.

Well you should get more then I did since my 00 had nearly 130k miles on it and no options. They were giving me about $8500 and wanted $2300 for the salvage which I took in a heart beat seeing that my turbo and exhaust manifold that was in the car are worth that. I spent about 60% of that money rebuilding the car back to better then it was before with some extra parts which will include a 6 point roll bar from Evolution Racewerks.

mike-2ptzero
Originally posted by ActiveMonkey
They should give you between $12000 and $15000

I dont think it will be that high, maybe it if was a 2001.

SoFresh
11-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by offroader1006
when i totaled mine, i wouldnt settle for anything but a B5.

i drove 24 hours to CT and back for it.

dont compromise cause its not local[:D]

I bought mine on ebay... located in Miami, shipped it to Seattle, WA... lol. Oh well, I took the risk, it was perfect when I got it.

johnnybravoa4
11-22-2006, 10:43 AM
dont know if this helps but i just went through a similar situation, they are going to low ball you at first you have to argue with them, if you have any Receipts get them ready, as far as aftermarket suspension I would say if you still have your old stuff swap it out unless it was installed at a shop within the last 90 days, you can get fully reimbursed for maintenance items if it was done within 90 days of the accident, but suspension is considered maintenance, the rims wont get you anything either they may deduct for not having the stock rims I had rs4 reps I told them they were calibration rims and they gave me a few extra 100 bucks, and my tires were new so they added for that as well, the first offer was $8200 for my car was a 99 a4 l.8t qtm sports package, cold weather package, I got them up to $10400 or so after my 500 deductible I got around $9900 check my car had 92k on it.. good luck and never take there first offer, if they start crap have your insurance company send out an adjuster and give you a quote

juju4uofa
11-22-2006, 11:19 AM
That makes me nervous. God only knows what I'm gonna be driving in a month :(

johnnybravoa4
11-22-2006, 11:28 AM
hey you might be ok you have 56k on it dont you, just make sure you put up a fight and dont let them take the car untill you get a check or agree to an amount im sure you will get more then I did just make sure your persistant and do it quickly they like that because then they dont have to pay for the fees to store the car..

sean1.8t
11-22-2006, 02:25 PM
i totally agree with mike. they'll probably give you about 11-13ish grand for it. buy it back for probably around 3-4 grand and spend the difference of the money to fix it back to normal. then with the 6 or so grand you will have left over you'll be able to do whatever you want. pay it off, UPGRADES!!!

the one downside is that you will have a salvaged car. but it really isn't is bad as everyone makes it out to be. especially since you know the damage

juju4uofa
11-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Anyone know a place online to buy a fender, hood, door, etc? I've been looking but can't find anything other than supporting parts. I know several places to get carbon fiber hoods, but I'm just trying to price replacement body panels to get an idea of repair cost. I believe I can install the parts myself so all I would need is someone to paint them (although I did paint my lowers so who knows lol). All I shoould need is a hood, front driver's side fender, and a rear driver's side door (other than minor parts). Thanks for your help guys.

juju4uofa
11-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Also a taillight and possibly a radiator support.

mike-2ptzero
11-22-2006, 07:27 PM
You can always search for used parts on www.car-parts.com other wise you have to order new parts from the dealer.

Mattgfx
11-22-2006, 08:15 PM
if they give u around 14g id get an s4 with 75K miles + on it.. worth it!!!