PDA

View Full Version : Joining the wrecked car club...

MultiAudis
11-17-2006, 12:32 PM
OK first of all, sorry but no pictures yet...

So last night at like 4am somebody crashed through the front yard and hits the A4 while it is on my driveway, on the front right. I'm at work so I don't know the extent of the damages but it looks like new bumper, fender, mirror, wheel, front axle/control arms ect.... not good. The best part, HIT AND RUN. So my biggest question is regarding insurance. In hit and run accidents, anyone have experience going through insurance? I need to know if my insurance rate will go up or not as a result of an accident like that. If anybody has any ideas please let me know!!!

Chard
11-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Your insurance *shouldn't* go up because of that, but you'll still have to fork out the deductible of course.

Sorry to hear that man, that's gotta be a crappy feeling. At least you can upgrade for minimal cost now, if you were planning to...

sean1.8t
11-17-2006, 12:41 PM
that is a really shitty deal man. thats just crazy.. but i've kinda been wanting someone to hit me, just skim off the front or rear bumper so i can upgrade for cheap. cause a lot of times these things turn out for the better

juju4uofa
11-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Wow, you too. I know exactly how you feel (minus the hit and run). Like stated above, your insurance shouldn't go up. This wasn't your fault. Still sucks though. All I can think about with my car is that if it doesn't get totalled so body shop on this earth can make it perfect. There's definetely gonna be problems.

Korrect414
11-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by juju4uofa
Wow, you too. I know exactly how you feel (minus the hit and run). Like stated above, your insurance shouldn't go up. This wasn't your fault. Still sucks though. All I can think about with my car is that if it doesn't get totalled so body shop on this earth can make it perfect. There's definetely gonna be problems.

It's sad but true. Once you get in an accident like that your car never drives the same. Hopefully they total both your cars and you guys can upgrade to some S4's

MultiAudis
11-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the sympathy guys! Please if anyone else has any insight into the insurance please let me know!!

a4cefed
11-17-2006, 01:22 PM
too many cars getting wrecked around here

MR VTEC
11-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by r12055ma4play
too many cars getting wrecked around here
the audi GOD's are telling us to upgrade... [:(]

loustylez
11-17-2006, 01:57 PM
our cars are just too beautiful. people are blinded by the bueaty and run into them. it's unfortunate for us.

MultiAudis
11-17-2006, 05:34 PM
yeah at least it happened before I put all the parts on it... I was waiting till spring so that is a blessing...

E Fresh
11-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Dude, Justin that sucks man. Good luck getting the car fixed[up]. It depends on your insurance, but your rates should not go up but you will have to pay the deductable. I just glad you didn't have all of your parts installed yet.

ExpLlclT
11-17-2006, 11:26 PM
crap another .... sigh*post pics ...

Militant-Grunt
11-18-2006, 12:39 AM
Jeez God is pissed off at B5 A4's.

sushi_turbo
11-18-2006, 02:01 AM
Damn not another wrecked post. Sorry to hear about that.