PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed exhaust people in here.

dukez
11-18-2006, 02:43 PM
I asked in another thread if anyones make a loud whistling jet sound when they go WOT. Now i got a recording. Its off a cellphone, so of course it sucks, but you kind of get the idea.

wav (home.comcast.net/~dukez/record000.wav)

Its kinda low, gotta turn your sounds up a bit, the first 10 seconds is me just cruising, i get passed up by a Camaro. Then at about 15 seconds in, i go WOT and theres my noise. Its more ear peircing in person. I think its pretty cool actually, but im just wondering if mines the only one. [up]

MultiAudis
11-18-2006, 03:12 PM
yikes, I hope it doesnt sound like that in your cabin...

d_maniac
11-18-2006, 04:14 PM
sounds like a faulty dv alittle.

r32gtr94
11-18-2006, 04:32 PM
I have a Neuspeed exhaust and I don't have a whistleing sound at wide open throttle (WOT).

badassbaldie
11-18-2006, 05:07 PM
That's not your exhaust, that definitely sounds like a boost leak. I do have a neuspeed exhaust by the way, and the only time it sounded like that is when the vacumn line that leads to the DV rubbed up against one of the pulleys and cut a 1" slice into it (long story).

B597
11-18-2006, 05:19 PM
yeah, i dont hear that sound when i got WOT. i have neuspeed exhaust too

onemoremile
11-18-2006, 07:44 PM
I've got a Neuspeed G2 on an avant. No whistling of any kind. It does drone on the freeway but that is an avant thing. I have run it with a gutted stock cat, a Labree test pipe, and a Labree high flow cat.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/onemoremile/IMG_2071_small.jpg

dukez
11-19-2006, 02:50 AM
^^Yeah thats the same exhaust i have. I dont think its related to the engine or dv or boost leaks (even though i might have one). Ive changed my DV twice, 710n then a Forge, I replaced all my vacuum lines both times when switching the DVs.

Its all exhaust.

Sound definetly comes out of the rear and only after (chip boost) spool-up/WOT. Its always been like that since i got the exhaust (and chip). I got chipped before the exhuast, and the stock exhaust with chip boost never made that noise.

And I was running the Stock ECU w/ the exhaust for the last couple months, it doesnt make that whistling noise either during WOT on stock ECU.

^^^And you need some new tires pretty soon one, unless thats an old pic. [:D]

audiluver
11-19-2006, 08:46 AM
my neuspeed does the same thing. but what's weird is you only hear it if you're the passenger. I can't hear it in the driver's seat. Sounds like it comes out of the left rear.

onemoremile
11-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by dukez
^^^And you need some new tires pretty soon one, unless thats an old pic. [:D]

Track tires. Those are shaved and heat cycled RA-1s. That is exactly what they are supposed to look like. Tread does you no good on a dry surface. Rubber contact is everything.

nizmosx
11-19-2006, 07:37 PM
mine has a whistling sound. i assumed all neuspeeds did this. it kind of got fainter when i replaced the resonator for a magnaflow.

onemoremile
11-19-2006, 07:58 PM
I've heard that some Neuspeeds had the whistling. I assumed it was the first gen system.

nizmosx
11-19-2006, 09:56 PM
nah mine was a g2, and i recieved a new rear half section of the exhaust from neuspeed not to long ago so i would have the latest version. it still does it. sometimes i like the sound and sometimes i dont.

dukez
11-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Mines first Gen. It doesnt go whoo whoo like bubb rubbs, but it does go WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSHHHHH. [up]

dukez
11-25-2006, 04:02 PM
**Updated** I fixered my screaming. Turns out it WAS a major boost leak and faulty DV. I guess i missed it both times trying to fix it.

It still makse a whrrll noise at redline, but no more super ear hurting screaming at boost. And it finally drives a lot better. No more boost lag at low rpms and then violent torque at boost. [up]

At the time of that recording, I was running a 710N. Yesterday I decided to replace it with my 007 Forge. After i found it in my garage, I swapped the units and replaced the hoses once again. But this time i got a right sized hose to fit over the 007s nipple. This is where it was proabbly leaking the first time around.

As for the 710N, it is proabbly damaged due to being installed both ways on the car. I never knew which way it went. I bought the 007 because i was told it can be any way. SHrug.

And today i gave the car the SeaFoam treatment. Lots of smoke. Pretty fun, but i flooded the engine twice before i figured it was enough. [:D] Car seems to idle a lot smoother now, but nothing that drastically different that ive noticed (yet). [up]

Next up = to replace those damn CV boots!! [mad][wrench]

badassbaldie
11-25-2006, 05:51 PM
**Updated** I fixered my screaming. Turns out it WAS a major boost leak and faulty DV. I guess i missed it both times trying to fix it.

Thought so...[up]