PDA

View Full Version : Interest in B5 "Thermal" Exhaust

4ringAR
11-19-2006, 08:29 PM
How many would be interested in an exhaust for the B5 by thermal?

I was just looking around in the B6 forums and remembered a guy that had a Thermal on his B6, it sounded very nice. I was thinking that if we showed enough interest in it and showed them this, they might consider making one.

nizmosx
11-19-2006, 08:45 PM
depends on pipe size. would be nice to have a company make a 3 inch unit for those who have or are going bt. just my two cents

Aliel
11-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah I would love to see a 3" exhaust system made by a popular brand so it sounds nice and looks good.

The problem would be the exhaust setup by the downpipe since there is many different turbos/exhausts/cat delete that make the difference in positioning of the exhaust.

It would be nice to have a make-to-order exhaust site where you can input the maniold, turbo, cat delete settings and they make the exhaust for you in a couple of days. This is a good business idea actually :)

onemoremile
11-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Thermal does make a 3" for the B6 but it is hard to find it listed on a site. I have seen it in a sig or post on the B6 forum. We really need a 3" turbo back option to compliment the recent rash of GTRS eliminator and bigger turbos.

BranCKY3
11-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Custom 3" ftw.

pac1085
11-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Would be nice if there was something 3" with relocated cat under car (my car stinks!)

mike-2ptzero
11-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by nizmosx
depends on pipe size. would be nice to have a company make a 3 inch unit for those who have or are going bt. just my two cents

Matrix used to make a 3" exhaust that would bolt up to a PES T28 kit and included a HFC. I also think EVOms also had one but not sure what size it was.

CaSp3r9
11-20-2006, 02:48 PM
^^^ Yeah, I've seen Matrix's 3" exhaust. Mike, their summer help, has it on his car. It's a loud agressive sound and not only is it literally impossible to come by but it's very expensive from what I've heard - which makes sense since they're no longer available. However, it is quite possibly the nicest exhaust system I've ever seen - I'd expect nothing less from Matrix [:p] [up]

CaSp3r9
11-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Oh yeah... Sorry for being off topic in my previous post...

If I had the money, I'd definitely consider a thermal exhaust. [up]

sean1.8t
11-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by BranCKY3
Custom 3" ftw.

2nd that^^

it would be much cheaper

bitterchild
11-20-2006, 04:35 PM
thermal's are loud as fawk and their quality control standards have fallen as their main market (j import) has gotten competitive.

they make good power but they're downright obnoxious. That and the recent units i've seen have significantly worse build quality.

mike-2ptzero
11-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by CaSp3r9
^^^ Yeah, I've seen Matrix's 3" exhaust. Mike, their summer help, has it on his car. It's a loud agressive sound and not only is it literally impossible to come by but it's very expensive from what I've heard - which makes sense since they're no longer available. However, it is quite possibly the nicest exhaust system I've ever seen - I'd expect nothing less from Matrix [:p] [up]

I have the proto type that was made for Garrett at GIAC, was able to get a great deal on it because they wanted it out of the shop and matrix didn't want to eat the cost of shipping it back to them. [:D]

94jedi
11-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by onemoremile
Thermal does make a 3" for the B6 but it is hard to find it listed on a site. I have seen it in a sig or post on the B6 forum. We really need a 3" turbo back option to compliment the recent rash of GTRS eliminator and bigger turbos.

agreed. I'd love a 3" option. Hell, I *might* even pay for the Thermal one because I know it would look a lil nicer than a "custom" job.