View Full Version : Cracked hose

11-19-2006, 01:01 PM
ok i dont know wut the hose is and i need help figuring it out... ITs rite underneath the intake manifold.. If you look down in the open area after where the dipstick sits towards the back...Its right under there...Its real hard to see and get to .. I think i may have to take the manifold off to replace it because its directly underneath....No fluid runs threw it so im thinking it a vacum hose or somthing.. It has a huge crack in it ... IDK wut part to even order if someone could help i would appreciate it... I have a 98 a4 quattro auto........

11-19-2006, 01:07 PM
does it conect to the combi valve? its the valve on the back of the head

11-19-2006, 01:09 PM
yea that sounds about right... Im just not sure dont know wut the combi valve looks like... but wut hose would that be if i was going to try to order it... What is like the function of it... i just realized it was cracked.. Engine runs fine and nothing leaks out of it

11-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Sounds like part of the PCV system.

11-19-2006, 01:15 PM
im just wondering what effects its having on the car...

11-19-2006, 01:35 PM
picture is worth a thousand words