PDA

View Full Version : 1.8t big enough? or no?



b5pusher
11-19-2006, 03:58 PM
if you go with a 2.2l using a aba block your goin to end up not wanting to rev it past 6000rpm but if you did a 2.2l you would need a huge turbo which would need more than 6000rpm. what about just a 2.0 with an aba block would that rev less than a 1.8 aeb or atw or whatever. is it best to just rebuild a 1.8t with new internals and not even bump up the displacment so that the engine can rev the fastest?

Lazer Viking
11-19-2006, 04:00 PM
what ?

sean1.8t
11-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by pacman
what ?

A4Rob
11-19-2006, 04:09 PM
stroker kit- 2.1L

AudiA4_20T
11-19-2006, 04:10 PM
you have no idea what your talking about... A built head allows you to rev harder not displacement.... And there is a whole thread about a 2.2 buildup why not post this there?

sean1.8t
11-19-2006, 04:19 PM
from what i've learned you cant go 2.2L. i wouldn't be posible. you can get very close to 2.1L like A4rob said. ABA block with lots of extras..

this is what you need LINK (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102534&highlight=2.0+build)

read it all, and pay attention to what WizardOfGod says

AudiA4_20T
11-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Its Wizard-Of-OD

k0mpresd
11-19-2006, 04:30 PM
issam knows his ish [up]

sean1.8t
11-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by AudiA4_18T
Its Wizard-Of-OD

[rolleyes]

b5pusher
11-19-2006, 06:04 PM
ok thanks guys

AElucky83
11-19-2006, 06:40 PM
take a 1.8 bore it to a 5.0 by using a mustang gt block and a 1.8T head...add a 2JZ Intake manifold to push all that air and attach a turbo from a Cattapiler bulldozer for the needed boost...also make sure to get some running boards to fall off...and make sure to "tune your nos timer"...ul be runing 9's in no time...if u want get into the 5's..just add another turbo from a mac truck or any 18 wheeler

sean1.8t
11-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by AElucky83
take a 1.8 bore it to a 5.0 by using a mustang gt block and a 1.8T head...add a 2JZ Intake manifold to push all that air and attach a turbo from a Cattapiler bulldozer for the needed boost...also make sure to get some running boards to fall off...and make sure to "tune your nos timer"...ul be runing 9's in no time...if u want get into the 5's..just add another turbo from a mac truck or any 18 wheeler

lol, now that i got the plan i just gotta figure out where to find all of these parts..

b5pusher
11-19-2006, 10:10 PM
AElucky83 thanks for nothing.

onemoremile
11-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks for everything.

burner799
11-19-2006, 10:48 PM
You guys need to stop hating. Dude i see where you are going with this. Just get some cruise missles and a really good roof rack.

sandnessmj
11-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by burner799
You guys need to stop hating. Dude i see where you are going with this. Just get some cruise missles and a really good roof rack.

I believe JATO (Jet assisted take-off) rockets would work best. There's an episode of Mythbusters where they did this - they should have a write-up somewhere...[:D]

AElucky83
11-20-2006, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by b5pusher
if you go with a 2.2l using a aba block your goin to end up not wanting to rev it past 6000rpm but if you did a 2.2l you would need a huge turbo which would need more than 6000rpm. what about just a 2.0 with an aba block would that rev less than a 1.8 aeb or atw or whatever. is it best to just rebuild a 1.8t with new internals and not even bump up the displacment so that the engine can rev the fastest?

TOUCHE HONKEY!

AElucky83
11-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by sean1.8t
lol, now that i got the plan i just gotta figure out where to find all of these parts..

www.car-parts.com

AElucky83
11-20-2006, 04:39 AM
b5pusher- I kid I kid!

mike-2ptzero
11-20-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by AudiA4_18T
you have no idea what your talking about... A built head allows you to rev harder not displacement.... And there is a whole thread about a 2.2 buildup why not post this there?


Very true, but if you think about doesn't the speed of the piston increase per rpm with a longer stroke?