PDA

View Full Version : So I'm checking out the latest issue of ET...

b00st
11-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Its not a big deal but i'm flipping through there and i get to the readers rides.....i c my car. go figure. its nothing as cool as the spreads like some of the members on this board. but who knew. i submitted the photo a long time ago. never heard nothing. and i'm just flippin through the magazine and i see my name and my car. just thought i'd share.

on a different note...i'm thinking of trying to get a little more bass in the ride. i have boston acoustics all around...but the sound is hollow. thinking of going straight midbass speaker. KICKER SSMB6....anyone use any midbass in their rides.

if i wanted real thump i'd throw in all my phoenix gold subs and amps. but i want no weight. my sub box is a hundred pounds and the amps MS2125 and M44 are big ass heavy amps....don't want them in there. figured i try midbass speakers. anyone ever here them...or any decent midbass speaker for that matter.

a4cefed
11-17-2006, 11:40 PM
nice!

as for the bass, i have one 12" in my car and am very happy, i actually think that a single 10" would have been ok seeing i always have the sub setting on negative 5 . ever think about making an enclosure like this :
http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79915&highlight=sub+enclosure

sushi_turbo
11-18-2006, 02:02 AM
Congrats on your car being mention in Eurotuner.

94jedi
11-18-2006, 07:52 AM
b00st - I made myself a 10" sub enclosure just like the one in the link above. If you're really looking for good sound quality, you don't need more than a 10". I like my music well balanced, and I ususally have my bass turned way down. I'm thinking an 8" might have been perfect. I do like a bit of bass but I don't like the car to rattle. I basically like my stereo to sound as "high end OEM" as possible with a hint more bass. I'm not into the booming systems that kids do today. Also, the smaller the enclosure, the less weight. I also only use a small 75x2/150 x 1 amp so there's no need really for capacitors or an amp rack.

offroader1006
11-18-2006, 07:57 AM
i know the feeling,

i submitted my truck for 4wheel & Offroad mag, and about 2 years later i opened one at the grocery store, and there was my truck.

Cool feeling.

b00st
11-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by offroader1006
i know the feeling,

i submitted my truck for 4wheel & Offroad mag, and about 2 years later i opened one at the grocery store, and there was my truck.

Cool feeling.

yeah i was quite shocked.

b00st
11-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by 94jedi
b00st - I made myself a 10" sub enclosure just like the one in the link above. If you're really looking for good sound quality, you don't need more than a 10". I like my music well balanced, and I ususally have my bass turned way down. I'm thinking an 8" might have been perfect. I do like a bit of bass but I don't like the car to rattle. I basically like my stereo to sound as "high end OEM" as possible with a hint more bass. I'm not into the booming systems that kids do today. Also, the smaller the enclosure, the less weight. I also only use a small 75x2/150 x 1 amp so there's no need really for capacitors or an amp rack.

yeah if my car had the BOSE stereo...that would have been enough...my G35 has great sound....but the audi is sorry. i thought about just using 1 of my 10s that i have. I used to be about cracking payment i have some KICKER 15" subs or some Phoenix Gold XMAX 10s. i really didn't want to the add the amp and get the sub box that adds all that weight. maybe one of those inifinity basslink systems.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cBb53egjt0A/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=108BASSLN2&search=infinity+sub+ii

b00st
11-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by r12055ma4play
nice!

as for the bass, i have one 12" in my car and am very happy, i actually think that a single 10" would have been ok seeing i always have the sub setting on negative 5 . ever think about making an enclosure like this :
http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79915&highlight=sub+enclosure

yeah me likes...i may have someone do that. an audio shop. either that or i cut a hole where the spare tire was and have 1 single 10. in the middle.

zrowcool
11-18-2006, 04:13 PM
you can also go with some shallow mounts or even a 6.5 or 8" sub. midbass wouldnt have the body your looking for. a small 8 in the rear deck should work out well.

4ringAR
11-18-2006, 05:05 PM
does anyone know how big the subwoofer in the audi BOSE package is?(if different for the avant, that would be nice to know aswell).

i have the BOSE system stock on mine, when i turn the volume up a bit with bass on +1 or +2, my license plate will rattle a little bit.
i like how the sub is hidden, and the one on that link looks good too. i dont like how people just get a box and throw it in their trunk. it looks really cheap and unfinished in my opinion.